Send automatic email when customer gets order

Andre M

Hi, i like to suggest something like when the customer gets the order , will send an automatic email to share photos on social media or follow us.
like abandoned cart send an email , but for this will be when the change to complete status .

Tanks

iDan

you can do such thing with mailchimp (and probably any other wp mailing service), check it out.

Direct Webstore

when the customer gets the order
When you get the order. ;)

There are plugins available for this already like the one I use, Woocommerce Followups. (Handles Abandoned Carts as well) You can automatically send any email you like at anytime after an order has been placed.

Also, Beeketing plugins have free solutions for this too. (Only suitable for Woo)

You did not mention what plugin you are using, but if you're thinking of building this into the Original plugin, forget it. It should not have too much bloat. This is really the job for an add-on or plugin.

Maybe you could ask for an "Enhanced Abandoned Cart" add-on for the Original plugin so that it's similar to the Woocommerce Followups plugin.

Last edited:

Andre M

When you get the order. ;)

There are plugins available for this already like the one I use, Woocommerce Followups. (Handles Abandoned Carts as well) You can automatically send any email you like at anytime after an order has been placed.

Also, Beeketing plugins have free solutions for this too. (Only suitable for Woo)

You did not mention what plugin you are using, but if you're thinking of building this into the Original plugin, forget it. It should not have too much bloat. This is really the job for an add-on or plugin.

Maybe you could ask for an "Enhanced Abandoned Cart" add-on for the Original plugin so that it's similar to the Woocommerce Followups plugin.
Hi, I use the original one. Like something when the customer got the order to send an automatic email. For example share in social media etc...

Direct Webstore

Like something when the customer got the order to send an automatic email. For example share in social media etc...
I understand that already. A follow-up email function/plugin like I mentioned above.

They may just make one eventually as they are churning out all sorts of "add-ons" lately.

But I asked for a Newsletter add-on over a year ago and still no sign of it ... so don't hold your breath waiting for your request. lol :)
But keep an eye on the Beta Testing section anyway.

Last edited:

Andre M

I understand that already. A follow-up email function/plugin like I mentioned above.

They may just make one eventually as they are churning out all sorts of "add-ons" lately.

But I asked for a Newsletter add-on over a year ago and still no sign of it ... so don't hold your breath waiting for your request. lol :)
But keep an eye on the Beta Testing section anyway.
yeh you are right , lol :)

Direct Webstore

Actually, a newsletter function is covered by email service companies like Mail Chimp as well as "Follow up email" functions like mentioned by @iDan above. Alidropship and many others use those services so that's why they are not bothering about a newsletter add-on, and I'm guessing they won't bother with the suggestion in this thread either.

... send an automatic email to share photos on social media or follow us.
Like @iDan said ... Use your email service to do this. Write to them and ask them how.