Major Flaw in both plugins

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
By Auto Update I understand full auto pilot - you leave it completely up to the plugin to update and sync your prices with Ali Express. Unfortunately at the moment the Auto update feature does not work properly 100%. Some products are updated as they should be, but others are not. For the past few days I had several products where prices got mixed up after the Auto update. I could spot this now with only 20-30 products but if you have more you need to go through every product to make sure it's all properly updated. This is the AliDropship version, not sure how the AliDropship Woo ver works.
If prices are mixed up then you probably deleted the variation or changed the price manually and then it was changed after update in accordance with your pricing formula. If not - We need a conctere example from you to reproduce that issue.

Nick84

If prices are mixed up then you probably deleted the variation or changed the price manually and then it was changed after update in accordance with your pricing formula. If not - We need a conctere example from you to reproduce that issue.
I understood that even if you delete a variation (e.g. one of several colors) the plugin should still update properly the remaining of the variations, unless you delete the Ships From variation which is sometimes in the products. Ain't that not the case? Anyways I've already tested and issue occurs even on products where variations have not been touched at all.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I understood that even if you delete a variation (e.g. one of several colors) the plugin should still update properly the remaining of the variations, unless you delete the Ships From variation which is sometimes in the products. Ain't that not the case? Anyways I've already tested and issue occurs even on products where variations have not been touched at all.
Ok , as I said - to fix something we need to see that issue , could you please give us an example of such product?

Nick84

Ok , as I said - to fix something we need to see that issue , could you please give us an example of such product?

I have already provided several examples to your team and was told that the Auto Update function works as intended. If it was only me having an issue, then I would accept it and move on, however looking at this thread and other posts in the forum it is very clear that other users are also experiencing the same issue with Auto Update.
Actually it should not be that difficult to reproduce the issue on your end and test it for yourself - with my store it happens almost every day, or every two days. I have at least one product that has an incorrect price after Ali Express suppliers change prices on their end.
Example: today one of the suppliers has reduced the price of a product from $40 to $20. On my store price is properly reflected on my home page/category page but when I access the page for the product in question it still has the original price, not the reduced one. In this case it won't be that much big of a deal, but the other way around is also possible, has happened to me and may lead to profit loss - supplier ends an ongoing promotion and from 20$ product is back to $40. On my store however this is not reflected after auto update and if someone buys it I won't be making any profit out of it.
So please can someone in your team look into it? This feature was actually the main selling point for me and it doesn't feel good to find out it does not work properly.

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I have already provided several examples to your team and was told that the Auto Update function works as intended. If it was only me having an issue, then I would accept it and move on, however looking at this thread and other posts in the forum it is very clear that other users are also experiencing the same issue with Auto Update.
Actually it should not be that difficult to reproduce the issue on your end and test it for yourself - with my store it happens almost every day, or every two days. I have at least one product that has an incorrect price after Ali Express suppliers change prices on their end.
Example: today one of the suppliers has reduced the price of a product from $40 to $20. On my store price is properly reflected on my home page/category page but when I access the page for the product in question it still has the original price, not the reduced one. In this case it won't be that much big of a deal, but the other way around is also possible, has happened to me and may lead to profit loss - supplier ends an ongoing promotion and from 20$ product is back to $40. On my store however this is not reflected after auto update and if someone buys it I won't be making any profit out of it.
So please can someone in your team look into it? This feature was actually the main selling point for me and it doesn't feel good to find out it does not work properly.
Yes, of course I completely understand your concern about it, but you need to understand that if seller on aliexpress.com changes the price - your price on this product will not be changed at the same moment. It will changed when plugin auto-updates it, or you update it manually. We are always asking for concrete examples because we need to understand why it is happening , for example you have a screenshot of the product that was auto-updated , but the price was not updated. As we use the same way of update with our sites - we haven't noticed such issues, so we can't check this from our side. That's why we ask you for assistance.

Nick84

Yes, of course I completely understand your concern about it, but you need to understand that if seller on aliexpress.com changes the price - your price on this product will not be changed at the same moment. It will changed when plugin auto-updates it, or you update it manually.
This is absolutely clear to me. As stated in my previous post, issue occurs with products that have gone through the auto update! Looking at the Activities List Report I do see that the product in question has been updated two hours ago. Problem is that only the price that is under the General Product Options tab has updated properly (i.e. the price for the product that shows either on my home page or on my category page). However when I access the product in question through it's dedicated product page (i.e. where customer is supposed to add to cart) the price is incorrect!
A fresh example from today: supplier has increased a price from 13.50 to 15.50. When I look at the product on my store, under home page and the category page where it belongs, the price is properly updated - it shows 31. However when I access the product through it's dedicated product page (in order to add to cart) it still shows the old price - 27.
We are always asking for concrete examples because we need to understand why it is happening , for example you have a screenshot of the product that was auto-updated , but the price was not updated.
Again, I have provided several examples with snapshots on the exact same issue I describe above. so nothing more to provide from my end. You just need to further test on your end and see how to fix it.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
This is absolutely clear to me. As stated in my previous post, issue occurs with products that have gone through the auto update! Looking at the Activities List Report I do see that the product in question has been updated two hours ago. Problem is that only the price that is under the General Product Options tab has updated properly (i.e. the price for the product that shows either on my home page or on my category page). However when I access the product in question through it's dedicated product page (i.e. where customer is supposed to add to cart) the price is incorrect!
A fresh example from today: supplier has increased a price from 13.50 to 15.50. When I look at the product on my store, under home page and the category page where it belongs, the price is properly updated - it shows 31. However when I access the product through it's dedicated product page (in order to add to cart) it still shows the old price - 27.

Again, I have provided several examples with snapshots on the exact same issue I describe above. so nothing more to provide from my end. You just need to further test on your end and see how to fix it.
Yes, of course, thank you for a detailed review.

myusername2

Hello,

I haven't bought the plugin yet because I wanted to see if the price feature is working as it should be. What I see is that you may need some assistance with QA or development. This is completely fine and I hope you can fix it in a timely manner. I am watching the thread.

This plugin is the best thing on the market for Ali right now, and you may want to consider investing more in maintaining it until the competition keeps up.

Fingers crossed!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello,

I haven't bought the plugin yet because I wanted to see if the price feature is working as it should be. What I see is that you may need some assistance with QA or development. This is completely fine and I hope you can fix it in a timely manner. I am watching the thread.

This plugin is the best thing on the market for Ali right now, and you may want to consider investing more in maintaining it until the competition keeps up.

Fingers crossed!
Hello , of course we are monitoring all issues and fix them as soon as possible .

Alibombalie

i have also problems with price update
Waiting since friday for any response.... need help with it.
have different priceformulas 1$/2$ = 4,5,6,7,8 and so on.... but lot of products are still 0,00 after 100% price update still waitingggggggggg

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
i have also problems with price update
Waiting since friday for any response.... need help with it.
have different priceformulas 1$/2$ = 4,5,6,7,8 and so on.... but lot of products are still 0,00 after 100% price update still waitingggggggggg
Hello, please PM me your domain name and WordPress login and password - I will check it out.

alexallied

I'm also been hit with this.

Product page pricing shows correctly (Normal price and Sales Price according to what I set),
but at the shop page or home page level, the price is different from the product page. It shows the normal and sales price from the ali store.

When I edit the product, the prices shows the Ali store prices. I'll need to keep updating the prices every hour or so. There should be some kind of bug going on, need to get this fixed asap.

Nick84

I'm also been hit with this.

Product page pricing shows correctly (Normal price and Sales Price according to what I set),
but at the shop page or home page level, the price is different from the product page. It shows the normal and sales price from the ali store.

When I edit the product, the prices shows the Ali store prices. I'll need to keep updating the prices every hour or so. There should be some kind of bug going on, need to get this fixed asap.
Exactly! So it's not just me... This needs to be investigated by the support team asap. Also one of the reasons I am avoiding to use Auto Update ever since I noticed this issue...

Yaros

Staff member
Exactly! So it's not just me... This needs to be investigated by the support team asap. Also one of the reasons I am avoiding to use Auto Update ever since I noticed this issue...
Manual and Auto update use the same module and work the same. To check the issue I will need exact link to the product that has such a problem.

Yaros

Staff member
Tomorrow will release a new plugin version (beta), hope auto-update will work without any issues.

Milos

Why I don't like auto-updates ?

in 99% of cases there's always going to be a glitch or a bug, no matter how well s/w is designed.

Therefore what I do is:

1. I disable all updates
2. if I get an order for a product already removed from ALiExpress, I search the same product for another seller and order from him/her
3. My advantage is that I'm selling products offered by multiple AliExpress sellers having similar prices and never had any problems, with 100% ordered fulfilled, and never had $$ loss

Yaros

Staff member
Why I don't like auto-updates ?

in 99% of cases there's always going to be a glitch or a bug, no matter how well s/w is designed.

Therefore what I do is:

1. I disable all updates
2. if I get an order for a product already removed from ALiExpress, I search the same product for another seller and order from him/her
3. My advantage is that I'm selling products offered by multiple AliExpress sellers having similar prices and never had any problems, with 100% ordered fulfilled, and never had $$ loss
You are right, there were some parameters that could cause a problem. Removed them now, tomorrow will release a beta with fixes, auto-update should work fine finally.

The point is that all these updates (in my opinion) are absolutely useless and we never use hem for our own stores, but we had to integrate such functionality because everyone is looking for 'automation'.

We are processing orders exactly the same way like you described. And each time we find a particular product with a better price we just link a new supplier to a product in order to have a possibility to use an auto-order feature.

Milos

You are right, there were some parameters that could cause a problem. Removed them now, tomorrow will release a beta with fixes, auto-update should work fine finally.

The point is that all these updates (in my opinion) are absolutely useless and we never use hem for our own stores, but we had to integrate such functionality because everyone is looking for 'automation'.

We are processing orders exactly the same way like you described. And each time we find a particular product with a better price we just link a new supplier to a product in order to have a possibility to use an auto-order feature.

Thx Yaros. If this is the proper solution, let's update the plugin with a feature in ORDERS allowing you to enter & save URL of the chosen product & seller, and perhaps automatically create a product listing. Just a thought....Thx