ionCube in not inside PHP 7.4 Version - help us it's Urgent

chris37

NEWS FLASH!!! PHP7.4 was released last year (November 28th, 2019. That's about 7 months now)=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP#Release_history
7.4 packs many performance + security upgrades + APCu

For Alidropship to ask its paying customers to downgrade just because they are too lazy and careless is just mind boggling. Most "free"plugins on Wordpress repository have already taken compatibility action. So, the developer has not taken any PHP compatibility action since 2017 when 7.2 was released. This is not a free plugin and everyone who has paid for it, deserves an up-to-date product. Three years without any core update is just unacceptable for an $89.00 plugin.

I cant continue with you. You ask for 10% increase speed from the team (like you say, i never see this increase in my tests),

You dont see the other 90% which you can fix it by your self ???.

Good luck.

igadgedx

I cant continue with you. You ask for 10% increase speed from the team (like you say, i never see this increase in my tests),

You dont see the other 90% which you can fix it by your self ???.

Good luck.

I'm sorry, but I think I forgot to mention "Security Upgrades/Enhancements". It's not all about speed.

igadgedx

It's really shameful that senior members of this forum take joy on mocking/belittling newer members coming into this forum looking for some help/guidance (Yes... specially you "Well-Known Member". Now we know what you're well known for (putting people "Down Under")).

I will try and do what the most senior members should have done along with the plugin creators. A very simple "until ioncube releases a stable 7.4 loader version, we cannot make our plugin 7.4 compatible" (was that so difficult?)

1) AliDropship relies and is dependent of an ioncube loader stable version.
2) Up until June 28th, 2020, the latest stable version was "ioncube_loader_lin_7.3.so"
3) The ioncube loader 7.4 stable version was just released on June 29th, 2020 (before this date, only the BETA version was available, but no hosting company is willing to include BETA versions on their PHP packages. If you do have a VPS, you could do so at your own risk).

Here is a link to ioncube latest Production/Stable loader version (7.4) => https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
and here is a link for the stable release discussion on ioncube forum=> https://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic...start=30&sid=edc723777bc7f8e90ce183d747fc7995

I just wished that the developer and most knowledgeable and senior members on this forum could had come up with a simple detailed response without belittling newer forum members pointing out that even if AliDropShip wanted to update the plugin, they could not do so until a 7.4 stable loader version was available (it is available now).

4) as for the why would you like to upgrade to 7.4? This Site Health Status report output will probably answer that question:

site-health-status.JPG

NOTE: I do like to point out that @Mar did mentioned earlier on this thread "ioncube loader not included on PHP7.4 release", but most of us mere mortals didn't have a clear understanding as of "why?" the plugin was not compatible.

I am probably getting more love from known members, but it's well worth it.

Peace!

Mar

It's really shameful that senior members of this forum take joy on mocking/belittling newer members coming into this forum looking for some help/guidance (Yes... specially you "Well-Known Member". Now we know what you're well known for (putting people "Down Under")).

I will try and do what the most senior members should have done along with the plugin creators. A very simple "until ioncube releases a stable 7.4 loader version, we cannot make our plugin 7.4 compatible" (was that so difficult?)

1) AliDropship relies and is dependent of an ioncube loader stable version.
2) Up until June 28th, 2020, the latest stable version was "ioncube_loader_lin_7.3.so"
3) The ioncube loader 7.4 stable version was just released on June 29th, 2020 (before this date, only the BETA version was available, but no hosting company is willing to include BETA versions on their PHP packages. If you do have a VPS, you could do so at your own risk).

Here is a link to ioncube latest Production/Stable loader version (7.4) => https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
and here is a link for the stable release discussion on ioncube forum=> https://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic...start=30&sid=edc723777bc7f8e90ce183d747fc7995

I just wished that the developer and most knowledgeable and senior members on this forum could had come up with a simple detailed response without belittling newer forum members pointing out that even if AliDropShip wanted to update the plugin, they could not do so until a 7.4 stable loader version was available (it is available now).

4) as for the why would you like to upgrade to 7.4? This Site Health Status report output will probably answer that question:

View attachment 12274

NOTE: I do like to point out that @Mar did mentioned earlier on this thread "ioncube loader not included on PHP7.4 release", but most of us mere mortals didn't have a clear understanding as of "why?" the plugin was not compatible.

I am probably getting more love from known members, but it's well worth it.

Peace!
Based on your statements, I believe you haven't tried transitioning PHP version of your site. Apparently you believe that a site loading like a turtle would load like a lightning after transitioning to the latest PHP version. I am telling you now according to my personal experience and experience of many other users, it is not the case, in fact very very far from it. Every time a new PHP version is released, a faster loading speed is one of the promises. But the reality is when you use that PHP version, you will not notice any change at all.

Direct Webstore

I forgot to mention "Security Upgrades/Enhancements"
It's only of urgent concern to the overly paranoid. For those with a "normal level of paranoia" (lol), installing Updraft Plus (or similar) and having automatic backups of the entire site done on a regular basis is the sensible way to go ... rather than relying on or even worrying about minor security upgrades. But's that's just my "opinion". Speaking of which ...

@Direct Webstore guy is kind of toxic. Everyone have opinion
That's right. And guess what? I have one too. Amazing, ay? And anyone is free to disagree with my opinion, and of course, I'm free to disagree with theirs. If that's OK with you? ... It is? Great! ;)

dont mock them.
I think my "Sarcastic, non politically correct, Aussie culture/sense of humour conflicts with the overly sensitive "face-saving" of other certain cultures at times (Especially with the Asian Continent). If some indignant, humourless people have broomsticks stuck up their bums, they need to get a life and be a bit less "local" and a bit more "global".

Php 7.4 are proven to be benefit for speed and security.

Thank you for your opinion. I agree, to a point. Unfortunately, like has already been said, we all have to be patient and wait till certain plugins upgrade to PHP 7.4 compatibility. There is a very high probability that your store will not explode in the meantime and/or suddenly revert to "turtle speed". (Damn! There's that sarcasm again!) But I'm sure you have already done this ...
installing Updraft Plus (or similar) and having automatic backups of the entire site done on a regular basis
... right? I mean ... I presume anyone so worried about security would be doing something as basic as that already.

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
PHP 7.4 is now available for ionCube, you can use AliDropship PHP 7.2+ and activate PHP 7.4 on your hosting.

Direct Webstore

PHP 7.4 is now available for ionCube, you can use AliDropship PHP 7.2+ and activate PHP 7.4 on your hosting.
It's not available on my host yet. (Interserver). Just checked now. Although, their 7.3 version is out of date, so the 7.4 one they have probably is too. No rush though, all is running well.

Last edited:

ashik_cse

You mean, alidropship plugin now compatible php 7.4..? Currently my site using php 7.3. I am using namecheap vps , my server have 20+ domain hosting. All of website using php 7.4 except alidropship woo website.

let me know, can i update php 7.3 to 7.4...?