My First General Store

ZAPPY

I put this in 2 Day ago. I have lot of abandoned cart.Today 2 sales cancelled
And that's probably why:(

Look at stats prior to installing and can def narrow it down to being reason for abandoned carts, if increased in abandonment started 2 days ago that is.

Unsure why sales cancelled though.

Last edited:

Andre M

And that's probably why:(

Look at stats prior to installing and can def narrow it down to being reason for abandoned carts, if increased in abandonment started 2 days ago that is,

Unsure why sales cancelled though.
OK tks

xrs

Cancelled sales in my case are ones bounced by Stripe as being fraud so the plugin thinks they're abandoned ... I wouldnt send a follow up to these guys they are credit card scammers

xrs

did you use premier ? be careful about the word uber .... its copyrighted. i got away and closed my last store that had the word justiceleague in it due to warning...

xrs

is aliexperss a general word ? nope ... same with uber ... but up to you ... you might be the one to break the mould lol

JasonP

uber is a general word

In theory, if you are operating in very different industries this does not have to be a problem (e.g. Delta Airlines vs Delta faucets), but famous trademarks like Uber would consider themselves at this point can make dilution arguments. For example, I don't know what you intend to sell, if you call it the "McWhatever" you can expect to hear from McDonalds. In this case, you really need to have a proper clearance done and get some advice. The term Uber is probably used a lot and would, therefore, offer you some wiggle room, but on the other side, it might not be worth it.

Frank A. Natoli
Natoli-Legal, LLC
More and fuller answers from legal experts here:
https://bit.ly/2JViH6Q

xrs

In theory, if you are operating in very different industries this does not have to be a problem (e.g. Delta Airlines vs Delta faucets), but famous trademarks like Uber would consider themselves at this point can make dilution arguments. For example, I don't know what you intend to sell, if you call it the "McWhatever" you can expect to hear from McDonalds. In this case, you really need to have a proper clearance done and get some advice. The term Uber is probably used a lot and would, therefore, offer you some wiggle room, but on the other side, it might not be worth it.

Frank A. Natoli
Natoli-Legal, LLC
More and fuller answers from legal experts here:
https://bit.ly/2JViH6Q
Completely agree and thanks for this. Im talking from experience. Another example - a shop and book named zari... which Zara got its lawyers onto just because it was too close to its name. Uber is too obvious to name a new venture. Especially when it is at its peak of a world sensation at the moment. It's hard but change how you think - better now than later. Alidropship is keeping quiet but ... themselves were for years assuming they could be above the law for calling its badly designed store - worldofharry ... which attracted a letter from Universal. So just looking out for other members here really .... thx