Product Image Management - Alidropship for Woocommerce

Alidropship for Woocommerce Product Image Management

The issue:

Images for products come in two parts. The first part is the image that are in the gallery display on Aliexpress, those get automatically localized for the Woocommerce gallery. They will be in your Media Library after the product has been added to the Import List.

The second part, which usually has better or non-watermarked images are brought into Woo as links to alicdn network. So they are really just links to images hosted elsewhere. One issue with this, is google image search will link to aliexpress and not your site. Another issue this does not look very good from googles point of view for a lot of sites to hosting the exact same image for drop shipping, googlie getz thinking spammish a little. It is better to localize and rename your product images.

Here is how to manage and localize your product images. It is pretty simple to setup and use.

First step, get and install this plugin: Auto Upload Images

https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-upload-images/ no association, just found it to work well for my scenario.

Setup:

Put in your full site name, like https://example.com

In image name, this is the part where the setup for future product work becomes much easier.

In the image name field, use ‘%post_id%-%timestamp%’ - you can of course name it anything you want to, but it is good to leave the post_id for the first part, so we can easily go to the media library and search for all images under that post.

alt field and image size are up to you.

We exclude all post types except product and product variation. But again set as you need.

Now, when you first install the plugin, all image imports after that will be renamed and localized. This includes the images in the gallery. Images in the gallery are added to the media library when the product is put into the import list.

The images that are in the description are only localized after you save the product post as a draft for the first time. So it takes a moment if you have many for them to be localized.

We recommend this general workflow.

Find product in Aliexpress

Import product to your website, product is now in ‘Import List’
( you can also use the edit feature in the browser on import to pre-edit your product import)

Go to import list, find your product and edit it. Change your descriptions, remove images etc.

Then save it as a ‘Draft’

All image are now localized. From this point forward, it is now all automated.

After save as draft, further refine your post and finish editing images, add images to gallery, set new featured product image etc.

For instance, if you click the featured image in your edit post, you are in the media library.

in the search field, type in the post number, which you can see in the url of your browser something like ‘post=44585’, just search for the number part '44585' and all the images for that post will show in the media library. No more scrolling looking for images.

Remember, only images for posts after installation of the plugin will be affected. But it will localize all images if they are not localized each time you save that post. Very handy.

Let me know if you find this useful :D
~451

anonymous1971

Thanks. This part "Remember, only images for posts after installation of the plugin will be affected. But it will localize all images if they are not localized each time you save that post. Very handy."

This means i still need to manually edit the 200 errors i got.....is 200 hours work :-( :-(

This means i still need to manually edit the 200 errors i got.....is 200 hours work :-( :-(
Not sure I know what you mean? Errors from what? Any image that is using an image with link outside your site, will be localized (image brought into media library and link changes in post) when you save it. There is always a way to batch fix stuff... usually ;)

anonymous1971

I stil have 160 errors.....you say your image upload plugin does not fix them....so i still need to manually fix them

blocked sources.PNG

Xteecool

I bought this plugin yesterday but it won't work on site. I tried The woo plugin but it crashes with woocommerce

Xteecool

Error i get

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'models\seo\Meta' not found in /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-content/plugins/alids/core/seositemap.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-content/plugins/alids/alids.php(79): require() #1 /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1897): include('/home2/deeclems...') #2 /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-admin/plugins.php(172): plugin_sandbox_scrape('alids/alids.php') #3 {main} thrown in /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-content/plugins/alids/core/seositemap.phpon line 0

Christina

Administrator
Error i get

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'models\seo\Meta' not found in /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-content/plugins/alids/core/seositemap.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-content/plugins/alids/alids.php(79): require() #1 /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1897): include('/home2/deeclems...') #2 /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-admin/plugins.php(172): plugin_sandbox_scrape('alids/alids.php') #3 {main} thrown in /home2/deeclems/public_html/megastores.com.ng/wp-content/plugins/alids/core/seositemap.phpon line 0

Hello,

Could you please send in a PM your domain name and WP access details to check the issue?

Direct Webstore

Arnaldo

Normally we have the option to also upload image from alicdn with Alidropship chrome addon.

After doing this I always batch rename all imported image with the name of the product page.

Then I batch compress image with the option to remove exif, change date etc.. so images are ripped from anything linking to ali.

The usefulness of this will be for imported reviews.

Yes, for seo purpose it’s better not to link to alicdn.

altin

After importing products I see all images of product in Media Library. I want to download these images in my computer. I am trying to do this using FTP, but when I go to web-content/uploads I don't find images that I see from WordPress panel : Media Library. Could any one help, at what folder should I check for product images?

Direct Webstore

when I go to web-content/uploads I don't find images that I see from WordPress panel : Media Library.

Even images hosted on Aliexpress are displayed in Media Library. Check it.
And if you want ALL the images stored on your server ... read the docs and check the settings.

altin

just to be sure: are all images that are displayed in Media Library stored in my server? I read some articles that say that media library images are stored at web-content/uploads in my server, but there are find only images that I have uploaded, not product images imported from aliexpress.