SEO Image Optimizer (BETA) - Improve website speed and SEO ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDan

so far im not getting any good results when it comes to minimizing images and speed test. but the alt and titles renames works great.

tried to delete Smush (after restoring back up), trying delete Ads Optimizer after restoring backup. this aspect isnt working on my side.

Jasin555

Working great on my end. My Images are not on my server except featured images and variation images, so the compression is minor as I had used Smush Pro before. But it did a great job changing alt tags, and renames.

Yaros

Staff member
@Yaros, what is the recommended template for the alt images, because when I select the variation options, it also includes CHINA|USA in the alt text.

Unfortunately CHINA-US are attributes, so we can't avoid them. We usually use [Title][Variation_option1] template.

chromakey

If all these people don't have the ability to read and follow these simple instructions that were made bold, underlined and highlighted in a different colour to make them notice it ...

Then how on Earth would they have the ability to "test" this plugin? Amazing!

My bad. I didn't read between the lines and see the part that said 'after you have downloaded the plugin and sent a PM for a license, please DO NOT post your interest in this thread.'

shonny

The Alt Optimizer and Title Renamer works fine when uploading new images. The minimizer does not seems to help much, if you already have another image optimizing plugin. I have ShortPixel Image Optimizer plugin and results are pretty much the same. The other problem is incase your optimizing process is interrupted, you have to start again, there should be a way to pause and resume the process.

Last edited:

Mar

The other problem is incase your optimizing process is interrupted, you have to start again, there should be a way to pause and resume the process.
At my end, if the optimizing process is interrupted, it will start where it stopped.

Direct Webstore

The Alt Optimizer and Title Renamer works fine when uploading new images. The minimizer does not seems to help much, if you already have another image optimizing plugin. I have ShortPixel Image Optimizer plugin and results are pretty much the same.
As already mentioned, it has either no effect or bad effects on already optimized images and it's also already been mentioned that it's pointless to have two image optimizers running. Actually, it's common sense not to have ANY multiple plugins doing the same job.

shonny

The Alt Optimizer and Title Renamer works fine when uploading new images. The minimizer does not seems to help much, if you already have another image optimizing plugin. I have ShortPixel Image Optimizer plugin and results are pretty much the same. The other problem is incase your optimizing process is interrupted, you have to start again, there should be a way to pause and resume the process.
At my end, if the optimizing process is interrupted, it will start where it stopped.
Yes. I have just realized. It just optimize the ones which have not been optimized.

shonny

As already mentioned, it has either no effect or bad effects on already optimized images and it's also already been mentioned that it's pointless to have two image optimizers running. Actually, it's common sense not to have ANY multiple plugins doing the same job.
Yap. All works the same way.

Mar

I have deactivated the addon. Only the Title Renamer is good at my end. I re-installed the EWWW Image Optimizer and run the Bulk Optimize again. The addon created a lot of data base errors in cPanel error logs. When I deactivated the addon, the errors were gone. The loading speed in GT Metrics actually slow down. That's my observation, part of the beta test.

iDan

I have deactivated the addon. Only the Title Renamer is good at my end. I re-installed the EWWW Image Optimizer and run the Bulk Optimize again. The addon created a lot of data base errors in cPanel error logs. When I deactivated the addon, the errors were gone. The loading speed in GT Metrics actually slow down. That's my observation, part of the beta test.

same at my end.
how is EWWW? does it work for you?

Direct Webstore

I think, like has been said, having already optimized images may cause problems. I think this plugin should be tested on a completely fresh site. I haven't had any problems. Don't know why. Must be luck maybe. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

Direct Webstore

EWWW is doing good. I have been using this plugin for a long time. I removed it when I installed the addon.
There are image renamer plugins, but I'm not really convinced of the value of them. Not many people do image searches when looking for things to buy. Most people do text searches only.

Reactions: Mar

Direct Webstore

The addon created a lot of data base errors in cPanel error logs.
I haven't had any problems.
I take that back. It's not what I'd call a "big problem" but the number of plugins being reported that needed updating was incorrect. 3 plugins had to be updated (on all my sites) but the one site with the ALDS Image Optimizer was saying 4 needed to be updated. But in the actual list of plugins, it was only 3. So some kind of interference is going on.

When I deactivated the ALDS Image Optimizer, the plugin update count error disappeared. Strange.

Mar

When I deactivated the ALDS Image Optimizer, the plugin update count error disappeared. Strange.
I noticed it also. Every time there is at least two plugins to update. But actually there is none. When I deactivated the addon, the false update notice was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.