variation images vs Attribute swatch photos

huntfordrive

Hello, Starting new shop with WCFM multivendor/ swatches for woocommerce Pro / Alidropship Woo

Problem I have is that when I import product from Aliexpress only variations pictures are imported.

When importing variable product, new attribute swatch is created for example "Color" with corresponding options "brown" "black" and "white". Each option has it's own picture on Aliexpress.

Once imported, under WP dashboard > Product > Attributes > Color > new attributes are added but NO photos are ATTACHED.

So onto my question. Is my thinking right that these Attribute swatch photos should be imported as well? Otherwise I have to added them manually for each product which is time consuming...

Here is few screen shots:

Mar

Also, should these images within the attributes be imported? or is my thinking wrong?
My suggestion is make it simple. I saw a number of posts about this plugin, it is making things complicated. Attribute images by default are imported and you don't need any plugin for that.

huntfordrive

My suggestion is make it simple. I saw a number of posts about this plugin, it is making things complicated. Attribute images by default are imported and you don't need any plugin for that.

Ok please read my post again. I said that I am using AliDropship to import products and this function of importing Attribute images does not work. I sent screenshot showing that these images are missing after import. I am NOT using any other plugin to import Attribute images.

huntfordrive

OK finally I got reply from tech support:

I was wrong, this is being taken from variation, I am sending you a screencast video

Meaning that no attributive images are importing only variation photos. These are used to display under swatches. Here is conflict then

the_lyall

When I look at the media library after importing a product using AliDropship, I can see that the swatch images from AliExpress are imported.

They are automatically set as the variation image (as you can see already) but you can also use them as the swatches like in AliExpress.

I use the free plugin Variation Swatcher for WooCommerce and after importing a product it's only a few clicks to add the already imported images to each attribute term. Then they appear as below, and after clicking each one then the main variation image for each one is loaded. I've not used variation swatches on any of my other sites yet but I think it's much better than a list (if the product is suitable).

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Just wanted to share my thoughts, as the fact that the images are already being imported means it's literally only a few extra clicks when adding a product to assign the images to the attribute terms :)

huntfordrive

When I look at the media library after importing a product using AliDropship, I can see that the swatch images from AliExpress are imported.

They are automatically set as the variation image (as you can see already) but you can also use them as the swatches like in AliExpress.

I use the free plugin Variation Swatcher for WooCommerce and after importing a product it's only a few clicks to add the already imported images to each attribute term. Then they appear as below, and after clicking each one then the main variation image for each one is loaded. I've not used variation swatches on any of my other sites yet but I think it's much better than a list (if the product is suitable).

View attachment 12228

View attachment 12229

Just wanted to share my thoughts, as the fact that the images are already being imported means it's literally only a few extra clicks when adding a product to assign the images to the attribute terms :)

Thanks for your comment. I am trying to avoid this step to assign all images even if its just few clicks. If you upgrade Swatches plugin to Pro version, you are able to convert any drop-down menus to show as images that are imported into variations. It works fine but the issue right now I have is that I CAN NOT sort attributed on product page which confuses the plugin and incorrect attributes have pictures assigned. In principle it works, but I am in talks with developers of the plugin to have a deeper look into it... Will keep you updated

the_lyall

Thanks for your comment. I am trying to avoid this step to assign all images even if its just few clicks. If you upgrade Swatches plugin to Pro version, you are able to convert any drop-down menus to show as images that are imported into variations. It works fine but the issue right now I have is that I CAN NOT sort attributed on product page which confuses the plugin and incorrect attributes have pictures assigned. In principle it works, but I am in talks with developers of the plugin to have a deeper look into it... Will keep you updated

If you want to sort the attributes go to Products > Attributes, specify the sort order and if you select 'manual' you can drag the attribute terms into the order you want. Is that not working with your plugin? It works with the one I use. You need to set the sort order in the attributes section of WooCommerce, not in the product settings/product pages.

If it's a different issue then the developers will get it sorted for you.

huntfordrive

If you want to sort the attributes go to Products > Attributes, specify the sort order and if you select 'manual' you can drag the attribute terms into the order you want. Is that not working with your plugin? It works with the one I use. You need to set the sort order in the attributes section of WooCommerce, not in the product settings/product pages.

Yeah it does not work, when I drag and drop and change order works fine but after saving goes back to previous settings for some reason.

huntfordrive

Would you be able to record short video with LOOM to show me how you do it? Perhaps I am doing somethings wrong

huntfordrive

Ok, when I Was doing it from WCFM multivendor dashboard it did not work but when tried from WP admin dashboard works fine Heppy days