Looking for fastest ecommerce web hosting

daniel-97

Not sure what put you off, I'm just looking to make a data driven decision about changing host.
Trust me, don't use those tools, they're not reliable.
As I said I'm happy with siteground, so I'm looking to "upgrade" to another host that has some potential benefits, for example: server speed.
Maybe there are some other "obvious" advantages on interserver that I'm not aware of?
Interserver is cheaper and based on reviews on Trust Pilot, they're pretty consistent.

If you're happy with your hosting, stay on it. If speed is the only thing you care about, go for bigger plans

Mar

Not sure what put you off, I'm just looking to make a data driven decision about changing host.
As I said I'm happy with siteground, so I'm looking to "upgrade" to another host that has some potential benefits, for example: server speed.
Maybe there are some other "obvious" advantages on interserver that I'm not aware of?
I'm not looking solely to cut down on expenses and select something cheaper hosting-wise.
Does this make sense?
Definitely there is a lot of advantage on InterServer especially when compared to SiteGround. My sites were with SiteGround in the past. I have a long post about it here. Among others, one important advantage is the unlimited resource usage. I know there is no such thing as unlimited resource usage, but InterServer's limits are so high that they consider it unlimited. If my disk usage and database size today is with SiteGround, I am sure my site has been suspended or cancelled. SiteGround is dead serious about resource usage limit, they treat it like life and death. Once you hit it, they will not hesitate to implement actions. It is the only host provider with a very low database size limit and another limit in database table. So, even if your database size is within the limit, if one of your database tables hit the limit, you have to upgrade again. That is pretty weird. That is what we call greed.

Mar

Just register using the link, thanks for the info, now just hoping no issue with migration
Have you requested migration yet? If you are using cPanel, migration will be easier. When my site was migrated, they were having a hard time because I was not using cPanel then, but they managed. Normally, you will give them access to your cPanel and they will take care of everything, including creating of full cPanel backup necessary for migration.

yoha03

Have you requested migration yet? If you are using cPanel, migration will be easier. When my site was migrated, they were having a hard time because I was not using cPanel then, but they managed. Normally, you will give them access to your cPanel and they will take care of everything, including creating of full cPanel backup necessary for migration.

yes already filled the migration form with all required information, so now just waiting for the process, written there 24-48 hours, so let's see how it goes :)

nenene

Definitely there is a lot of advantage on InterServer especially when compared to SiteGround. My sites were with SiteGround in the past. I have a long post about it here. Among others, one important advantage is the unlimited resource usage. I know there is no such thing as unlimited resource usage, but InterServer's limits are so high that they consider it unlimited. If my disk usage and database size today is with SiteGround, I am sure my site has been suspended or cancelled. SiteGround is dead serious about resource usage limit, they treat it like life and death. Once you hit it, they will not hesitate to implement actions. It is the only host provider with a very low database size limit and another limit in database table. So, even if your database size is within the limit, if one of your database tables hit the limit, you have to upgrade again. That is pretty weird. That is what we call greed.

Pretty helpful feedback, thank you :)
I have as well received notifications about exceeding resources on siteground, it's annoying indeed.
They have doubled the inodes lately though, and claim to have move to Google cloud distribution network, but they also increased prices.
Your ttfb timings look impressive as well.

nenene

So it's the second time I'm trying to test InterServer (1st was on May that they also had an offer.
1)First Migration request: (15 May 2020),
"
Hello,
Thank you for the update.
We are unable to generate the backup from your cPanel account. Could you please generate a backup with the help of your remote hosting provider and upload the same to the homedirectory of the account with us.
Regards,

Nayana T
InterServer Inc.
"
(I had given them full cpanel access to siteground, and never setup a site afterwards.)

2) Second Migration request (27 Nov 2020)

Hello xxx,
Greetings from InterServer Support.
Unfortunately Shared to 'Black Friday 2020' migration support is not an option from our support lines.
Athul S
InterServer Support.
https://interserver.net

Despite the huge banner saying free Migrate.
Glad you guys are happy with this host, but my experience is pretty disappointing.

Attachments

• migration_1.jpg
    migration_1.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 9

Mar

So it's the second time I'm trying to test InterServer (1st was on May that they also had an offer.
"
Hello,
We are unable to generate the backup from your cPanel account. Could you please generate a backup with the help of your remote hosting provider and upload the same to the homedirectory of the account with us.
Regards,

Nayana T
InterServer Inc.
"
(I had given them full cpanel access to siteground, and never setup a site afterwards.)

Hello xxx,
Unfortunately Shared to 'Black Friday 2020' migration support is not an option from our support lines.
Athul S
InterServer Support.

Glad you guys are happy with this host, but my experience is pretty disappointing.
Sorry about that. There were a number of sites migrated to InterServer in the Black Friday sale, apparently migrations were successful. I am really wondering why your case is different, and knowing that it is the second request. I just submitted a ticket to support, asking explanation about your case. Please, let's wait for the update of the ticket.

Mar

"
Hello,
Regards,

Nayana T
InterServer Inc.
"

Hello xxx,
Athul S
InterServer Support.

I got the update of the ticket: "That is correct - We do support for free cPanel/DA to cPanel migration if the request is from a customer outside Interserver and has a new Black Friday 2020 hosting registered with us. For those customers who are already with us under a shared hosting platform and orders new Black Friday 2020 hosting offer - Unfortunately we do not support for such migration requests and this is a confirmed response."

Apparently, you already have a shared hosting plan with InterServer, this made it not eligible for the Black Friday sale according to the Terms and Conditions. If you really want to migrate your site, you need to send an email to support@interserver.net, and explain your intention.

nenene

Sorry about that. There were a number of sites migrated to InterServer in the Black Friday sale, apparently migrations were successful. I am really wondering why your case is different, and knowing that it is the second request. I just submitted a ticket to support, asking explanation about your case. Please, let's wait for the update of the ticket.
I got the update of the ticket: "That is correct - We do support for free cPanel/DA to cPanel migration if the request is from a customer outside Interserver and has a new Black Friday 2020 hosting registered with us. For those customers who are already with us under a shared hosting platform and orders new Black Friday 2020 hosting offer - Unfortunately we do not support for such migration requests and this is a confirmed response."

Apparently, you already have a shared hosting plan with InterServer, this made it not eligible for the Black Friday sale according to the Terms and Conditions. If you really want to migrate your site, you need to send an email to support@interserver.net, and explain your intention.

I appreciate your help Mar, (pleasantly surprised actually) but after multiple message exchanges my already bad impression only got worse about them.
I have actually manually uploaded the siteground files/database to their server, and hoped they could just finish up the migration, after they had failed to do the first time I asked. They thought it was an existing shared plan, even though I provided information and even photos.
Their unwillingness to understand or help only made confirm that "you get what you pay for"
I'll do manually the migration and test the installation hoping their actual infrastructure is better than their support skills. (at least for my case)

Mar

I have actually manually uploaded the siteground files/database to their server
I don't know what was your history with InterServer, but you were able to upload files to their server. This confirm that you already have an account with them. This make you not eligible to the sale and any of their promo, that is what they explained. Bottom line is, InterServer promo is for first time accounts only. Of course you can move your site if you really want to, but you have to get in touch with them. Apparently you did but I don't know if doing it yourself is their advice.

chris37

I appreciate your help Mar, (pleasantly surprised actually) but after multiple message exchanges my already bad impression only got worse about them.
I have actually manually uploaded the siteground files/database to their server, and hoped they could just finish up the migration, after they had failed to do the first time I asked. They thought it was an existing shared plan, even though I provided information and even photos.
Their unwillingness to understand or help only made confirm that "you get what you pay for"
I'll do manually the migration and test the installation hoping their actual infrastructure is better than their support skills. (at least for my case)
Bro i sent you private message the way for you to do it.

Jacobharry

Pagespeed & content are always high priority to rank better on search engines. Siteground and A2 hosting are few of good ones among many good web hosting providers.

chris37

Hi i like to inform my fellow alidropship member that i succesfull migrate from bluehost to interserver, The team of interserver are very helpfull and willing to help all my demand , they even fix my cloudflare issue i have with my email and is not even them job to do it!

I am very happy with my web hosting now ... Is the best value for money in the web hosting business .

thank @Mar

Last edited:

Mar

Hi i like to inform my fellow alidropship member that i succesfull migrate from bluehost to interserver, The team of interserver are very helpfull and willing to help all my demand , they even fix my cloudflare issue i have with my email and is not even them job to do it!

I am very happy with my web hosting now ... Is the best value for money in the web hosting business .

thank @Mar
If you haven't done so, avail of their default mail delivery program "Mail Channels". No more hassle of third party mail program setup. Simply use their Server Hostname and you are covered and good to go. Your emails will never land in Spam folders.

1606881778037.png

chris37

If you haven't done so, avail of their default mail delivery program "Mail Channels". No more hassle of third party mail program setup. Simply use their Server Hostname and you are covered and good to go. Your emails will never land in Spam folders.

View attachment 13621
I noticed some issue i be honest...
3 of the 4 website I have update the nameserver to cloudflare ... so I couldn't know which original hosting provide it use now,

When I check the fourth one I have notice is still point bluehost.

I will get back to interserver to ask what it going on!