Paypal - personal vs business account?

Moha

Hi,

Need support from seniors here.

I have a PayPal personal account which is linked to my ebay store.

Can I use that account in my site? If yes, how do I show website name instead of my email in checkout?

maxyy89

Hi! You need to have business acc to be able to generate API keys that are required to collect payments, issue a refund and to be able to change a name of your store on a statement that your customers will see.

Moha

Hi! You need to have business acc to be able to generate API keys that are required to collect payments, issue a refund and to be able to change a name of your store on a statement that your customers will see.

Thanks for the response.

I can upgrade to business account. However, if I have multiple websites, should I create paypal account for each store?

I am planning to create 2 stores.

maxyy89

No, you just need one paypal acc for stores, just put some random name for that bussines paypal, something like Stores4You or GlobalMerch. Something like that if you understand what I mean.:)

Moha

No, you just need one paypal acc for stores, just put some random name for that bussines paypal, something like Stores4You or GlobalMerch. Something like that if you understand what I mean.:)

Great.. upgraded my PayPal account. Looks like all set for integration with store. Thanks.

Renee Hall

What store does the customer return to after the payment is completed on PayPal?

Renee Hall

If you have two separate website stores utilizing a single PayPal set of credentials, which store does the customer return to after payment processing on either store? Is there ever a conflict?

The Dropper

You can generate API Keys & collect payments using your personal or premier account, but if you want your store name to be displayed in invoices instead of your personal name, address & email then you need a business account, that's more professional.

zerotwo

Are these options, actual for the current version as well, anyone knows? Because it's either not working for me, or I am doing something wrong because of these changes. Anyway, I can't get the same result as it's shown in the pictures from above. I will try another method, because this is not the only way. With the help of insolvency practitioners, I managed to create an autonomous system of payments for my business, which is doing a big part of the work, that was done by me back in the days, and now I am free from this task.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the future has already arrived. Now you can use a service that will forecast cash and a full report of the company's cash income and expenses. Also, this service can tell you about the health of your business and the future growth of the company. I work as a senior accountant and our company has been using this service for several years. Our bosses trust this service and our team loves it because it makes work easier. If you're interested, here it is: https://www.calxa.com/cash-flow-forecasting I hope your business is successful!

Last edited: