What are the most important plugins you're using for your woo store?

Aaon77

Just read the review sections. People there have no problem blasting a plugin if it's crap ... lol :)

Actually, it's fairly rare. Don't worry so much. :)

Pretty unlikely if you get it from the Wordpress depository ... just don't use pirated or nulled plugins from elsewhere.

In that case ... use the Original plugin ... it has most of the basic "plugins" built in.

Thanks for the tips, I guess you're right - and absolutely correct about 'nulled plugins' ...

& yup, always do read the reviews & will keep an eye on this all - thanks for tips

Direct Webstore

it'd be great to have almost zero plugins
If you want to find out if any plugins are slowing your site down ... deactivate all except Alidropship and Woo, do a speed test, take note of the speed ... then start activating your plugins one by one, retesting each time. Most times you won't notice much difference at all. If there is a big slowdown after activating a certain plugin ... look for an alternative and test that.

Deactivate your Cache plugin too ... and leave it till last.

Arnaldo

And I am looking for a plug-in that will take the product title of a product and update Alt Text attribute of all the images of this product with this product title. In the below screen shot "Colorful & Trendy Long Sleeve T shirt for Girls" in what I want the Alt Text attribute of all the images under this product to get update with.

View attachment 6013

Thanks!

Media renamer and media alt renamer by jordy meow. Great plugins

Arnaldo

If I had to pick one only ... Facebook for Woocommerce. The official app from Facebook. Not only does it install your Pixel on your site (Like Pixel Caffeine does) ... but it also imports ALL your products to your Facebook page's Shop section and keeps them in sync. For free. Other "free" ones only import a few products until you upgrade with monthly payments.

https://woocommerce.com/products/facebook/

Do you mean you can do product category sync automatically without setting manually your xml feed with official fb plugin?

What do you use for opengraph?

kingpin

Use this plugin developed by godaddy.com to see what plugins are slowing down your wordpress website. Its not updated but still you can use it. Just activate it to see the performance graph and then deactivate it.
Screenshot_2018-10-02-19-07-04-06.png

kingpin

I use this plugin named GOTMLS to scan my sites periodically for potential threats.
This is a free plugin. i high recommend it to those site owners who by mistake installed any nulled or pirated or old version plugin or theme or any file on your file directories.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/gotmls/

Screenshot_2018-10-02-19-13-39-20.png

Direct Webstore

Re - Facebook for Woocommerce..
Do you mean you can do product category sync automatically without setting manually your xml feed with official fb plugin?
Yes ... it's an official Facebook app, so they have it all sorted. You can download it from the Woocommerce site or Github

What do you use for opengraph?
After trying a few ... Open Graph for Facebook, Google+ and Twitter Card Tags by Webdados does the job flawlessly.

NexusFred

Hello @guru.baba,

you must use a child theme to run that hook. Just copy this code into the "functions.php" page.

I have test it and it's working. :)

PHP:
add_filter('wp_get_attachment_image_attributes', 'change_attachement_image_attributes', 20, 2);
function change_attachement_image_attributes( $attr, $attachment ) {
// Get post parent
$parent = get_post_field( 'post_parent', $attachment);

// Get post type to check if it's product
$type = get_post_field( 'post_type', $parent);
if( $type != 'product' ){
    return $attr;
}

/// Get title
$title = get_post_field( 'post_title', $parent);

if( $attr['alt'] == ''){
    $attr['alt'] = $title;
    $attr['title'] = $title;
}

return $attr;
}

If it's still not working, try to check if you theme Woocommerce page generate well the IMG tag. If in the IMG tag the ALT and TITLE are missing the hook will not work.

Direct Webstore

you must use a child theme to run that hook. Just copy this code into the "functions.php" page.
It should work in the main theme's functions.php too. Using a child theme just solves the problem of it being overwritten by theme updates. I have 1 minor addition in my main theme's functions.php for a popup and it's works fine. For me, creating a child theme for that 1 little change is overkill. I'll just re-upload when the theme updates.

If in the IMG tag the ALT and TITLE are missing the hook will not work.
This is likely the problem ... not because of a child theme not being used.

:)

Arnaldo

I also recommend All in One SEO rather than YOAST as it includes TITLE, DESCRIPTION and KEYWORD fields for products. Yoast only does that with a paid add-on. Also, it handles your site map, robots.txt, htaccess file, blocks bad bots and adds Open Graph data for Facebook and Twitter. It's Yoast's number one competitor ... and in my opinion, far superior for an e-commerce site. Yoast is mainly for blog type sites.

Hi DWS, do you refer to this one? https://semperplugins.com/all-in-one-seo-pack-pro-version/?loc=sp_navmenu

It has basic Woo support but you don't have SEO Keywords for categories apparently, correct me if I'm wrong.

Adding Category keyword is a must for me personally.

Cheers buddy.

pouria

Hello Mates
Many times i get messages from fellow members asking me about all the best plugins I'm personally using on my stores.
So here is the list of plugins i use on my stores accordingly without any compatibility issues or errors.

1. Table Rate shipping plugin: Its needed to create different shipping classes and hooks for different categories, products, prices, etc.

2. Yith abandoned cart recovery plugin: This send emails to people leaving carts and checkouts

3. yith product add-on: to create add-ons
4. Yith frequently bought together plugin
5. Yith share for discount
6. Yith custom thank you pages plugin
7. affiliateWP
8. Litespeed cache plugin
9. cloudflare
10. McAfee plugin
11. Trust seal badges
12. Cart messages
13. Yith desktop notifications
14.Mailster
15. woocommerce advanced refund system
16. Yith anti fraud premium
17. Yith woocommerce customer history
18. One click upsell
19. SMS notifications
20. Yoast SEO

and there few more in-house custom coded plugins for different custom needs.

I would love to know about all the plugins you are using on your woocommerce store(s) without any compatibility issues with Alidropship woocommerce plugin
I added 3,4 of those YITH plugins, and in result i got Error 500 :(

Direct Webstore

I added 3,4 of those YITH plugins, and in result i got Error 500 :(
I use a few Yith plugins too ... and no errors. You need to be careful and follow documentation.
If you can't access Admin ... use FTP to go to the plugins folder and rename them to disable them...then go to Admin and uninstall...then try again ... if you wish

pouria

I use a few Yith plugins too ... and no errors. You need to be careful and follow documentation.
If you can't access Admin ... use FTP to go to the plugins folder and rename them to disable them...then go to Admin and uninstall...then try again ... if you wish

I was being impatient, so i click activate all at once :D and then booom...
thanks to Jetpack(the last plugin I was expecting to be useful) it sent me a link and i use FTP to remove them all ...

I use a few Yith plugins too

Are they good and worth to try?