Doing facebook ads wihtout VAT number

Edward

I want to try facebook ads, but when I setup my account, it asks me for VAT number, which I don't have. So I choose instead the options: `No, I am not buying ads for business purposes`, where it doesn't asks your for VAT.

Can I still run ads for my dropshipping store this way, or I will probably get blocked?

Attachments

• sdafsa.PNG
    sdafsa.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 9

Direct Webstore

If I was you, I'd write to Facebook and ask them for advice on what to do. It's a totally valid question to ask.
You may get all sorts of incorrect answers here.

I live in Australia and we use GST, not VAT, so I can't help. I could only make a guess based on my GST experience. But I won't as it may be totally wrong.

BTW, I'm not sure if you are trying to setup a "business account" or not. If so, you don't need a business account to run ads. You can run them just as an individual. Business accounts are only really useful for people who have multiple stores and/or multiple account managers. For a single store and manager, it's overkill.

Here is the info on whether you need a business account. It's for Instagram, but that's owned by Facebook so the rules are the same ... https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1010682245633077

I just use my personal Facebook account to run ads and have never been asked to provide a VAT or GST number.

But to be 100% clear, I would still write to Facebook and ask for advice.

Last edited:

Edward

If I was you, I'd write to Facebook and ask them for advice on what to do. It's a totally valid question to ask.
You may get all sorts of incorrect answers here.

I live in Australia and we use GST, not VAT, so I can't help. I could only make a guess based on my GST experience. But I won't as it may be totally wrong.

BTW, I'm not sure if you are trying to setup a "business account" or not. If so, you don't need a business account to run ads. You can run them just as an individual. Business accounts are only really useful for people who have multiple stores and/or multiple account managers. For a single store and manager, it's overkill.

Here is the info on whether you need a business account. It's for Instagram, but that's owned by Facebook so the rules are the same ... https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1010682245633077

I just use my personal Facebook account to run ads and have never been asked to provide a VAT or GST number.

But to be 100% clear, I would still write to Facebook and ask for advice.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I am using a personal account, but it still asks for to supply for a VAT number for my country.

I guess I will try to run some ads like this and see if they get accepted.

Direct Webstore

I guess I will try to run some ads like this and see if they get accepted.
You can do that, but in the meantime, I really would write to Facebook as well if I was you. There is nothing wrong with asking that question.

Or wait for someone based in Europe to answer. I think @Mar is based in Europe somewhere. She may know better.