[METHOD] STRIPE Payment Gateway

Nick84

it's no big deal when you have customers, if someone disputes the transaction or ask you for a refund you simply do it through stripe, and they can't charge your Payoneer bank account because Payoneer doesn't allow it so Stripe will charge it with next transaction, and if it's not enough they will cover it through next transactions...
Very much appreciate your response kristijan95! Have you had a similar case in the past? Is there any specific way you'd normally process this kind of transactions in Stripe? Do you just click on the refund option next to the original payment? What happens when Stripe tries to charge your Payoneer account for the refund and the transaction ends up unsuccessful? Isn't that some sort of an alarm to Stripe to trigger a review on your account?

"so Stripe will charge it with next transaction, and if it's not enough they will cover it through next transactions..." are you referencing this from experience? If that's how it works in reality, then that's great, I am just a bit surprised Stripe are willing to wait for your next transaction and not try to get their money right away (or potentially block your account). What if your next transaction is let's say in a couple of weeks or a month?

kristijan95

Very much appreciate your response kristijan95! Have you had a similar case in the past? Is there any specific way you'd normally process this kind of transactions in Stripe? Do you just click on the refund option next to the original payment? What happens when Stripe tries to charge your Payoneer account for the refund and the transaction ends up unsuccessful? Isn't that some sort of an alarm to Stripe to trigger a review on your account?

"so Stripe will charge it with next transaction, and if it's not enough they will cover it through next transactions..." are you referencing this from experience? If that's how it works in reality, then that's great, I am just a bit surprised Stripe are willing to wait for your next transaction and not try to get their money right away (or potentially block your account). What if your next transaction is let's say in a couple of weeks or a month?

yes, some idiot from Ghana obviously bought CC on the dark web and bought on my store items in 3 separate orders in the total of 400$ and the owner of CC disputed it as a fraud on Stripe and I had nothing else to do than accept the dispute and refund (on Stripe RADAR) but as they can't charge Payoneer account because Payoneer doesn't allow it I had to wait for a few more orders from normal customers to cover the debt. Stripe try to do a charge on a Payoneer but they refuse it and then you need to retry it as many times as you need to customers cover the debt...and Payoneer sent me an email in which they said to me that someone tried to charge the card for blah blah and that they can't-do it and I should fix it...

I don't know how they will gonna look at your account if you don't cover the debt in months, cause mine flew away next day...they will probably put you on hold or something like that and then look into your account deeper I don't know, that's my guessing.

on part of all that what happened to me with that stolen CC purchases, I installed Block IP plugin on WordPress and blocked all suspicious countries that might have creativity like this one from Ghana and now for months not a clue of them. Happy, Happy, Happy!

best regards!

Reactions: AKC

Nick84

yes, some idiot from Ghana obviously bought CC on the dark web and bought on my store items in 3 separate orders in the total of 400$ and the owner of CC disputed it as a fraud on Stripe and I had nothing else to do than accept the dispute and refund (on Stripe RADAR) but as they can't charge Payoneer account because Payoneer doesn't allow it I had to wait for a few more orders from normal customers to cover the debt. Stripe try to do a charge on a Payoneer but they refuse it and then you need to retry it as many times as you need to customers cover the debt...and Payoneer sent me an email in which they said to me that someone tried to charge the card for blah blah and that they can't-do it and I should fix it...

I don't know how they will gonna look at your account if you don't cover the debt in months, cause mine flew away next day...they will probably put you on hold or something like that and then look into your account deeper I don't know, that's my guessing.

on part of all that what happened to me with that stolen CC purchases, I installed Block IP plugin on WordPress and blocked all suspicious countries that might have creativity like this one from Ghana and now for months not a clue of them. Happy, Happy, Happy!

best regards!
What a story and a journey indeed... Sorry to hear you had to take the hit. Unfortunately things like these happen with ecom. Appreciate your detailed explanation, this might be very helpful for me (and everyone else on the forum) since I still have not been hit by a chargeback but I have one order now that I feel might end up bad :)
"I had to wait for a few more orders from normal customers to cover the debt." so once you had enough money in the Stripe account to cover the debt did they take them automatically? Or you had to still manually process the refund?

kristijan95

What a story and a journey indeed... Sorry to hear you had to take the hit. Unfortunately things like these happen with ecom. Appreciate your detailed explanation, this might be very helpful for me (and everyone else on the forum) since I still have not been hit by a chargeback but I have one order now that I feel might end up bad :)
"I had to wait for a few more orders from normal customers to cover the debt." so once you had enough money in the Stripe account to cover the debt did they take them automatically? Or you had to still manually process the refund?

yes, indeed, hell of a story :D, I want everyone to know what they might experience with this kind of problem, cause Middle East loves to buy CCs from Dark Net and cause a problem on your store, and so clever to think that you "will" send the items to a P.O. box in Ghana hahah WTF? :D

yes Stripe will automatically cover it, that's good for both cause then you can use it as normal and they will not look into you :)

Nick84

yes, indeed, hell of a story :D, I want everyone to know what they might experience with this kind of problem, cause Middle East loves to buy CCs from Dark Net and cause a problem on your store, and so clever to think that you "will" send the items to a P.O. box in Ghana hahah WTF? :D

yes Stripe will automatically cover it, that's good for both cause then you can use it as normal and they will not look into you :)
Haha, right! Thanks once again for your explanation, very helpful.

Nick84

Hey @kristijan95,

Was wondering if you could help here with some guidance, would very much appreciate it as I am having the issue now. As we discussed above Stripe would normally cover the debt automatically from your existing Stripe balance. Do you remember exactly how this went in your case?
Because what happens currently in my case: I received a payment from a customer for one order. She paid via CC so amount ended up in Stripe and from there deposited to Payoneer. However 5-6 days later I decided to refund the amount to the customer as she was in a country that might have caused issues. I processed the refund in Stripe (total amount was - $8.43) and meanwhile I received a payment from another order for $22.30 (so I do have a balance in my Stripe account). I was expecting that Stripe would not charge my Payoneer account but instead just take out these 8.43 from my existing balance. What happened however was that they first tried to charge my Payoneer account and of course it was unsuccessful. Now what happens is that payments from Stripe to Payoneer (the $22.30 - $8.43 = $13.87) are placed on hold (see snapshot). Do you remember how you resolved this? Did you just select "retry payouts"? I feel that if I go with this option they will try to debit my bank account again for these ($8.43) and it will of course again go unsuccessful. Looking at the snapshots it seems that Stripe considers these 8.43 they have to charge my Payoneer account as a "payout". So just wondering how exactly you went by that? Thanks!

P.S. attached also the email I've received from Stripe

Attachments

• Capture001.PNG
    Capture001.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Capture002.PNG
    Capture002.PNG
    40.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Capture003.PNG
    Capture003.PNG
    91.7 KB · Views: 41
  • email.PNG
    email.PNG
    43 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

kristijan95

Hey @kristijan95,

Was wondering if you could help here with some guidance, would very much appreciate it as I am having the issue now. As we discussed above Stripe would normally cover the debt automatically from your existing Stripe balance. Do you remember exactly how this went in your case?
Because what happens currently in my case: I received a payment from a customer for one order. She paid via CC so amount ended up in Stripe and from there deposited to Payoneer. However 5-6 days later I decided to refund the amount to the customer as she was in a country that might have caused issues. I processed the refund in Stripe (total amount was - $8.43) and meanwhile I received a payment from another order for $22.30 (so I do have a balance in my Stripe account). I was expecting that Stripe would not charge my Payoneer account but instead just take out these 8.43 from my existing balance. What happened however was that they first tried to charge my Payoneer account and of course it was unsuccessful. Now what happens is that payments from Stripe to Payoneer (the $22.30 - $8.43 = $13.87) are placed on hold (see snapshot). Do you remember how you resolved this? Did you just select "retry payouts"? I feel that if I go with this option they will try to debit my bank account again for these ($8.43) and it will of course again go unsuccessful. Looking at the snapshots it seems that Stripe considers these 8.43 they have to charge my Payoneer account as a "payout". So just wondering how exactly you went by that? Thanks!

P.S. attached also the email I've received from Stripe

proceed with retry payouts till it automatically cover the debt as I said

The Dropper

yes, some idiot from Ghana obviously bought CC on the dark web and bought on my store items in 3 separate orders in the total of 400$ and the owner of CC disputed it as a fraud on Stripe and I had nothing else to do than accept the dispute and refund (on Stripe
How much it took the CC owners to dispute the transaction ? & did you send any payments to your supplier ? I'm very concerned about that timeframe, between receiving a fraud payment & discovering it's a fraud !

iatemycat

How much it took the CC owners to dispute the transaction ? & did you send any payments to your supplier ? I'm very concerned about that timeframe, between receiving a fraud payment & discovering it's a fraud !

The time limit on making dispute/chargeback claim depends on which company issues the card: MasterCard: Customer needs to make the dispute no more than 120 days after the transaction went wrong. Visa: Within 120 days of the transaction going wrong (or 180 days for an overseas transaction)

But here you go:

https://chargeback.com/visa-chargeback-time-limits/
https://chargeback.com/mastercard-chargeback-time-limits/

The Dropper

The time limit on making dispute/chargeback claim depends on which company issues the card: MasterCard: Customer needs to make the dispute no more than 120 days after the transaction went wrong. Visa: Within 120 days of the transaction going wrong (or 180 days for an overseas transaction)

Geez ! it means if someone didn't notice their CC was hacked & took him/her long time to report, i'll have to refund amount & the spammer will got their product.

dmickoh

Guys, thanks for all the contributions, this has been really helpful.
Thanks a lot @kristijan95 for all the questions you are answering.
I would like to register an LLC in the US. Is there a way outside of stripe doing it? Otherwise, I might be forced to go with the current method of theEIN

I have checked out both www.myllc.com (Which seems the cheaper option because you only part with about $1,200 max) and also www.myusacorporation.com (WHich would cost me close to $3k for the same) which ones are you guys using and what is your experience with it?

Last edited:

triharas

Hello. Has anyone recommend me any service to phone verify stripe? i have used groove android app and text plus but i am not receiving the verification code.

triharas

I managed to fix it yaros. I just changed the phone number from groove ip. I think not every phone number they provide works with their verification.

kristijan95

Geez ! it means if someone didn't notice their CC was hacked & took him/her long time to report, i'll have to refund amount & the spammer will got their product.
that's why you all need to block the Middle East and similar countries that you think they might cause problems in your store

jubran

that's why you all need to block the Middle East and similar countries that you think they might cause problems in your store
Only if you want to lose potential customers. Instead just use validation & anti fraud tools.
Middle East is rapidly converting to buying over the internet.

nacho283

Hello everyone, im about to launch my store, and I would like to know if you can still get stripe using only the EIN number and using 0000 as SSN, is this still possible?

gunslinger

@kristijan95
At first thank you very much for this great article.
I would like ask only one question ;
Have you told them US mail address or your country address for EIN number ?
(I know US mail address required only for Stripe )