Most important missing features with Aliplugin

I Style My Way

The following features are the most important but missed features in Aliplugin:

1. Category based price conditions (since market does not respond to all category of products the same way) - super important
2. User account and purchase history - important
3. Coupon / discount codes (works for both promotion and store credit) - very important
4. Product re-import - required
5. Migration from Aliplugin to Woocommerce and vice versa (or interoperability) - good to have
6. Test site license parallel to the main site. This could be either a standard subdomain (like http://test.myshop.com) or a subdirectory installation under the main site directory (like http://myshop.com/test) - important

Ravi.

Yaros

Staff member
1. Rather difficult to implement when you deal with importing module, where you need to track and update supplier prices and apply your markup formula. However it is possible, we will consider this option.
2. User accounts with order history are available.
3. Discount codes are available. How does store credit work?
4. Product re-import?
5. There is no possibility for it.
6. You can obtain an additional free license for sub-domain: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/how-to-become-a-beta-tester.824/

I Style My Way

That was quick. Thanks Yaros. Please see my replies below:

1. Thank you. I was thinking adding another 'where' clause for item's category in the price update script should work. No?

2. I guess you are referring to the Customer order history as Admin. I was referring to order history as the buyer, the way you see your history in Amazon. Is it available? I couldn't find it in the knowledge base. Could you please help as to how I set this up?

3. Just saw discount codes option. I'll try that out. Store credit works this way: If my Customer wants his money refunded, instead of giving the money as cash, I will give a credit to his account in my site. He can use that credit against future purchases. Application is similar to discount codes but unlike discount/coupon codes, store credit doesn't expire (since the Customer has paid for it). That way, I can control charge backs or refunding cash while ensuring a future sale to retain the Customer else the Customer may never return after refund. Also when I give store credit, my loss is only up to the cost of the product (since I don't return the money) which is actually adjusted against my profit on my future sale (which I know will come, for sure) but in case of refund, that is not guaranteed.

4. Currently, if the product import has some issue and the details are incomplete (I got a bunch of products where I only got the title but the details and pictures are missing) we cannot import them again. The import module says that the product has already been imported (even if the product is in trash). The only option available now is to copy the URL and the delete the product entirely (even from trash) and then re-import from AliExpress. This is very cumbersome and still sketchy that doesn't work all the time wasting lot of time. A re-import option will help here which can refresh all the details for the existing product in our system. This button can be put in the product Edit screen.

5. This is not possible as of now but will be possible if AliPlugin table structure is aligned to Woocommerce table structure. Even better if they both share the same table but there'll be operational issues and inconsistencies in that case. Having interoperability will also cut your support/maintenance effort by half. You could give a thought.

6. Thank you again. Will try that option.

Ravi.

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
1. It should work other way.

2. When a customer registers account he can see his orders there.

4. why not to use a product duplicate option for it?

5. The way the original plugin works differs much from Woocommerce structure, we even use absolutely different databases.

I Style My Way

>> 4. why not to use a product duplicate option for it?

I don't want to duplicate the product, just update the missing details as it did not download properly. Do you say I duplicate and after downloading all the details, delete the original (incomplete) product? I thought duplicating will copy the existing (incomplete) product as it is instead of downloading afresh.

Ravi.

Yaros

Staff member
I have checked and was able to delete and re-import product. Have you removed the item from trash?

I Style My Way

That's right but that was the problem I have explained. It is a cumbersome way of doing it for each item. Don't know why, I have about 60 items that didn't import correctly. I lose track of the items once I remove them from trash. So I now do it one by one, copying the link, deleting and importing.

Ravi.

I Style My Way

BTW, when I thought about it, the easiest way to migrate from one plugin to another is via product reimport. For example, the products added through Aliplugin can be moved to import list. This can then be reimported from wooplugin if we had the option to reimport as it accesses the import list and reimport will fill the appropriate details in the woo tables (and vice versa).