Success stolen by greed.

Stuart Gibson

A couple of months ago you may have remembered that I put a post in our drop shipping stories about my patience finally paying off, I had almost £1000 in 21 days of sales making me around £200 profit and another £100 in cash back.

At the time I could have kissed the customer for buying so much. Then a few weeks later reality set in about him.

I got a notification from stripe saying that the customer had disputed his first order of £297 saying he didn't order anything. I had to submit evidence to stripe for the customers bank to prove that there was an order paid and that the good were delivered.
The customers bank will make a decision on if they believe me or the customer. I have to wait till June 12th for a decision.

Then last night order number 2 was disputed this order is for £294 so I have to submit evidence again.

For the first order disputed stripe took the money out of my own bank so I'm a lot of money down, luckily I have a well paid job that it didn't put me into financial difficulty.

The second dispute will come from my bank also untill resolved. So currently I will be almost £600 short.

I sell android TV boxes, which have a fantastic resale value. If in the UK the customer could have sold all £900 worth of good for almost £2000. I honestly think he has sold them on and now thinks he is being smart by trying to claim his money back from his bank to make even more money.

After the first dispute I stopped credit cards being used by stripe and now only accept payments by PayPal.

This all comes at a time in my life where I have had serious health problems over the last few years and finally thought I was coming out of the dark place to move into a happier time of my life.

It has knocked my confidence massively, but it will not put me off making the most of my drop shipping stores and my own personal business that I run in my spare time also. If there is one thing I can recommend to all others here in this fantastic group is always be careful. If something looks to good to be true, contact your customer before making a purchase from aliexpress by email and ask them if it is a proper order. This will help if the payment is disputed by the customer in the future. Also once you make profit in your store, don't always spend the money. Keep a nest egg safe incase this happens to you also.

If anyone else has had issues like this please feel free to share your stories also, I want to learn more and more.

Don't let this put you off from making the most out of your stores. Let it serve as one of the lessons that people do not like to talk about.

Keep safe stay strength and work as hard as you can to make your life better

jubran

What a story. However, that's only one small part of it. Go on and build it bigger!

Also if someone buys too much, you probably should ask for his identification. That used to happen with me when I bough some CD-keys.

Stuart Gibson

What a story. However, that's only one small part of it. Go on and build it bigger!

Also if someone buys too much, you probably should ask for his identification. That used to happen with me when I bough some CD-keys.
I might see if I can limit to one item of each per transaction etc. Thank you

fansofmk

My fraud payment is not resolved yet
I have sent few proof of orders and sending product but not any reply after 1/2 month i think :/

Tablazines

I sell world wide. Though I'm thinking of just selling to tier one countries from now on

Yeah it's nice to get money from everywhere... but then you have things like THIS happen. I only sell in the US, though that's no guarantee that I won't be a victim of fraud...I just figured I'd rather start at home first.. and then expand when I'm in a better position to handle the fraud.

Stuart Gibson

Yeah it's nice to get money from everywhere... but then you have things like THIS happen. I only sell in the US, though that's no guarantee that I won't be a victim of fraud...I just figured I'd rather start at home first.. and then expand when I'm in a better position to handle the fraud.
I should have done this lol

Stuart Gibson

Here I will post a list of the information needed by stripe for evidence that you have provided your products to the customer.
Firstly is type of product:
Physical
Software
Etc.

• Product ordered. Eg, every product they ordered.
  • Customer Email address:
  • I.p of customer (can we integrate this to the plugin @Yaros )
  • Receipt: (I couldn't find the email of purchase sent to the customer)
  • Communication with customer: any and all emails or Facebook messages you have between yourself and the customer.
  • Shipping info:
  • Carrier Name:
  • Tracking numbers:
  • Proof or shipment: take screenshots of all info supplier sends you, I also took screenshots or tracking via 17track.
  • Date of shipment:
  • Shipping Address:
  • Additional info: any info you can give to help speed the process up, you can send info of your process of reviewing the order, to placing the order, order confirmation from aliexpress, shipment notifications,
  • Also stripe only allow you to upload images of less than 4mb, I recommend converting the images into a pdf file

Tablazines

Here I will post a list of the information needed by stripe for evidence that you have provided your products to the customer.
Firstly is type of product:
Physical
Software
Etc.

• Product ordered. Eg, every product they ordered.
  • Customer Email address:
  • I.p of customer (can we integrate this to the plugin @Yaros )
  • Receipt: (I couldn't find the email of purchase sent to the customer)
  • Communication with customer: any and all emails or Facebook messages you have between yourself and the customer.
  • Shipping info:
  • Carrier Name:
  • Tracking numbers:
  • Proof or shipment: take screenshots of all info supplier sends you, I also took screenshots or tracking via 17track.
  • Date of shipment:
  • Shipping Address:
  • Additional info: any info you can give to help speed the process up, you can send info of your process of reviewing the order, to placing the order, order confirmation from aliexpress, shipment notifications,
  • Also stripe only allow you to upload images of less than 4mb, I recommend converting the images into a pdf file

Good to know thanks for the info.