SEO Image Optimizer (BETA) - Improve website speed and SEO ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Direct Webstore

I had already rolled my test site back to a backup I made just before installing ADS Image Optimzer. I just reinstalled the ADS Image Optimizer and now the reported number of plugins to be updated is correct.

It's now reporting an incorrect number of plugins that need to be updated again. Only 1 plugin needs to be updated but the side panel notification says "2" and Dashboard>Updates says "3"

@Yaros , I will PM admin login details for you.

kevgl

I hope the beta test will be a blast. I am also in need of a feature like this.
I like the idea, thanks for developing, Yaros and team.

Direct Webstore

It didn't update to the latest 0.9.2 available in the Addons section of Alidropship.com Is it just manual updating at the moment?

I like the watermark feature. Was that there before? I didn't notice it.

The incorrect plugin number to be updated error seems to be gone.

Looking good!

:)

Yaros

Staff member
It didn't update to the latest 0.9.2 available in the Addons section of Alidropship.com Is it just manual updating at the moment?

I like the watermark feature. Was that there before? I didn't notice it.

The incorrect plugin number to be updated error seems to be gone.

Looking good!

Will check the issue with auto-update.

Watermark is a new feature.

Direct Webstore

Any chance there can be an option added to convert images to WebP?
Someone asked that on page 4. No reply to that one either. Probably not going to happen.

Just as well for Woo users. The extra strain on the site's CPU wouldn't be worth the few less milliseconds saved in page load speed.

Actually, I wonder which image would be smaller, an optimized jpg, an optimized jpg converted to WebP or an unoptimized jpg converted to WebP ? I don't think there'd be much difference ... maybe.

I will install Google's Optimus plugin, experiment with some images and find out. https://optimus.io/en/

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I will install Google's Optimus plugin, experiment with some images and find out. https://optimus.io/en/
Just finished my experiments ...

1. Disabled the ADS Image Optimizer.
2. Imported a new product
3. Downloaded and saved a test image from the product. (One less than 1.00MB because of Google Optimus free version limitations)
4. Activated and optimized the image with ADS Image Optimizer - RESULT A
5. Deactivated the ADS Image Optimizer, Activated the Google Optimus, converted the already compressed jpg. RESULT B (No change)
6. Replaced the compressed/converted WebP image with the saved original uncompressed jpg and converted it to WebP.
RESULT C (Slightly bigger than ADS compressed jpg.)

RESULT A: ADS Image Optimizer compressing jpeg image
Original size: 0.04Mb
Minized size: 0.02Mb

RESULT B: Google Optimus compressing/converting already compressed jpg to WebP
Minized size: 0.02Mb
Converted to WebP: 0.2Mb (No change)

RESULT C: Google Optimus converting uncompressed, fresh jpg to WebP
Converted size: 0.03Mb (A bit bigger than an ADS optimized/compressed jpg)

Conclusion

The ADS Image Optimizer compressed jpg is actually a bit smaller than the jpg converted to WebP.
And no change when converting the already compressed image to WebP.

It seems it's only worthwhile converting jpgs to WebP if the jpgs are not being compressed by another plugin.

But it really seems like two choices ...

1. Compress jpgs with a good image optimizer plugin. (Like the ADS Image Optimizer)
or
2. Convert jpgs to WebP.

The results are more or less the same, and it seems doing both is a waste of time.

I know this only involved 1 image, but the results are good enough for me to consider converting already compressed jpg images to WebP not really worth the effort as the compressed jpg is smaller than one converted to WebP. And at best, they'd probably be more or less the same.

So the "winner" in this test was the ADS Image Optimizer. But I'd like to see results from any others who want to test it out ... for a bit of balance.

You can get the Google Optimus WebP converter plugin for free here ... https://optimus.io/en/ I wouldn't suggest using this instead of the ADS Image Optimizer as it does not change image titles or ALT titles. It just converts images to WebP. That's all. I just used it to see the difference between "Optimized/Compressed" images and "Converted" images.
(The free version is limited to converting images of 100 Kb / 1.00 Mb and under)

;)

Last edited:

FHC

Someone asked that on page 4. No reply to that one either. Probably not going to happen.

Just as well for Woo users. The extra strain on the site's CPU wouldn't be worth the few fewer milliseconds saved in page load speed.

Actually, I wonder which image would be smaller, an optimized jpg, an optimized jpg converted to WebP or an unoptimized jpg converted to WebP? I don't think there'd be much difference ... maybe.

Direct Webstore said:
I personally wouldn't bother. The small decrease in page load speed (milliseconds) wouldn't be worth the extra load on the site's CPU to process the images. Woocommerce has enough problems with that already. But that's just my opinion.

Good opinion, worth considering. Thanks

Direct Webstore

"Minimizer compresses your images by up to 40-70% without quality loss" ... Unfortunately that is not true.
Making that statement based on one person's experience and totally ignoring dozens of others is not very accurate or logical.

How is it possible that my images are of extremely poor quality after using this plugin?
Maybe they were of poor quality to start with.

Or they have been optimized with another plugin already. Have they been?

You haven't provided enough info to make any logical reply.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I cant remember if i used another image plugin

Seeing as you can't remember an important and relevant detail like that ... a detail that would have a negative impact on the quality of the image and that it has been mentioned here that it does have a negative impact ... and that you failed to read that ... and that you can't even use the reply function correctly or even use the edit function to fix that reply ... I for one am going to ignore your "evaluation" of the plugin and consider you an unreliable source of opinion. LOL

;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.