Low conversion rate

Annie Wooden

I'm running a dropshipping store for only a few weeks but I get really low conversion rate, also low sales. I'm using several plugins to create popup but I found quite complicated. Do you encounter any problem while creating a header bar and popup? Any apps that you are using to do so?

Mar

I'm running a dropshipping store for only a few weeks but I get really low conversion rate, also low sales.
You are lucky to have conversion rates in just a few weeks. Some stores have been open for a year with no sales at all.

Annie Wooden

You are lucky to have conversion rates in just a few weeks. Some stores have been open for a year with no sales at all.

but it really low compare to the traffic going in my stores. I'm trying to creating a popup to catch more attention

Direct Webstore

And Google hates them on mobiles and seeing as almost 50% of traffic is from mobiles ... I'm staying away from them. I just use static banners instead. (For newsletter signups and special offers etc)

Reactions: Mar

jaykay

but it really low compare to the traffic going in my stores. I'm trying to creating a popup to catch more attention
Hi Annie,

It also depends on the traffic source. If your traffic sources are not providing quality traffic then that traffic will not convert. So, less traffic but quality traffic may increase your conversions.

Annie Wooden

And Google hates them on mobiles and seeing as almost 50% of traffic is from mobiles ... I'm staying away from them. I just use static banners instead. (For newsletter signups and special offers etc)

Have you use any app to create static banner? I don't know how to code so still find it confusing.
By the way, do you set any conditions for your banner to show on your site? (date, time, target customer, pages, etc.)

Direct Webstore

Have you use any app to create static banner? I don't know how to code so still find it confusing.
They're just images added to the sidebar and other places hyperlinked to a page regarding an offer or in the case of my newsletter it has a signup box under it. My Newsletter/Subscription banner/image and signup box appear on every page of my site as I have one in the sidebar and one in the footer. More than enough and no need for an annoying, resource using popup.

I have also created a 10% discount coupon for every subscription and that offer is displayed in the banner/image. I used to use the Mail Poet newsletter plugin ... and the coupon code was displayed on the Confirmation page after they signed up.

Here is an example newsletter signup banner for an old site I made a couple of years ago called "Reality Stuffed" (realistic stuffed animals) I no longer use ...

newsletter.jpg
It's a bit amateurish ... but I've improved since ... lol ;)

I now use Mailchimp to do the same thing (Newsletters) ... as well as other things like Abandoned,Carts, Email followups and all the Transactional emails.

do you set any conditions for your banner to show on your site? (date, time, target customer, pages, etc.)
No. They are permanently displayed. Nice an simple. Using something to set conditions would defeat the purpose of keeping it simple and reducing page load times.

Last edited:

Annie Wooden

Sound simple and easy :))
So what's about the results? Does it improve your conversion rate? Number of Impressions grows as well?

Annie Wooden

Hi Annie,

It also depends on the traffic source. If your traffic sources are not providing quality traffic then that traffic will not convert. So, less traffic but quality traffic may increase your conversions.

Quality traffic? How can we measure it?

Direct Webstore

So what's about the results?
It makes people signup because of the 10% discount coupon.

Does it improve your conversion rate?
Yes ... because they come back to use the coupon.

Number of Impressions grows as well?
Yes ... because they come back.

And when they buy something, they get a follow up email ten days later assuring them the order is on the way and it also contains another 10% coupon as thanks.

Then 8 weeks later (after they have received the order), they get another follow up email saying that I hope they were happy with the purchase and it also has another 10% discount coupon as a further thanks.

People love discount coupons ... and they come back and use them. I also have other things that offer discounts,

;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Quality traffic? How can we measure it?

If you have a Facebook ad targeting women between 15 and 35 in English speaking countries for a particular product and you get heaps of conversions, that's a good traffic source.

Or if you make a post on a forum related to your niche with a link to your site and you get heaps of conversions, that's a good traffic source

You measure it by the conversions you get from a particular source.

Annie Wooden

Sure things, people love a discount.

How often you offer a discount for your customers? Does it varies in any occasion? I have met other store owner that offers discounts to customers but still gain a little :((

I think the traffic and conversion rate depends on how we build the sales funnel. Well, the funnel is also a concern to me

Annie Wooden

Here is an example newsletter signup banner for an old site I made a couple of years ago called "Reality Stuffed" (realistic stuffed animals) I no longer use ...

It looks cute, no wonder why you're experienced about this matter

Since I'm no good at coding so I really put my efforts to look for an app to create a banner, popup, welcome mat, or anything like that without coding or requires many customizations

Direct Webstore

How often you offer a discount for your customers?
I have permanent discounts for subscribing and the two follow up emails. I also give them discounts if they complain about the shipping being too long. I also have a "Share for discount" plugin where they get a discount for sharing the product they want to buy on Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin. I also have a Spinning Lucky Wheel where they provide their mail (which gets added to my Mailchimp subscription list) and they get a discount coupon. This one does two things. I get their email, and it encourages them to use the coupon to buy something.

Apart from that ... there are the special promotions with discounts on special days and times of the year.

Annie Wooden

Trully, you're really experienced. I can learn much from you.

When you start to build your banner, subscription box on your website, do you meet any difficulty?

I thought so too when I made it .... but now I think it's amateurish. I've improved my graphic skills since then. lol . But I don't want to display anything from my current sites.

Why? Something that attracts the customers worths the hype, doesn't it?