How do I duplicate a product?

Hstar

I am trying to duplicate a product I have added using AliDropship plugin. But when I click on Duplicate on the Products page, the product is copied but none of the AliExpress data such as attributes, supplier details etc are copied.

Does the plugin not allow duplicate products or am I doing something wrong? I want a copy of a product so I can use for promotions so will be hidden on my website but available through a link.

Thanks

Simos

Hidden on the website but available on a link?

You can do this: Publish the product but don't place it in a category.

The product will be only visible in the "all products" category accessed by the "shop now" button in the homepage.

Other than that you'll have to wait for such feature in a future update.

Hstar

Hidden on the website but available on a link?

You can do this: Publish the product but don't place it in a category.

The product will be only visible in the "all products" category accessed by the "shop now" button in the homepage.

Other than that you'll have to wait for such feature in a future update.

Thanks Simos. Actually problem I'm having is that when I duplicate the product I get no AliExpress data. So product attributes, supplier details, number of orders etc data is not there. I also tried to import the product again but when I import the product (copy) is not shown in product list. So after clicking "Duplicate" I can enter details manually but lots of Ali data missing.

Simos

You can find the same product and import it from a different supplier. Then you'll have two listings of it.

Another idea would be to create a new product, paste the product link in the "Product ID" field and hope it updates the info. I don't know the mechanics behind this but it's probably not possible to have two products with the same product number in the plugin.

Hstar

Yeah tried product link but did not seem to work. Will try again and see if I can find a workaround. I also suspect plugin does not allow duplicate product ids. I've emailed support so hopefully will get a response.

Thanks for the ideas

Yaros

Staff member
Hello,

The products are imported by product IDs, so there is no option to create duplicates.