Stripe Error on Checkout Page

Mary H.

Hi,
I am a newbie and I need some help with Stripe payment method.
I'm using Alidropship Original Plugin and El Grecco Theme.

My website just got launched and when I tried to make a purchase on the website to test the Stripe Checkout. I tried to use a credit card from Brazil and I've got this error: "Your card is not supported for this currency", as you can see on the image below.
Some informations:

- The currency used on the website is US$
- The credit card used is international and it's working fine
- The Stripe account that is configured on Alidropship Plugin is from Brazil and yes, it's one of the supported countries by Stripe.

So I don't know what could be happening... Can anybody help me, please?

Attachments

• Erro Stripe.jpg
    Erro Stripe.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 8

chris37

Hi,
I am a newbie and I need some help with Stripe payment method.
I'm using Alidropship Original Plugin and El Grecco Theme.

My website just got launched and when I tried to make a purchase on the website to test the Stripe Checkout. I tried to use a credit card from Brazil and I've got this error: "Your card is not supported for this currency", as you can see on the image below.
Some informations:

- The currency used on the website is US$
- The credit card used is international and it's working fine
- The Stripe account that is configured on Alidropship Plugin is from Brazil and yes, it's one of the supported countries by Stripe.

So I don't know what could be happening... Can anybody help me, please?
Try other cart for you confirm is not stripe proplem for a start , also increase the price amount of the product to 2 dollar.

Mary H.

Hi Chris!
Yes... I've tried another card with a higher price (look at the image) and got the same error.

Attachments

• Erro Stripe 2.jpg
    Erro Stripe 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 3

Mary H.

Look what I tried to do:
- on Alidropship Plugin, I changed the currency option of the Stripe Configuration on "Payments" Menu to use Brazilian Currency (R$) (but it was just a test, I have to use US$)
- my website is set up to use US$, but changing that option, on my checkout page I see the values in R$
- the payment with my credit card is successfully accepted

But I don't understand why it's not working using US$... It's suppose to work because Stripe is supported here in Brazil...

chris37

BQvTzy.jpg

The brazil is the only county is have "preview" in the available countries of stripe , Probably is not fully support yet .
I can not be sure.

Mary H.

I'm using PayPal as well, but I'd like to use another gateway with more transparent checkout...

As I said, I have a Custom Store, and when I asked the project manager who was attending me about using Stripe on my website (that will be focusing on US market) even if I'm based in Brazil, she told me that was ok.

I'll try to check what exactly this "previa" means.. if I'll be able to use or not Stripe as a payment gateway...

chris37

I'm using PayPal as well, but I'd like to use another gateway with more transparent checkout...

As I said, I have a Custom Store, and when I asked the project manager who was attending me about using Stripe on my website (that will be focusing on US market) even if I'm based in Brazil, she told me that was ok.

I'll try to check what exactly this "previa" means.. if I'll be able to use or not Stripe as a payment gateway...
Yes is good if you have multiple payment gateways (your customer choose what he/she prefer)

Mary H.

Hi @chris37, I wrote to Stripe asking about this issue and they answered me saying that since December, 2019, the brazilian cards can only be charged in Brazilian currency (Real R$) on Brazilian Stripe accounts... That's my case.... :-(
So it's not an error... it's because Stripe regulamentation...
I'm replying in case someone else has this same problem...
But thank you for trying to help me!

chris37

Hi @chris37, I wrote to Stripe asking about this issue and they answered me saying that since December, 2019, the brazilian cards can only be charged in Brazilian currency (Real R$) on Brazilian Stripe accounts... That's my case.... :-(
So it's not an error... it's because Stripe regulamentation...
I'm replying in case someone else has this same problem...
But thank you for trying to help me!
Sorry to hear that.
So i think PayPal is the best choice for you.