Issue with high CPU usage

Yaros

Staff member
Hello,

Anyone who has a problem with high CPU usage, could you report it here with following details:

1. What action caused the issue: importing or autoupdating or manual updating?
2. What is your hosting provider and what is your hosting plan?
3. What is your current WooCommerce version?
4. What is the version of AliDropship Woo plugin?
5. What cache plugin are you using?
6. Screenshot of your WooCommerce system status info:
WooCommerce status ‹ Davinciwoo — WordPress - Opera 2019-01-14 17.26.12.png

WooCommerce status ‹ Davinciwoo — WordPress - Opera 2019-01-14 17.24.28.png

It will help us greatly to investigate the issue and find necessary solutions! Thank you in advance!

Enov

1- manual updating
2- Linode 4GB
3- woocommerce 3.5.2
4- alidropship 1.3.1
5- no cache
6- https://pastebin.com/JijStvY8

My issue is when I do manual update, when it reach products like phone cases, that have many variations images for many phone versions, the update blocks, I have to refresh page to continue. Since I have like 50 products phone case, I have to refresh page 50 times!

Better if you can slow down process, or maybe store new data to local json file first, at end of update from aliexpress, you update database or something.

Yaros

Staff member
1- manual updating
2- Linode 4GB
3- woocommerce 3.5.2
4- alidropship 1.3.1
5- no cache
6- https://pastebin.com/JijStvY8

My issue is when I do manual update, when it reach products like phone cases, that have many variations images for many phone versions, the update blocks, I have to refresh page to continue. Since I have like 50 products phone case, I have to refresh page 50 times!

Better if you can slow down process, or maybe store new data to local json file first, at end of update from aliexpress, you update database or something.
Perfect! Thank you so much, Enov!

Dawoo

Hello,

Anyone who has a problem with high CPU usage, could you report it here with following details:

1. What action caused the issue: importing or autoupdating or manual updating?
2. What is your hosting provider and what is your hosting plan?
3. What is your current WooCommerce version?
4. What is the version of AliDropship Woo plugin?
5. What cache plugin are you using?
View attachment 7695

View attachment 7696

1. What action caused the issue: importing or autoupdating or manual updating? manual updating

2. What is your hosting provider and what is your hosting plan? Namecheap(Shared Hosting-Most Popular stellar plus)

3. What is your current WooCommerce version? 3.5.3

4. What is the version of AliDropship Woo plugin? Version 1.3.5

5. What cache plugin are you using? WP Rocket

https://pastebin.com/kyrvtVew

7- error_log: (CPU - SocialRabbit)

https://pastebin.com/FNew4Zbs

This is the issue I am facing, I attached screenshots of CPU before and after I made activities on the website ( opening new windows, or updating). Also, other than the CPU issues, error 503 appeared and error logo in the C panel. please see the image attached, and let me know if you have questions.

Thank you

Attachments

• CPU1.png
    CPU1.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 55
  • CPU2.png
    CPU2.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 58
  • ERROR 508.png
    ERROR 508.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 49
  • ERROR_LOG.png
    ERROR_LOG.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 39
  • ERROR_LOG2.png
    ERROR_LOG2.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 38
  • UPDATE.png
    UPDATE.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 38

Mar

Yaros, I have tried different settings of the Max Upload size, every time the site crashed immediately and every time I'm having a problem to bring it up since I cannot open the admin page to disable the Auto update.

Yaros

Staff member
Yaros, I have tried different settings of the Max Upload size, every time the site crashed immediately and every time I'm having a problem to bring it up since I cannot open the admin page to disable the Auto update.
the Max Upload size will not solve this issue, I just recommend using at least 5Mb for better performance.

Mar

the Max Upload size will not solve this issue, I just recommend using at least 5Mb for better performance.
I have tried the 5MB, the result is the same, in fact the site is still down until now.

Mar

This is getting worse. It was Auto update, now I cannot activate Social Rabbit. The effect is very much like the Auto update.

i27drop

I have 1600+ products and always on quality shared hosting plans with plenty of resources.
The plugin has worked great till lately, then the CPU excessive usage issue began in mid to late December for me.
Since then I've basically been booted from 2 reputable shared hosting companies for this issue.
(I run the auto-update daily as I have previously been caught in the "wrong price issue" for not updating often enough).

I don't have a solution for the CPU usage issue but I have moved my site to a managed VPS with 2GB RAM 2 Cores which seem to be handling it much better now.
This solution may not be for everyone as it is more expensive, but I needed my site up and running without getting resources chopped and/or moving hosting plans/companies.

Best of success to all in 2019

Mar

This solution may not be for everyone as it is more expensive, but I needed my site up and running without getting resources chopped and/or moving hosting plans/companies.
Definitely the solution is not for everyone. I saw this post of one member, he upgraded to 8GB memory plan, of course CPU core is more than 2 but it did not help the high CPU usage when Auto update is enabled. I am in 2GB RAM 1 Core VPS plan. I cannot enable Auto update, it crash my site very quickly when I do with maximum CPU usage. Worse is lately even activating Social Rabbit exactly has the same effect. Social Rabbit Skype support tried to resolve the issue the whole day yesterday but failed. Have cited a number of reasons that don't make sense e.g. number of plugins when the number was like that ever since, even suggested to move my site to their hosting service free but have very very limited disk space. Have a lot of trial and errors resulting my website up and down the whole day. They promise to continue working on the issue on Monday. Clearly Alidropship support is having a hard time in this CPU usage issue and don't really understand what is going on. I am afraid that one day Alidropship plugin cannot be activated anymore due to the same issue.

Yaros

Staff member
Clearly Alidropship support is having a hard time in this CPU usage issue and don't really understand what is going on. I am afraid that one day Alidropship plugin cannot be activated anymore due to the same issue.

We perfectly understand what is going on, as I mentioned before the problem with recent changes in WooCommerce and there are a lot of complaints around these changes and issues with CPU. We prepared the list of things that should be done to avoid these troubles, I hope it will help. But we need time, because of much work involved.

Mar

We perfectly understand what is going on, as I mentioned before the problem with recent changes in WooCommerce and there are a lot of complaints around these changes and issues with CPU. We prepared the list of things that should be done to avoid these troubles, I hope it will help. But we need time, because of much work involved.
Yaros, it is very nice to hear this words. We are looking forward for this issue resolved even if it would take time.

I am thinking today about this issue of Social Rabbit that is very much like the Auto update when activated. It started with Pinterest alone. Social Rabbit was active then and was working fine in all the other social sites with no issue of high CPU usage. The CPU issue started when they asked access to my control panel. They did something in the server, one as stated in Skype support:

1. the requests didn't reach the pinterest server, and we rerouted them to another one.
2. welcome message didn't work- fixed too
Checked the Posters, they work well for now"

The developers should have done something in the server that caused this Social Rabbit CPU issue, and that is why other users having problem with Social Rabbit don't have the CPU usage problem. Whatever they did or change in the server should be restored and I am sure this Social Rabbit CPU issue will go away. I was right when I hesitated to give access to the control panel. The site was not broken but I cannot activate Social Rabbit now.

alexja33

I will contribute you my experience with woo alidropship from December 2018 until now with this problem too.

I bought the plugin in December and installed on a digital ocean 1 Core 1GB Ram by Cloudways with beeze cache and varnish cache. I started importing products and realized that the products were updated daily without me even knowing how it worked. I contacted alidropship support to find out all the details and set everything up as they told me. My woocommerce has version 4.9.9 and the alidropship woo 1.3.4 plugin. In early January the site started crashing and bug 503. I contacted support cloudways and they told me that my server was changing data from the database too often causing the server to shut down. I got in touch with hidropship support and have seen the problem so far. I went back to looking for cloudways hosting support and they helped me to get around the problem, but not definitely by changing max upload size to 5MB, not putting products with more than 6 variables like color, template, size and etc., turn off auto-update and update by clicking the update now button.
After these changes, what has been observed is that CPU usage levels have decreased but are still high as in this image:
I hope I have contributed in some way and have a solution from the alidropship team. Thank you!

Attachments

• CPU.png
    CPU.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 41

alexja33

Sorry, my hosting Cloudways made the change from 5MB to 10MB max upload size.See the pictures of how my server got after the changes.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.png
    2.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 47

Mrbb922

I don't know if this will help, but I had ZERO issues with CPU usage before I enabled facebook pixel on woocommerce. After that anytime it updates I see a huge spike in the CPU. Not to the point where I am seeing 500 errors or anything but enough to be of concern. If anyone of you are using facebook pixel or another pixel plugin for facebook syncing trying deactivating it and see if it lowers your CPU usage.

waterlion

The issue is that the Woocommerce / wordpress database setup is garbage. Almost the entire site is on a single database table: wp_meta or whatever.

Thus, every product/variation/order/almost everything is on a single table, that needs to be run every single time.

This makes the input/output of the server super slow.

There is supposed to be an update in the works:
https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce-product-tables-feature-plugin

But the woocommerce team/whoever is in charge hasn't worked on it in months unfortunately.

If the Alidropship developer team can start working on the table migration, then this will definitely improve server performance by up to 50%.

Yaros

Staff member
The issue is that the Woocommerce / wordpress database setup is garbage. Almost the entire site is on a single database table: wp_meta or whatever.

Thus, every product/variation/order/almost everything is on a single table, that needs to be run every single time.

This makes the input/output of the server super slow.

There is supposed to be an update in the works:
https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce-product-tables-feature-plugin

But the woocommerce team/whoever is in charge hasn't worked on it in months unfortunately.

If the Alidropship developer team can start working on the table migration, then this will definitely improve server performance by up to 50%.
Absolutely true!