Transition to PHP 7.1. and Zend Guard support termination

Nick84

Seems my post got lost in the discussion - how about plugin users that also use your hosting - AliDropship (as I am one of them)? Do I need to do anything or you will handle automatically?

Yaros

Staff member
Seems my post got lost in the discussion - how about plugin users that also use your hosting - AliDropship (as I am one of them)? Do I need to do anything or you will handle automatically?
You just need to install AliDropship for ionCube. We can't change the plugin automatically on your site.

Nick84

You just need to install AliDropship for ionCube. We can't change the plugin automatically on your site.
Hi Yaros,

To avoid any confusion and ambiguity, can you please provide a detailed instructions on how to do this? I see also there are lots of questions from other users. Please note that not all of us are that technically proficient...
From the instructions entered by Victoria it is still unclear to me which is the AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader and which is the AliDropship plugin for ionCube? And how to know which one I have.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Yaros,

To avoid any confusion and ambiguity, can you please provide a detailed instructions on how to do this? I see also there are lots of questions from other users. Please note that not all of us are that technically proficient...
From the instructions entered by Victoria it is still unclear to me which is the AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader and which is the AliDropship plugin for ionCube? And how to know which one I have.
Hello, to know which version of plugin you have please go to your WordPress admin area -> Plugins -> AliDropship plugin and click 'Edit'

7d53cb44e53e.png

00828701bebf.png

upload_2017-10-2_13-49-59.png

If you have an empty space between quotes ' ' (as in example above) - you have Zend Guard Loader.

If you have word ion between these quotes - you have ionCube version.

Last edited:

Nick84

Hello, to know which version of plugin you have please go to your WordPress admin area -> Plugins -> AliDropship plugin and click 'Edit'

7d53cb44e53e.png

00828701bebf.png

If you have an empty space between quotes ' ' (as in example above) - you have Zend Guard Loader.

If you have word ion between these quotes - you have ionCube version.
Thank you Victoria! So I have the Zend Guard Loader. Prior to moving to Ion Cube I understand that I need to first enable ion cube on my cpanel. How do I do that? I am using your hosting but looking at the instructions Yaros provided here (https://alidropship.com/codex/6-install-ioncube-loader-hosting/) I do not see "Select PHP version" and a menu where I can tick the ioncube_loader.

Yaros

Staff member
Thank you Victoria! So I have the Zend Guard Loader. Prior to moving to Ion Cube I understand that I need to first enable ion cube on my cpanel. How do I do that? I am using your hosting but looking at the instructions Yaros provided here (https://alidropship.com/codex/6-install-ioncube-loader-hosting/) I do not see "Select PHP version" and a menu where I can tick the ioncube_loader.
You just need to install AliDropship for ionCube.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
If you have our Hosting you don't need to activate anything. It is enabled by default. Just Deactivate AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader -> Delete it -> Install AliDropship plugin for ionCube and activate it.

Nick84

If you have our Hosting you don't need to activate anything. It is enabled by default. Just Deactivate AliDropship plugin for Zend Guard Loader -> Delete it -> Install AliDropship plugin for ionCube and activate it.
Is there any specific sequence I need to follow? e.g. first deactivate existing version, then install new one and then delete the old version? Does it matter? Also are we 100% sure there will be no loss of existing information, settings, etc?

Yaros

Staff member
Just remove the plugin and install an ionCube one. You will NOT lose any data. ionCube works also with PHP 5.6.

You can enable PHP 7.0 in your cPanel. Go to MultiPHP Manager -> and select ea-php70 for necessary domain. Or contact support directly and ask to set PHP 7.0.

Nick84

Thank you both Victoria, Yaros. Followed the instructions and all seem to work as intended. Appreciate your help!

Gary Gerardo

Updated today like a breeze. Everything up and running. Took me just less than 5 minutes.. Just one question. It was mention on this thread there will be two versions for the IONCUBE plugin (php 5.6 and php 7). Downloaded from the update page just gave one version. No variation.

But anyway, no problem. My website is okay and intact. Nothing affected.

mushrukh

I Already have ion cube version and I tried to select the php 7.0 in the cpanel as there was an option of ioncube loader in it. but when I saved it the site was not working.. SO m I missing something? i am currently running the ioncube version on php 5.6

Yaros

Staff member
I Already have ion cube version and I tried to select the php 7.0 in the cpanel as there was an option of ioncube loader in it. but when I saved it the site was not working.. SO m I missing something? i am currently running the ioncube version on php 5.6
Те sure what is wrong on your end, ionCube plugin version should work fine with PHP 7.0.

dezz

See Post #44 above.
Hi

I refered to post #44, I see only one image which is the steps to click on edit in the plugin screen. I understand that I need to check the value within the quotes. But which quotes should I refer to ?

If there was a second image, I am not able to see it

Thanks