Smart Paypal Buttons (Pay via Paypal and on-site Credit Card)

Mar

Don't see many thread about this Paypal function so if anyone's using this, some comments will be appreciated!
You need to add it in a woocommerce hooks so that it will be positioned to where you want it displayed. If you just add it in header.php, it will be displayed at the top of every page. That is in a woocommerce site, in the original plugin, it will be different.

daniel-97

You need to add it in a woocommerce hooks so that it will be positioned to where you want it displayed. If you just add it in header.php, it will be displayed at the top of every page.
Got it
That is in a woocommerce site, in the original plugin, it will be different.
No clue for me, I think this code needs to be put inside the theme for it to work properly

boofkeeping

hello new member here,

been trying to pay on my own site using the "Debit or Credit Card" button as shown above but it doesnt work!

Keep getting the error message "Something went wrong. We'll take you back to checkout so you can try again."

Can anyone kind assist please?

daniel-97

the_lyall

If you're in the UK/US and use WooCommerce you can add the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway payment gateway plugin (not the default PayPal one that ships with WooCommerce) and then these features are included as standard, just tick the boxes if you want to enable them on product pages etc.

If you're not in the UK/US I don't know if they'll work - the option always shows in the payment gateway settings but I haven't tried it with a non-UK account linked. Even though PayPal says the option isn't available, they might work if they're being inserted by the plugin.

Mar

If you're in the UK/US and use WooCommerce you can add the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway payment gateway plugin (not the default PayPal one that ships with WooCommerce) and then these features are included as standard, just tick the boxes if you want to enable them on product pages etc.
The Paypal Smart Button is available in Paypal tab Tools> All Tools>Paypal buttons>Smart Buttons. You can customize it and click the Copy Code button. I have tried it, I think it will work even in location not in the US or Canada. I am trying to place the buttons where I want. This time, for a test, it is in the footer of the site. 1599749456558.png1599749629450.png
1599751478060.png

If you're not in the UK/US I don't know if they'll work - the option always shows in the payment gateway settings but I haven't tried it with a non-UK account linked. Even though PayPal says the option isn't available, they might work if they're being inserted by the plugin.
I have tried the plugin Paypal for Woocommerce, think it will not work. When you click the button for credit card, the form is gray, (not active) and there is this notice:

1599750878226.png

the_lyall

The Paypal Smart Button is available in Paypal tab Tools> All Tools>Paypal buttons>Smart Buttons. You can customize it and click the Copy Code button. I have tried it, I think it will work even in location not in the US or Canada. I am trying to place the buttons where I want. This time, for a test, it is in the footer of the site. View attachment 12827View attachment 12828
View attachment 12830

I have tried the plugin Paypal for Woocommerce, think it will not work. When you click the button for credit card, the form is gray, (not active) and there is this notice:

View attachment 12829

I never had to do anything in my PayPal account for the buttons - it's all handled by the plugin but it has to be the exact one I mentioned - not PayPal for WooCommerce plugin, it has to be WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway plugin.

You can add them directly using the code as you say, and add that in the right place, but the plugin I use has it all built in you don't need to set them up in your PayPal account.

daniel-97

For Original Alidropship plugin, there’s a Payment option that we will choose either Classic (SOAP) or REST API. I’m using Classic method and only has the pay with Paypal button.

I can turn on the Smart Button with REST API, it appeared but only tested the Pay with paypal, haven’t tried the Credit card option. Maybe tomorrow when I have the time, I’ll try with the Sandbox and borrow my friend’s card to try it live.

According to Paypal themself, Smart Button is only for USUK accounts, this is the thing that bugs me... I need to know if there’s a loophole for this!

Mar

According to Paypal themself, Smart Button is only for USUK accounts, this is the thing that bugs me... I need to know if there’s a loophole for this!
I have tried the Smart Button using the plugin WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway and confirm it doesn't work if the location is not the U. S or Canada. You can try it yourself.

daniel-97

I have tried the Smart Button using the plugin WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway and confirm it doesn't work if the location is not the U. S or Canada. You can try it yourself.
You mean the customers outside US and Canada cannot pay with the Smart Button right?

Because I just had a call with Paypal, they said I can use the Smart Button to let customers pay with their Cards directly on checkout page if I can activate it.

Now the only question is about the customer's side, can they pay with that option if they're not from the US, UK or Canada?

Mar

I am not in the U.S. I have tried the plugin WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway and confirm the Smart Button don't work. When you enter a card number and proceed, the form disappear and back to the product page, nothing happen.

Mar

Because I just had a call with Paypal, they said I can use the Smart Button to let customers pay with their Cards directly on checkout page if I can activate it.
The Smart Button was activated in my site although I am not in the US. But non-U.S or Canada buyers paying in the Smart buttons is another thing. It is not possible. You should have included the question about buyers outside the U.S. in your call.
You mean the customers outside US and Canada cannot pay with the Smart Button right?
I am not in the U.S or Canada. Again, I successfully installed and activated Smart Button in my site. I tried it as a customer. I set a product price to price $0.01 and used my card to buy it with the Smart Button, nothing happened, no response at all. I use the same method in the Standard Paypal credit card option a number of times with different products, the orders were successful.

daniel-97

The Smart Button was activated in my site although I am not in the US. But non-U.S or Canada buyers paying in the Smart buttons is another thing. It is not possible. You should have included the question about buyers outside the U.S. in your call.
I just realized that now, what a waste of a call...
I am not in the U.S or Canada. Again, I successfully installed and activated Smart Button in my site. I tried it as a customer. I set a product price to price $0.01 and used my card to buy it with the Smart Button, nothing happened, no response at all. I use the same method in the Standard Paypal credit card option a number of times with different products, the orders were successful.
I'm trying it with my debit card now

daniel-97

Update: I successfully paid with my Vietnamese debit card with the Smart Button...

The option I chose is integrated with REST API, maybe with the "WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway" plugin, it uses a different method?

Mar

I just realized that now, what a waste of a call...

I'm trying it with my debit card now
Try it. But for me this Smart Button after my test and the statement of Paypal itself, it is closed. I would not take the risk of buyers trying to order and not able to pay with Smart Button because it is not supported. The Standard Paypal is very good, notification emails sent to the buyer including receipt.

daniel-97

Try it. But for me this Smart Button after my test and the statement of Paypal itself, it is closed. I would not take the risk of buyers trying to order and not able to pay with Smart Button because it is not supported. The Standard Paypal is very good, notification emails sent to the buyer including receipt.
It's pretty good too. But in Original Version, there's a separate section to automatically send emails to customers when they purchased, so we don't use Paypal's receipt

the_lyall

Blast, that's a shame. I won't try it myself I believe you.