Low conversion rate

Direct Webstore

When you start to build your banner, subscription box on your website, do you meet any difficulty?
No. I've been playing around with graphic programs for a long time now. And it's easy to insert images and subscription boxes into image, text or custom html widget boxes. I'm talking about Woocommerce themes here. It can be done with the Original plugin, but you need to make a child theme and edit theme files to insert them. But that's another topic ... lol :)

Why? Something that attracts the customers worths the hype, doesn't it?
Of course. I'm just talking about the quality of the graphic, that's all. ;)

Annie Wooden

It can be done with the Original plugin, but you need to make a child theme and edit theme files to insert them. But that's another topic ... lol

That's my problem :( Since I don't know how to code, customizing html widget boxes is quite challenges for me, or any other newbie.

Woo themes are quite beautiful but some widgets don't match my preferences. So that's why I have to ask for recommendations for other app.

Direct Webstore

I have to ask for recommendations for other app.
An app for inserting images into the Original Plugin? There aren't any. There's none for Woo either.

However... with the Original plugin and themes, it does provide a couple of places to upload banners and apply links to them. One in the shop sidebar and another at the bottom of the blogs.

Annie Wooden

An app for inserting images into the Original Plugin? There aren't any. There's none for Woo either.

However... with the Original plugin and themes, it does provide a couple of places to upload banners and apply links to them. One in the shop sidebar and another at the bottom of the blogs.

Sure, Most of the themes across platforms support us to upload banner but there are some limitations such as not allowing me to create multi banners and requiring my efforts to add text fields, buttons and other elements on the banner. Don't you think so?

Direct Webstore

please which theme is converting better for you.
I use Flatsome. But the theme has nothing to do with conversions. It's a combination of many factors. How the theme is setup appearance/colour scheme wise, extra plugins, special offers, added value to the store like blogs and videos in product descriptions, the product descriptions themselves, your pricing, your advertising, your social media interaction etc etc ...

I really wish there WAS a "magic" theme that could replace all those factors ... but that's just a fantasy.

Bottom line ... you need to work.

The original plugin are you talking about alidropship?
Yes. There are two versions. The Original plugin and the Woo plugin.

The Woo one came later by popular demand.

;)

Direct Webstore

Hello all, try THIS LINK and see. Unlimited sales funnels, you can connect up to 15 Domains and a powerful Email Marketing for lists up to 10000 subscribers is included. There is no cheaper option on the market, at all. And - its an All-in-One platform. Easy to use. If you have any questions, just PM me.
If you're going to SPAM threads with your low class affilliate links, at least make the product compatiple with the Alidropship plugins. This "Builderall" rubbish is not.

I see you have only made 7 posts on this forum and SIX of them are SPAM affiliate links for this "Builderall" garbage. Grow a brain mate.

volkmarkt

As DWS Direct Webstore already stated ... boring products on a boring website without any sales enhancing structure will not generate any sales or conversion. And only discounts are not a solution, neither. Just remember when you down a street ... every second shop window shows up to 70 % discount. Did you enter in these shops because of the offered discounts?

You can have as much traffic as you want ... when your product pages are not properly prepared to receive and convert the audience, all the traffic of the world is useless. First optimise your pages, then direct massive traffic to them, regardless whether paid or free traffic.

I hope that gives you some ideas on how to enhance your sales.

1. First of all, a simple DropshipME page is simply a couple of photos in the gallery and then 4 or 5 bullet points about weight, dimensions, material and what's included in the shipping. Not really attractive and definitely not enough to make sales.

2. Then, if you invest some time (and/or money) and create a nice appealing product description ... it's still a clumsy Wordpress page, a simple catalogue page without conversion effects. Just as many million others, too.

3. It took me quite a while to learn that sales-funnels are not the last and only answer to a lack of sales in this kind of business. Nor is there a suitable salesfunnel plug-in that's fully compatible with AliDropship.

Solution:

First I had to research and define, what exactly is the difference between a catalogue page and a sales page.
A SALES PAGE is not a sales funnel, but it's an optimised page that shall enhance sales and conversions.

What is the structure of a sales page? Easy - an attractive Headline containing the keyword (SEO) and that awakes interest to read further. Then a short description of the product on a nice background (it shows the audience that they DO import you). Afterwards you have to point out your USP's (Unique Selling Points) and explain, why they should buy in YOUR store and not in another, like FREE shipping, Safe payment, Money-Back-Guarantee etc.) followed by addressing the problems the audience had by now because of NOT having your product ... Now you explain what they get and all the fantastic advantages of your product. Then I put some more images and product description (part 2 if you wish), customer testimonials (without photos as these too difficult to get) and finally, again, the Money-Back-Guarantee. I normally put another two Call-To-Action buttons (Add to Cart) into the page and at the end I offer a 10% discount if they subscribe to my newsletter (for Email Marketing Purposes).

Here you can see one of my pages without this layout: https://volkmarkt.com/fun-inflatable-beer-pool-float/
And this is the new layout: https://volkmarkt.com/folding-chair-with-thermal-bag/

Well, although there is some space for improvements - for me its needless to discuss about which is better and sells more. Again, it's not a sales-funnel, however, it almost works the same way. The attention of the audience is bound to the page because it shows interesting content, is easy to read makes clear, why one should spend his money and purchase this product - and finally, it's easy to buy and pay. I purchased the AliDropship add-on "Ads UpSell AliDropship Plugin" and can do some up- or downsales in the checkout stage of my customers purchase. This is quite close to the structure of a sales-funnel.

I have the Da Vinci 2.0 theme, no WOO version and use a plugin which allows me to edit my product pages my way.

To come to an end ... without some advertising and relying only on organic traffic it's rather difficult to make sales that allow you to make a living of this activity. But that's another chapter.

Good luck.

Last edited:

volkmarkt

Just to continue as I got a PM with questions about the text on my pages:

Its and hard and stony way to get to kind of appealing product pages that don't look naked, too dry and unprofessional.

Concerning the texts I made some experiences, too. First I made my text on my own, however, it's very time consuming and, too, doesn't allow me to work ON my business but instead IN my business. No way to continue like this.

Then I hired some copy writers from Fiverr, however, although that's quite cheap it was not what I was looking for. Finally I hired a Virtual Assistant from the Philippines to do that job. On onlinejobs.ph you have to become a member (1 month is enough) and then you can post a job and receive applications. You can search their candidate data base, as well, and build up a candidate pool of around 30 to 40 people. At least this is what happened to me. Of these candidates I chose the two best ones (one as a backup) and there it was. Cost: membership $ 69 (one for a month), virtual assistant around $ 100 per week. I insisted in a production of minimum 12 product descriptions daily of around 350 to 400 words for Google Ranking and SEO.

The layout is another important issue. Just text is boring and people read not only more than enough but too much. So it has to have a clear structure to enable the lector to decide what to read and what not. More than 80% of my audience are visiting my pages by mobile phone, so - that's where the emphasis is. I bought a good pagebuilder that I am very happy with and started to change the appearance of all my pages. Again, I use AliDropship original plugin on Wordpress. No WooCommerce.

There is still a lot to do, but every mile starts with the fist step.

Cloud-Miner

I also have a "Share for discount" plugin where they get a discount for sharing the product they want to buy on Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin. I also have a Spinning Lucky Wheel where they provide their mail (which gets added to my Mailchimp subscription list) and they get a discount coupon. This one does two things. I get their email, and it encourages them to use the coupon to buy something.

Apart from that ... there are the special promotions with discounts on special days and times of the year.

Could you please recommend me a good free Share for Discount plugin for Woo? The ones I've looked up thus far are all premium (YITH, etc.) :confused:

Direct Webstore

Could you please recommend me a good free Share for Discount plugin for Woo? The ones I've looked up thus far are all premium (YITH, etc.) :confused:

The bad news: There aren't any free ones. I use the Premium Yith Share for discounts.

The good news: You can get it free here ... GPL Download https://gpldl.com/repository/premium-woocommerce-extensions/
It's free to sign up. You have to manually download and update any plugins you get from there. They send you regular emails listing the latest updated ones.

I have been using several plugins from there for a couple of years now. They have licenses for all their plugins and update their repository regularly. They make their money from donations.

Last edited:

Cloud-Miner

The good news: You can get it free here ... GPL Download https://gpldl.com/repository/premium-woocommerce-extensions/
It's free to sign up. You have to manually download and update any plugins you get from there. They send you regular emails listing the latest updated ones.

I have been using several plugins from there for a couple of years now. They have licenses for all their plugins and update their repository regularly. They make their money from donations.

Are they really legit? Nulled plugins, I presume?

Direct Webstore

Are they really legit? Nulled plugins, I presume?
They have licenses for all their plugins
... and...
I have been using several plugins from there for a couple of years now.
My sites have not exploded yet.

Also ... read their "About Us"

And you could also Google "GPL" ... (General Public Licence). Buying a licence only lets you have automatic updates. It's legal to give away copies of GPL plugins. This has been discussed already in this forum. You can do a search if you wish. I don't want to repeat it all again.

Cloud-Miner

Buying a licence only lets you have automatic updates. It's legal to give away copies of GPL plugins.

Thanks for the heads up. I had been to this site prior to your comment but thought maybe it's a sketchy site. The usual doubt and paucity of time. Thanks for clearing it though. :)