New store + good strategy

Yaros

Staff member
I want to show you one of my recently launched stores as an example and share some ideas and experience with you.

What niche did I choose?

Initially I had an idea to launch a jewelry store offering different cool but cheap stuff from AliExpress. Then I analysed my current stores in various niches and my best selling products. This research helped me to come to a conclusion that there is no point to search for new items but it’s better to focus on proven products. So, I decided to combine my best sellers in one site (and of course add some new pieces). As a result, I got http://superblings.com/.

I expect you will have questions regarding copyright issues since this store has many branded items. I tried to avoid any brand name in the domain and not to devote the whole site idea to any specific brand (like Harry Potter), but decided to include branded products. Stripe approved my store.

What is my profit?

I started working on this site one month ago, so I have not got any outstanding results so far. However, the store has already generated 22 sales and brought around $250 in net profit. I consider it as a good result for such a fresh site and see a potential here.

How do I promote?

I am using two main methods for this store – Instagram shoutouts and Instagram ads.

1. Instagram shoutouts

We have already described Instagram shoutouts strategy in details on our blog. I just want to focus your attention on the link we use on shoutouts now to send potential clients to our stores.

Before we used the link that sent users directly to a product page. Then we found out that it is better to combine several items in one shoutout and set the link to a product category page. Now we see better conversions when we add a link to search results page on our stores.

Here is an example:

BnNeloU.png

82261f31-af16-4211-97ff-c63994c55fe8

Text:
Best Game Of Thrones Theme Items from @superblings
Click LINK IN MY PROFILE to get it!
FREE SHIPPING worldwide
Money back guarantee ✅

And here is a link: http://superblings.com/?s=game+of+thrones+
1Q08uZ0.jpg

2. Instagram Ads

Another great strategy that we discovered recently is official advertising on Instagram. Low cost and good ROI so far.

To start running such ads first you need to switch your store Instagram account to a business one. Here is the instruction:

1. Go to settings
xUon009.png

and switch to business account.
PNzKk73.png

Having a business account will give you access to different analytical tools. You can learn about your most popular posts, users activity, demography, etc. You will receive first stats after a week approximately.

2. Log in your Facebook profile and connect your Facebook page.

HGuXmBT.png

Add your contact details and you are done. Your business account is created.

Now it's time for promotion.

Select one of your already published posts and click Promote.

ZIXH2FX.png

Then you need to setup your campaign and select your audience.
I0vJUZU.png

osPuInd.png

After it's done, Instagram will calculate advertising costs and period for running your promo. You can accept these conditions or can make changes. You will need to add your credit card to pay for every click. Your advertising campaign will launched after moderation.

If you decide to try this method, I strongly recommend that you review advertising Policies first. I know about situations when people got their commercial accounts suspended after moderation of their ads.

gSHpuDw.png

Leave your comments and ask questions if you need more details!

sozoalvin

yaros, how did you manage to get so many products into the webstore at such a short time?

did you outsource your work out?

Milos

Yaros, this is the way to go!!

only 1 question regarding "...We have already described Instagram shoutouts strategy in details on our blog. I just want to focus your attention on the link we use on shoutouts now to send potential clients to our stores.

Before we used the link that sent users directly to a product page. Then we found out that it is better to combine several items in one shoutout and set the link to a product category page. Now we see better conversions when we add a link to search results page on our stores...."

Your link http://superblings.com/?s=game+of+thrones+ -> did you place it in your Instagram profile or someplace else...? Or perhaps you have many Instagram profiles, 1 for each query as Instagram does not allow posting in comments ?

Pls reply. Thx

Milos

Last edited:

Milos

I'm not sure I follow you...hyperlinks are not allowed anywhere on Instagram except in a profile...is it possible to show an example ? Thx

Yaros

Staff member
I'm not sure I follow you...hyperlinks are not allowed anywhere on Instagram except in a profile...is it possible to show an example ? Thx
that's the reason why we need to place link in the profile of account owner.

johnny

I'm really excited with IG shoutout, I have the cool sunglass but I tried to find the best IG profile to start my very fist shoutout but still cannot find.

Do you have any idea about promote sunglass on IG? Which keyword do you think is the best with sunglass @Yaros? Thank you

By the way, your strategry really impressed. :)

Yaros

Staff member
I'm really excited with IG shoutout, I have the cool sunglass but I tried to find the best IG profile to start my very fist shoutout but still cannot find.

Do you have any idea about promote sunglass on IG? Which keyword do you think is the best with sunglass @Yaros? Thank you

If you can't find good groups in Instagram for shoutouts, then try Instagram ads. As for keywords, I have never tried this niche. Do a research with Google tools.

Nick84

@Yaros,

Thanks very much for sharing your Instagram strategies. I think it's beneficial for everyone here, appreciate it.
Can you please comment a bit on fb and fb ads? In most of your ad strategies I have seen, you rarely touch on fb and it's mainly IG.
Is there any particular reason for that? Are you also trying fb ads and if yes how would you compare both (IG vs fb).
Which gives you better ROI?
Thanks!

Yaros

Staff member
@Yaros,

Thanks very much for sharing your Instagram strategies. I think it's beneficial for everyone here, appreciate it.
Can you please comment a bit on fb and fb ads? In most of your ad strategies I have seen, you rarely touch on fb and it's mainly IG.
Is there any particular reason for that? Are you also trying fb ads and if yes how would you compare both (IG vs fb).
Which gives you better ROI?
Thanks!
The reason is simple - I launched FB ads several times but could not get a good ROI.

Tablazines

I made about $200 in the first month of my launch strictly off selling sunglasses. In this instance, Pinterest was the driver of traffic and it cost me nothing.

Yaros

Staff member
@Yaros ,

Are you simply direct link or use any pre-sale / blog page before product or product category page?
Before we used the link that sent users directly to a product page. Then we found out that it is better to combine several items in one shoutout and set the link to a product category page. Now we see better conversions when we add a link to search results page on our stores.

Yaros

Staff member
Hi Yaros , where can i find the results for my instagram ad>? Like how many clicks,views etc >?
Having a business account will give you access to different analytical tools. You can learn about your most popular posts, users activity, demography, etc. You will receive first stats after a week approximately.
73UM2JZ.png

raytsang

Hi Yaros and others,

A few questions regarding setting a successful store please. (I intend to use Woo version)

1. Do you always edit or rewrite the product title and details when importing the copy from Aliexpress?
2. I know we can set the selling price from your plugin, but are we able to set the full price from your plugin automatically so that we can always show the discount% between RRP and sale price?
3. Anyone has the experience of using ChinaDivision to handle multiple suppliers into one order for dispatch?

Thanks a lot,
Raymond

Peve

Tq for great sharing.. My i know this web build with woo plugin or the full web provide by alidropship