From $0 - $9,500 in 17 days with only $250 Ad spend!!!

nenene

@dmickoh , great information thank you for sharing.
Can you please elaborate more on how you organize your chatbot sequences/workflows? Are you using platforms like Chatfuel/Manychat?

Tafari

This case study is mainly to encourage those who might be thinking of giving up. After trying to do a store for months and failing, I hired someone to do them for me, non the less she succeeded. Understanding what I was doing wrong was the problem. But I kept at it until about 17 days ago when I broke the code.

having someone do something for you and it succeeds, doesn't make you feel so nice, getting something done yourself and it succeed, that feeling is unbeatable. I have been very successful online with FB ads, I consult with some major companies in Africa and even manage their ads, I have had great success with Affiliate marketing with Clickbank,Amazon Niche sites, but drop-shipping wasn't just working. But it has finally worked.

This is my newest store, but as many of you might notice, I am totally blown away by the results.
The store has gotten 60% of the sales from social, 30% from organic search(Even though I did not do any SEO on it...which even shocks me the most) and the rest from referrals.

I have run a maximum of $250 in ads only, and done a lot more of manual organic sharing and the like. I am planning on scaling the ads to say $200 a day.
Lessons learned, until your pixel is properly seasoned, organic traffic converts a lot better than FB. we were getting a 4.9% conversion before starting on FB traffic, and that number reduced to 1.8%

2-Follow the simple steps. a) Have the right mindset(Spend more time on products and marketing, than you spend on anything else; Don't give in, keep trying until you succeed)
b) Create a store and brand it
c)Pick a market/Niche and get at least 10 products day to it. If you do this consistently for a month, that will be 300 products! am sure a lot has already been said about product picking and selection, unless you need my own criteria, I will leave it at that,
d)Market Market Market Market....do everything, if you dont have money for facebook ads, you will pay with your time. Here is what my schedule looked like
-Youtube (Unlisted Method) for product review
-Twitter + IFTT
-FB Groups
-Email
-PPC
-SEO
-FB Ads and IG Shoutouts
-IFTT + Addmefast
-Pinterest

Hope this encourages you to not give up. I am doing this from Uganda, with all limitations available. So if I can, then you can!
You're in Uganda?!! I have to visit!

Jerry Udo

Great tips! How do you deliver products to most customers in Africa and how long does it take you to deliver most products to customers in Africa?

Bujuk

Thanks Daniel for sharing your success tips. it has been very helpful for me.
I've one question regarding the niche selection. how do you select your niche? is there specific criteria that we need to find in the niche?

thanks in advance

dmickoh

Great tips! How do you deliver products to most customers in Africa and how long does it take you to deliver most products to customers in Africa?
In Africa, I only target South Africa as I have found they system is much easier to work with...especially drop shipping, I have not tried other countries yet.

Thanks Daniel for sharing your success tips. it has been very helpful for me.
I've one question regarding the niche selection. how do you select your niche? is there specific criteria that we need to find in the niche?

thanks in advance
For some reason, I usually go general, unless its something I really really love, for example, coffee or soccer. Outside of that, I would normally just go with winning products and a general store.

dmickoh

@dmickoh , great information thank you for sharing.
Can you please elaborate more on how you organize your chatbot sequences/workflows? Are you using platforms like Chatfuel/Manychat?
I am using another script and not many chat.
But also, I have a retargeting bot on the store, and it has helped a lot...actually all my stores have retargeting bots.
usually, the moment someone purchases, I send a thank you email, and also message them on FB in the event that they came from FB, after 2 days, I send them a discount message, after 2 days, I send them top selling products, after 2 days, I sent the newest products. While segmenting those responding and following up on those not(Clicking links)

Tafari

My traffic is great, my FB engagement is awesome, but I have no sales. I'm I doing something wrong???

Attachments

• Dropship report.png
    Dropship report.png
    34 KB · Views: 113

Don James

How do you set-up for specific country like only UK or Australia or India
Any settings I need to activate .. please help

angelive

Great infos ! @dmickoh what is the payment gateway you use in Africa. I am in Africa but I don't know what payment gateway I can use for my store. I can not use paypal, so please tell me what alternative you use for African countries. Thanks for your help.

dmickoh

MEGA STORE UPDATES: I HAVE CRAKED $101,133k In SALES!!!!
BHW_Update.png

So, I have been off for the past few weeks, and here was the problem..
1-When I shared my videos, some heartless human beings went online and decided to spam my store (I didn't know that my store url was visible) so they went ahead and used stolen credit cards, which pushed the store sales to about 35k, but then I started getting chargebacks, which made me lose my stripe account etc.
LESSON #1: No matter how excited, share only what you can, if people don't believe, don't give a SHIT, after all, none of them will help you when you are sleeping hungry and have to start all over again!

2- I have had to register a new Stripe account, because even my other stores were affected as this was my main stripe account. But as it's said, when you know how to do something, it will always come around. And guess what, in an even shorter time, I have made more money...!!!
LESSON #2: Don't copy, learn the Principles..no one can take that away from you. But someone can take away copied work...I know FB ads, I know how create winning stores, I know the process A-Z! And nothing can change about that..no one can take that...no matter how many times I go down.

3- In journeys like this, you are going to win and you are going to lose at times. Loss might come in different forms, losing your merchant account (I even tried to get 2checkout, and they rejected me 3 times) Losing doesn't come only through failed stores, it can come in all other forms. Whats important is to never give up. Imagine for 2 weeks plus, I could not process payments, I was having loads of customers asking why I couldn't and what the problem was. But guess what, here I am, 3 weeks later making over $100k!
LESSON #3: Don't be afraid to lose, don't be afraid to be called a failure, all of us have our own lives to live and die, you are not accountable to anyone except yourslf first and foremost...the moment you are accountable to yourself, then you have to be accountable to a group..thats why you need a community to encourage you. You have no idea how much encouragement I got from some of the masterminds I am in and how that kept me going! Join a group for the rainy days.(THOSE INTERESTED IN JOINING MY FB GROUP, WHERE I WILL BE HELPING LOADS OF OTHERS, PM ME and I WILL ADD YOU)

With that said, I think I have come to the end of this journey, I wanted to make $100k, and I have made it in less than 90days! I will keep this thread alive to answer to questions and help those starting out, but I am going to start another journey of taking a dead store (One that was profitable about 9months ago, but hasn't made any sales since then, to life again! And I will detail everything I am doing with it.

dmickoh

Great infos ! @dmickoh what is the payment gateway you use in Africa. I am in Africa but I don't know what payment gateway I can use for my store. I can not use paypal, so please tell me what alternative you use for African countries. Thanks for your help.
The best would be to open an LLC in the US, and get an EIN number, that you can use together with Payoneer-Stripe Combo...otherwise, you will need to use 2checkout...if you can't get any of those, then there will be little to no options left.
My bounce rate is 79.96. all customers are leaving at chechout
There are many reasons customers leave a store during checkout...
Toping the list are shipping costs, trust, getting destructed, was just doing research etc...Outside of the countries they come from and the fact that they may not have certain payment methods...those are the reasons...so cross check again.

dmickoh

How do you set-up for specific country like only UK or Australia or India
Any settings I need to activate .. please help
Set up interms of store?
Please don't complicate life for yourself...so many gurus talk about so many things, ultimately just focus on 2 things(Products and Marketing)