URGENT: total confusion because of attribute names! after RESET PRODUCT - attributes mismatch

i imported mobile phone cases in my shop. they have different ATTRIBUTES like MODEL or COLOR. eg: CASE for iphone XR in red

when i import a product the supplier mostly have wrong ATTRIBUTE names for models or colors.

EXAMPLE:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32918436021.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32923994130.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859124402.html

PROBLEM: the supplier names the MODELS = COLOR and the COLOR = MATERIAL or the MODEL = MATERIAL.

when i import i rename the ATTRIBUTES correctly and also NAMES of the VARIATONS so they will be displayed for the user.

Eg.: i rename the Variation: "For iphone 6s" to "iPhone 6s" or translating words from "Black" to "schwarz" in German.

PROBLEM 1)
some of variations are going missing after a time in my shop eventho the variations are still on ali express.
i was told to RESET PRODUCT in the SUPPLIER TAB. that works. the variations are back.
THIS is already a big problem! A lot of people seem to have the same problem.

why is this happening?

PROBLEM 2)
i have now multiple and mixed up ATTRIBUTES for MODEL and COLOR (Farbe) and the VARIATONS (color names and iphone models in one list) are mixed up.
They have the same SLUG.

attributes mixup.jpg

PROBLEM 3) my translated and corrected VARIATION NAMES are gone thru the PRODUCT RESET
my product detail page is a mess again because the attributes are named wrong.

error- product detail.jpg

PROBLEM 4)
i tried to delete ONE of the ATTRIBUTES what have the same SLUG.
then all the ATTRIBUTES were deleted with the same SLUG.
therefor i am getting this error for the missing ATTRIBUTES
variationserror.jpg

PROBLEM 5)
I can not UPDATE the PRODUCT, RESET PRODUCT. i am always getting this loader.
updateerror.jpg
maybe you can build in the future a 0 - 100% Loader so we can see if the upload stucks.

nor i can UPDATE THE PRODUCT LIST (in FIREFOX)in the AliWoo Update Settings. it stucks at 2%

can somebody tell me how to handle the problem with renaming the ATTRIBUTES and VARIATONS TERMS?

i can not monitor my shop every day for missing variations.

YAROS: would it make sense not to update TERMS of ATTRIBUTES and VARIATIONS on PRODUCT RESET?

we are developing now our Woocommerce shops since month and i imported these Products to test the shops during development.

now i am disappointed.

i love the idea of dropshipping and i like the alidropship plugin, but i dont think that i can go online with a shop like that.

is there a work around, an idea, anything...

Last edited:

Irene

Staff member
i imported mobile phone cases in my shop. they have different ATTRIBUTES like MODEL or COLOR. eg: CASE for iphone XR in red

when i import a product the supplier mostly have wrong ATTRIBUTE names for models or colors.

EXAMPLE:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32918436021.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32923994130.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859124402.html

PROBLEM: the supplier names the MODELS = COLOR and the COLOR = MATERIAL or the MODEL = MATERIAL.

when i import i rename the ATTRIBUTES correctly and also NAMES of the VARIATONS so they will be displayed for the user.

Eg.: i rename the Variation: "For iphone 6s" to "iPhone 6s" or translating words from "Black" to "schwarz" in German.

PROBLEM 1)
some of variations are going missing after a time in my shop eventho the variations are still on ali express.
i was told to RESET PRODUCT in the SUPPLIER TAB. that works. the variations are back.
THIS is already a big problem! A lot of people seem to have the same problem.

why is this happening?

PROBLEM 2)
i have now multiple and mixed up ATTRIBUTES for MODEL and COLOR (Farbe) and the VARIATONS (color names and iphone models in one list) are mixed up.
They have the same SLUG.

View attachment 9695

PROBLEM 3) my translated and corrected VARIATION NAMES are gone thru the PRODUCT RESET
my product detail page is a mess again because the attributes are named wrong.

View attachment 9697

PROBLEM 4)
i tried to delete ONE of the ATTRIBUTES what have the same SLUG.
then all the ATTRIBUTES were deleted with the same SLUG.
therefor i am getting this error for the missing ATTRIBUTES
View attachment 9698

PROBLEM 5)
I can not UPDATE the PRODUCT, RESET PRODUCT. i am always getting this loader.
View attachment 9699
maybe you can build in the future a 0 - 100% Loader so we can see if the upload stucks.

nor i can UPDATE THE PRODUCT LIST (in FIREFOX)in the AliWoo Update Settings. it stucks at 2%

can somebody tell me how to handle the problem with renaming the ATTRIBUTES and VARIATONS TERMS?

i can not monitor my shop every day for missing variations.

YAROS: would it make sense not to update TERMS of ATTRIBUTES and VARIATIONS on PRODUCT RESET?

we are developing now our Woocommerce shops since month and i imported these Products to test the shops during development.

now i am disappointed.

i love the idea of dropshipping and i like the alidropship plugin, but i dont think that i can go online with a shop like that.

is there a work around, an idea, anything...

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you have faced such difficulties. I can understand your disappointment and frustration.

Let me explain how to deal with attributes and variations in Alidropship Woo. Woocommerce gathers all the attributes of all products on one page, so when you change an attribute for one product via WordPress you change this attribute for all of your products whether they need renaming or not. Due to the fact that many Aliexpress suppliers name attributes and variations inconsistently, editing already imported products via WordPress may lead to confusion.

We recommend editing attribute names in the extension before importing > http://prntscr.com/omakju, that is a safe way of editing and it does not affect other products and slugs.

Please note the same slug of attributes is not a problem. There is no need to remove such attributes in the future.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to fix the current situation with your items. Now you need to clean the database in order to avoid the same trouble with future imports. I understand that you have spent a lot of time and effort importing and editing items and I am sorry that you have to start it from scratch. Please remove all the products (ensure the images were removed as well > http://prntscr.com/omas3o), next go to Attributes tab in your WordPress admin area and remove all the attributes there as well. Then you can start reimporting items the correct way.

Regarding your question about reset, it gets back original names of variation, that is how "reset" option works. That is why Model became Farbe again.

As for the "loading with airplanes", thank you for your suggestion about a 0 - 100% loader. I will pass it to our managerial team and they consider if it is possible to make something like that in the future.

Hello Irene,
thanks for your answer. i appreciate it.
i used to rename the attributes and terms already with the import tool like you suggested.

the problem is for me, that in first place (today again) some products disappear on my page because they seem to be out of stock.

then i HAVE to reset the product as described. and then it seem that the problem with the mixed attributes and terms within one attribute will happen again eventho i will delete all products and import them again.

i have the settings for DELETING IMAGES WHEN DELETING PRODUCTS activated already.

the main problem what i see is, why products are out of stock suddenly eventho they are available on aliexpress.

i sent you my login already today. it would be nice when you could check out the installation.

thanks a lot

djpey

Hello Irene,
thanks for your answer. i appreciate it.
i used to rename the attributes and terms already with the import tool like you suggested.

the problem is for me, that in first place (today again) some products disappear on my page because they seem to be out of stock.

then i HAVE to reset the product as described. and then it seem that the problem with the mixed attributes and terms within one attribute will happen again eventho i will delete all products and import them again.

i have the settings for DELETING IMAGES WHEN DELETING PRODUCTS activated already.

the main problem what i see is, why products are out of stock suddenly eventho they are available on aliexpress.

i sent you my login already today. it would be nice when you could check out the installation.

thanks a lot
i have the same problem, where u able to fix it ? i need some help please. thanks a lot.

Mar

i have the same problem, where u able to fix it ? i need some help please. thanks a lot.
As the support stated: Let me explain how to deal with attributes and variations in Alidropship Woo. Woocommerce gathers all the attributes of all products on one page, so when you change an attribute for one product via WordPress you change this attribute for all of your products whether they need renaming or not. Due to the fact that many Aliexpress suppliers name attributes and variations inconsistently, editing already imported products via WordPress may lead to confusion.

You don't mess with the attributes and variations in in admin page. Yes, the attributes and variations made by the sellers are not accurate and inconsistent but it is not a big deal, although it depend if for you it is the end of the world. When visitors saw red, black or blue in Size variation, they know it is a mistake and they will choose accordingly.

djpey

how about this solution then,
As the support stated: Let me explain how to deal with attributes and variations in Alidropship Woo. Woocommerce gathers all the attributes of all products on one page, so when you change an attribute for one product via WordPress you change this attribute for all of your products whether they need renaming or not. Due to the fact that many Aliexpress suppliers name attributes and variations inconsistently, editing already imported products via WordPress may lead to confusion.

You don't mess with the attributes and variations in admin page. Yes, the attributes and variations made by the sellers are not accurate and inconsistent but it is not a big deal, although it depends if for you it is the end of the world. When visitors saw red, black or blue in Size variation, they know it is a mistake and they will choose accordingly.

thanks for the clarification, how about this solution then, is it possible to edit the attribute and variation name via the chrome extension before importing them, will that lead to WP to confusion too? I just need a confirmation regarding the matter, is it possible

Mar's got a point. We just leave 'em be - if it's too disorientating to the viewer, we simply remove the product (and supplier, as the case may be) so as to reduce the apparent conflicts. If you think this is a headache, wait till you try Google Merchant/Google Ads, it will drive you up the wall and beyond and for some, never come back!

Picture this:
o AliE suppliers have their own peculiar taxonomy which do not always correspond to real world conception of what things like 'colors' and 'size' mean - for example, red is a color, so is 'a' for some products in AliE! And then you try to churn out an XML sheet in Google Merchant so you can load it in Google Ads and guess what?? Google has its own nomenclature for what are 'attributes' and will not budge (understandably, since they have to deal with zillions of Ad products) - so your whole XML sheet turns red with gross mismatch on all fronts.

o Then you try to re-label your AliE (now on AliWoo) products attributes to match what is required by Google Ads - here's where most folks collapse and need resuscitation (including us) ... you run out of patience because it's too much! Of course, they are ways round it - less categories, choose products that only have Google attributes, or simply take a break :D.

o AND then you shudder to think whether changing those attributes to suit Google will now affect your next sync'ing of your products with AliE because guess what, now your re-labelled attributes (to match Google) no longer matches the ones of your suppliers!!! Tada! Back to the drawing board and reset all the affected products ...

Who says dropshipping is dull?
And the margins should be respected for what dropshippers have to go through just to get one sale ... LoL.

ps. sorry we couldn't be of much help :(

Reactions: Mar

djpey

Mar's got a point. We just leave 'em be - if it's too disorientating to the viewer, we simply remove the product (and supplier, as the case may be) so as to reduce the apparent conflicts. If you think this is a headache, wait till you try Google Merchant/Google Ads, it will drive you up the wall and beyond and for some, never come back!

Picture this:
o AliE suppliers have their own peculiar taxonomy which do not always correspond to real world conception of what things like 'colors' and 'size' mean - for example, red is a color, so is 'a' for some products in AliE! And then you try to churn out an XML sheet in Google Merchant so you can load it in Google Ads and guess what?? Google has its own nomenclature for what are 'attributes' and will not budge (understandably, since they have to deal with zillions of Ad products) - so your whole XML sheet turns red with gross mismatch on all fronts.

o Then you try to re-label your AliE (now on AliWoo) products attributes to match what is required by Google Ads - here's where most folks collapse and need resuscitation (including us) ... you run out of patience because it's too much! Of course, they are ways round it - less categories, choose products that only have Google attributes, or simply take a break :D.

o AND then you shudder to think whether changing those attributes to suit Google will now affect your next sync'ing of your products with AliE because guess what, now your re-labelled attributes (to match Google) no longer matches the ones of your suppliers!!! Tada! Back to the drawing board and reset all the affected products ...

Who says dropshipping is dull?
And the margins should be respected for what dropshippers have to go through just to get one sale ... LoL.

ps. sorry we couldn't be of much help :(

Hello, thanks for the heads up and sure this is a big issue, but like you said there are ways around it (google ads are main part of my Mrkg strategy), and besides if it was "that easy" where is the Fun in all of that, your post literally pumps me up, can't wait to solve all those problems you just mentioned, let's get those sales. :)

There is a simple way to fix this (at least on the De Vinci woo theme) when editing the product go to each variation and just type in a unique description in the Description field and then when a client clicks a variation the description will show.

Direct Webstore

is it possible to edit the attribute and variation name via the chrome extension before importing them,
That's exactly what @Irene said was the advised method already.

Mar's got a point. We just leave 'em be
That's what I've been doing too. But now that I know this .,.
We recommend editing attribute names in the extension before importing ... it does not affect other products and slugs.
... I will keep it in mind for future imports.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

gkartikey

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you have faced such difficulties. I can understand your disappointment and frustration.

Let me explain how to deal with attributes and variations in Alidropship Woo. Woocommerce gathers all the attributes of all products on one page, so when you change an attribute for one product via WordPress you change this attribute for all of your products whether they need renaming or not. Due to the fact that many Aliexpress suppliers name attributes and variations inconsistently, editing already imported products via WordPress may lead to confusion.

We recommend editing attribute names in the extension before importing > http://prntscr.com/omakju, that is a safe way of editing and it does not affect other products and slugs.

Please note the same slug of attributes is not a problem. There is no need to remove such attributes in the future.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to fix the current situation with your items. Now you need to clean the database in order to avoid the same trouble with future imports. I understand that you have spent a lot of time and effort importing and editing items and I am sorry that you have to start it from scratch. Please remove all the products (ensure the images were removed as well > http://prntscr.com/omas3o), next go to Attributes tab in your WordPress admin area and remove all the attributes there as well. Then you can start reimporting items the correct way.

Regarding your question about reset, it gets back original names of variation, that is how "reset" option works. That is why Model became Farbe again.

As for the "loading with airplanes", thank you for your suggestion about a 0 - 100% loader. I will pass it to our managerial team and they consider if it is possible to make something like that in the future.

@Irene So, what is the solution to the reset problem? As when the seller adds/deletes a variation we have to reset the product. So, every review, description, tags, content, etc. would be gone if we reimport the product. Need a way around this? Is the tech team working on some solution, as it is a constant issue.

Mar

As when the seller adds/deletes a variation we have to reset the product.
How do you know that a seller adds/deletes a variation? There is no way until you run product update.
Need a way around this? Is the tech team working on some solution, as it is a constant issue.
That is why there is a product update, automatic or manual. When ever product update run, products that were updated by the seller will be updated in your store and that include variations. It is not a constant issue. It is an issue only to those who don't understand the functions of the plugin.

uooos