What are the most important plugins you're using for your woo store?

cyrusonyx

I also recommend All in One SEO rather than YOAST as it includes TITLE, DESCRIPTION and KEYWORD fields for products. Yoast only does that with a paid add-on. Also, it handles your site map, robots.txt, htaccess file, blocks bad bots and adds Open Graph data for Facebook and Twitter. It's Yoast's number one competitor ... and in my opinion, far superior for an e-commerce site. Yoast is mainly for blog type sites.

I've just learned of SEOPress having seen WPCrafter's review on YouTube. Simple and elegant with a $39 pro version for unlimited sites. Worth a look.

cyrusonyx

Hang on ... that's per year ... I hate that. Unless it's fantastic. And the free version doesn't support Woo.
Think I'll stick to All in One SEO for the time being.

Yeah so many of these pricing models are now yearly subscriptions...A pain! All in One SEO pro is also yearly but you're limited to one site and costs a little more. Guess it's down to a battle of which offers the most in the free versions :p

WeBulkSale

Hello Mates
Many times i get messages from fellow members asking me about all the best plugins I'm personally using on my stores.
So here is the list of plugins i use on my stores accordingly without any compatibility issues or errors.

1. Table Rate shipping plugin: Its needed to create different shipping classes and hooks for different categories, products, prices, etc.

2. Yith abandoned cart recovery plugin: This send emails to people leaving carts and checkouts

3. yith product add-on: to create add-ons
4. Yith frequently bought together plugin
5. Yith share for discount
6. Yith custom thank you pages plugin
7. affiliateWP
8. Litespeed cache plugin
9. cloudflare
10. McAfee plugin
11. Trust seal badges
12. Cart messages
13. Yith desktop notifications
14.Mailster
15. woocommerce advanced refund system
16. Yith anti fraud premium
17. Yith woocommerce customer history
18. One click upsell
19. SMS notifications
20. Yoast SEO

and there few more in-house custom coded plugins for different custom needs.

I would love to know about all the plugins you are using on your woocommerce store(s) without any compatibility issues with Alidropship woocommerce plugin

1. Mailchimp
2. WP Optin Wheel
3. Yoast

landed

The Great Plugin Myth ...
https://wpengine.com.au/blog/plugin...ts-not-the-number-of-plugins-its-the-quality/

I have 39 plugins and my page speed rank is 92 on Google's Page speed test. I've said this many times here ... not all plugins operate at the same time, some only operate in the Admin, it depends on individual plugins (experiment) and also and most importantly you have to factor in your hosts speed. Wordpress and Woocommerce are modular bare bones systems designed to use plugins. They need plugins. Plugins are not evil. :)

I think it would be great if plugins actually told you how many extra files it loads and what it is doing before you install and use it. Sort of a metrics speed rating in the plugins database.

jorgeraidel

well very good that your web keep amazing speed, in my experience when you are about 25 to 30 pluggins is not good idea for so many reasons, actually is very painfull when some plugins are getting conflicts, in thos moment i have about 27 and i will implement some direct by code, 80% of free plugins including to much trash code or ads publicity for premium options,ect,ect.

i am using for Cache WP-Rocket and people is amzing, improve about speed and stats on generals, a big difference with other cache plugins

Direct Webstore

in my experience when you are about 25 to 30 pluggins is not good idea

I'm guessing you probably don't compare, test and shop around enough and/or use budget hosting. It's a pretty common scenario with many people and that's how the "too many plugins" myth got started in the first place. It's also a pretty vague and misleading statement. "25 to 30" which plugins? Like I said above, not all plugins are the same. Not all plugins effect your site the same way. Many don't don't affect your speed at all. If someone was to just install 25 - 30 plugins randomly, with no research, testing and comparison, they may end up with a sluggish site too.

Cache WP-Rocket
It's good. I've tested it. Along with WP Super Cache, WP Fastest Cache and W3 Total Cache ... but W3 Total Cache consistently came out on top. It's also recommended by many top web professionals and top sites. There are a lot of settings to go through though. But it's worth it. With 37 plugins now, my pages consistently score in the 90s with GTMetrix and Google Page Speed Insights and score A+ on other speed testers.

Last edited:

Arnaldo

well very good that your web keep amazing speed, in my experience when you are about 25 to 30 pluggins is not good idea for so many reasons, actually is very painfull when some plugins are getting conflicts, in thos moment i have about 27 and i will implement some direct by code, 80% of free plugins including to much trash code or ads publicity for premium options,ect,ect.

i am using for Cache WP-Rocket and people is amzing, improve about speed and stats on generals, a big difference with other cache plugins

Again as @Direct Webstore said what bloats your site depends on many factors.

First: Hosting environment. Are you on Apache, Nginx, Litespeed? Shared hosting or VPS? All of these will have an impact on your site speed.

2nd: conflicting plugins. Yes, adding plugins adds some loading latency. But with well-coded plugins, you can add 30+ plugins and still be under 2 sec. load times with good hosting. Put these 30+ plugins under good VPS hosting like Vultr/ Digital Ocean/ Linode/ Cloudways you will see a clear difference compared to shared hosting.

3rd: keep in mind that an e-commerce site must generally have good quality images so less compressed compared to a simple blog. Loading times are relatively higher for those. So don't spend to much time on this as long as it's loading under 3sec per page.

So, in the end, there is not truth. You will have to spend a lot of time to debug bad plugins yourself and chose what works only for your setup.

For cache Wp Rocket, Wp Super Cache + Autoptimize, Wp fastest cache or W3 cache do wonders on Apache or LEMP (Apache/Nginx) stacks.

For Litespeed/Openlitespeed (which I am using now) Litespeed cache is incredibly fast (full page cache) and 100% free with lots of options like free image compression, minification, etc.... A bargain compared to the competition (Wp Rocket). But it is a real pain in the ass to setup correctly, far too many options, not beginner friendly at all.

Sometimes I just miss easy plugin settings with few options that works instantly (like WP super cache).

So forget about the number of plugins, use only the plugins you need and that are stable on your install. Avoid overlapping between plugin functionalities.

And yes there are many 100% free awesome plugins out there. It's all about quality here not quantity.

Direct Webstore

For Litespeed/Openlitespeed (which I am using now) Litespeed cache is incredibly fast (full page cache) and 100% free
What would you recommend non Litespeed cloud hosting? I just moved to Hostgator cloud. I'm too lazy/busy to go through the learning curve for VPS hosting at the moment. Presently I'm using W3 which came up as the fastest after comparing several. Know of anything better? (for cloud hosting)

Arnaldo

The only cloud hosting I know so far in the US that's not too bad is A2 Hosting. Had some issues with them because of too much I/O's but overall they are good but not cheap. Support wise it's not as good as Siteground.

For VPS, the most convenient and easy way to handle VPS self-hosting is:

1. Do a one-click instance from either Linode, Vultr, Digital Ocean, Upcloud ----> starts from as cheaper as 5$/month for VPS

2. Subscribe for Runcloud.io service to manage all your site from the same place with a very very neat better interface than Cpanel. ----> starting from 8$/month for 1 server, 15$ for multi-servers (but you can have 1 servers + multiple site on the same).

The process is very very easy like having a new wordpress setup in 20 min.
They handle LAMP (apache) or LEMP (Apache hybrid with Nginx as reverse proxy) stacks. No litespeed support yet.
Stability wise it's a bit better than Litespeed that can be tricky at times for configuration and tuning. (htaccess rewrite rules).

Probably that's what I will do in the future to avoid hassles.

Now I still use Openlitespeed (litespeed opensource) with the free and awesome Cyberpanel (Cpanel like interface).
Cost effective and fast but... hmmm tricky to setup. lol Runcloud is so easy in comparison.

Direct Webstore

A2 Hosting. Had some issues with them because of too much I/O's
I remember ... but that was because of constant testing of the product updating wasn't it?

Anyway. I'll stick with Hostgator Cloud at the moment. After a lot of initial hassles it's working well now with very fast loading times. I may look into Runcloud.io in the future if I have any problems.

alidroprules

Hello Mates
Many times i get messages from fellow members asking me about all the best plugins I'm personally using on my stores.
So here is the list of plugins i use on my stores accordingly without any compatibility issues or errors.

1. Table Rate shipping plugin: Its needed to create different shipping classes and hooks for different categories, products, prices, etc.

2. Yith abandoned cart recovery plugin: This send emails to people leaving carts and checkouts

3. yith product add-on: to create add-ons
4. Yith frequently bought together plugin
5. Yith share for discount
6. Yith custom thank you pages plugin
7. affiliateWP
8. Litespeed cache plugin
9. cloudflare
10. McAfee plugin
11. Trust seal badges
12. Cart messages
13. Yith desktop notifications
14.Mailster
15. woocommerce advanced refund system
16. Yith anti fraud premium
17. Yith woocommerce customer history
18. One click upsell
19. SMS notifications
20. Yoast SEO

and there few more in-house custom coded plugins for different custom needs.

I would love to know about all the plugins you are using on your woocommerce store(s) without any compatibility issues with Alidropship woocommerce plugin

Thanks this would help me a lot and save mi tons of time