Tracking Setup Best Practices

avforbusiness

Hello,

as I'm setting up my first store using AliExpress I would like your advice on how to properly setup the tracking option.

I've read the available content on the guide page but I still have some questions.

1) Order Shipped notification is sent to the customer?

2) Estimated delivery time is set to the customer?

As I have e-mails with templates for my store I wonder if the messages are sent based on my models.

Also, the customer gets the complete info?

So the customer knows that was sent from a certain facility in China?

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me better understand this topic.

Have a great day

Alessandro

iDan

depends on your settings, but yea;
1) order shipped notification will be sent when tracking numbers are collected, and CAN be sent through the order page manually.
2) the official estimated delivery time from aliexpress? no, that isnt sent to the customer. but you can send it manually...-
and/or
add that to your email templates as a line that notify them of the X days shipping time. im sure that kind of 'line' can be customized even further with some plugins/ a bit of code, to specify the customer name and shipping time or product arrival date (like calculate x days from shipping day).

3) what mailing service are you using? most of them has a 'send testing email' feature, so check out how do the mails look.
4) the customer gets the info that your store is sending, he wont get anything directly from aliexpress and you can always edit the templates or send info manualy through the order page.

5) he probably will know that it comes from china/asia, since usually the packages has atleast few/some chinese letters on them. unless you custom pack it, and even then the customer info sticker might have some chinese letters in them.

Good luck :)

Mar

In woocommerce version, estimated time of delivery is included. Even tracking code, if you include it in the setting.

There are many indications and no matter what you do, customers will know that the product come from China.
As I have e-mails with templates for my store I wonder if the messages are sent based on my models.
Install the free plugin WP Mail Logging. You will know if emails are sent to the buyer and how it look like. The screenshot below is from this plugin.

1581401401537.png

avforbusiness

Hello and thank you for answering my question.

I'm using WooCommerce and all the integrated emails send by the system with a plugin that allow me to customize the look.

I could use Mailchimp too but I prefer to keep all under WooCommerce because of the customizations set in place.

So, to have the best customization for tracking, this setup is the correct one?

I ask because in the WooCommerce series there's already an email sent to the customer regarding shipping and as you can see is based on the alidropship setup.

Thank you so much and sorry for my delayed reply.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 10.14.39.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 10.17.32.png

avforbusiness

Thank you for your answer!

I see the field ships from in the image you've sent.

Is this a custom feature or added by default?

Have a great day!

In woocommerce version, estimated time of delivery is included. Even tracking code, if you include it in the setting.

There are many indications and no matter what you do, customers will know that the product come from China.
Install the free plugin WP Mail Logging. You will know if emails are sent to the buyer and how it look like. The screenshot below is from this plugin.

View attachment 11194

Mar

So, to have the best customization for tracking, this setup is the correct one?
You have to enable Order shipped notification, it is up to you if you want to attach tracking and estimated delivery time.
I ask because in the WooCommerce series there's already an email sent to the customer regarding shipping and as you can see is based on the alidropship setup.
The default Woocommerce email templates are good enough for me, as long as it work.

Direct Webstore

1) Order Shipped notification is sent to the customer?
Also, the customer gets the complete info?
help me better understand this topic.

I suggest you actually buy a cheap product from your store in order to see the whole operation from the customer's side. It will also allow you to test the payment gateways. I did this several times when I first started. (I imported a cheap 50c product for the tests).

I could use Mailchimp too but I prefer to keep all under WooCommerce because of the customizations set in place.
You can use customized templates in Mailchimp too (quite easily), but if you plan to use SMPT/Wordpress/Woo to process all your emails, most of them will end up in the customer's SPAM box. This is one of the main reasons people use email processors like Mailchimp. (Mailchimp will also handle your abandoned carts, followup emails and newsletters too.)

Time to change your strategy.

Last edited:

avforbusiness

Thanks!
That's what I will do, I'll buy to see the entire process!
Regarding the SPAM I've installed the SMTP plugin, so I hope to manage to avoid these issues.

I suggest you actually buy a cheap product from your store in order to see the whole operation from the customer's side. It will also allow you to test the payment gateways. I did this several times when I first started. (I imported a cheap 50c product for the tests).

You can use customized templates in Mailchimp too (quite easily), but if you plan to use SMPT/Wordpress/Woo to process all your emails, most of them will end up in the customer's SPAM box. This is one of the main reasons people use email processors like Mailchimp. (Mailchimp will also handle your abandoned carts, followup emails and newsletters too.)

Time to change your strategy.

catsgalore

View attachment 11194
Can you please tell me what is the exact plugin name? When I search for "WP Mail Logging" I get
WP Mail SMTP by WPForms
Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log
Easy WP SMTP
WP Mail SMTP Plugin – Mail Bank

Which one is it?

Direct Webstore