Desktop or Mobile

BananaBri

Obviously themes are designed to look good on both these days, but you'll always have a small element of your store that looks better on one or the other.
Do you design with desktop in mind or mobile?
Vai what method are you getting the most visitors/sales from?
The two stores I have (not alidropship powered) are around 60/40 - desktop.

Mar

Obviously themes are designed to look good on both these days, but you'll always have a small element of your store that looks better on one or the other.
Vai what method are you getting the most visitors/sales from?
The two stores I have (not alidropship powered) are around 60/40 - desktop.
Regardless of the percentage, desktop or mobile, you should see how it look in both. You don't even need a smart phone or a tablet for a quick look. If you are in a desktop just resize the screen to the proportion of the mobiles and you will see exactly how your site look.

kingpin

I always focus, design and optimize keeping mobile as a priority
80% of the traffic we generate are from mobile devices.

If you're running instagram shoutouts obviously your theme need to look the best on mobile devices keeping all the e-commerce conversion elements in the right order.

One of my favourite woocommerce theme is Flatsome theme. Still it lack some Mobile optimisation that can be corrected/improved using some css or external plugins.

BananaBri

There's nothing more heartbreaking than creating the perfect looking site on desktop, then finding it doesn't look quite right on mobile, but mobile is king now, so it has to be done.

... I hate messing with css!

kingpin

There's nothing more heartbreaking than creating the perfect looking site on desktop, then finding it doesn't look quite right on mobile, but mobile is king now, so it has to be done.

... I hate messing with css!

If you're on woocommerce you can always assign seperate theme for mobile and a different theme for desktop visits

You can check woomobify theme also for mobile experience but i could see some code conflict between alidropship woocommerce version plugin and that woomobify theme plugin from themeforest

BananaBri

If you're on woocommerce you can always assign seperate theme for mobile and a different theme for desktop visits

You can check woomobify theme also for mobile experience but i could see some code conflict between alidropship woocommerce version plugin and that woomobify theme plugin from themeforest
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.
That Flatsome theme does look good though... might bite the bullet and buy that

WeBulkSale

You have to make it responsive for both mediums. Chrome's inspect element makes it easier to see if your site is responsive or not!

Direct Webstore

I've said this before a couple of times in this forum ...

Now that 43% of online sales are via mobile and set to rise to over 50% by 2020 (Just one set of stats, there are several versions) ... it's time to think "Mobile first" rather than "Desktop/Laptop first" when it comes to site design and layout.

You can test your site's mobile friendliness here .. https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly

Things to be careful of ... content being too big for the screen (having to scroll left and right), text too small to read, clickable elements too close together and having annoying popups.

I spent a whole week tweaking things to get a perfect score.

That Flatsome theme does look good though... might bite the bullet and buy that
I use it and it looks perfect on mobile after a few tweaks.

.. I hate messing with css!

Get "Advanced CSS Editor" so you can have separate CSS for "Universal, Desktop, Tablet and Mobile.

:)

Last edited:

dalebon

I always work with my accounting from my laptop in the office. It's convenient when you need to work from home, you can take your computer with you. I bought this laptop two years ago when I was finishing college. It wasn't easy for me to choose, but the best laptop for computer science worked perfectly for two years in the end. I'm glad I didn't skimp on it. In the end, I thought that if I bought a new laptop every year, it'd be costly. So I decided to buy a computer that I could carry around with me. The Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN laptop is 11mm thick and weighs 1kg, with a 45Wh battery.

Last edited:

chris37

That's amazing! "Laptops" ay? What a cute name.

What a great idea! when did they invent these computers you can take with you?

I want one!

Where can I get one?
Hello ,

I am looking for plugins to buy, do you have any?

Apologise contacting you this way but your P.M is disable.

John69

Of course, it is ideal for the site to be optimized for both desktop and mobile.
If I had to choose one of them, I would choose mobile.

But let's not forget that some sites don't even need the desktop version, as well as others that don't need the mobile version. It depends on the niche.
A few months ago, my site had a terrible mobile version, and I was losing thousands of visitors.
Having few sales, I was forced to turn to a website design agency.
It was then that we discovered the lack of optimization for mobile, decided to rebuild the site, and in a few months the site took off.

Last edited:

Mellisaholbrook

I always work with my accounting from my laptop in the office. It's convenient when you need to work from home, you can take your computer with you. I bought this laptop two years ago when I was finishing college. It wasn't easy for me to choose, but the best laptop for computer science worked perfectly for two years in the end. I'm glad I didn't skimp on it. In the end, I thought that if I bought a new laptop every year, it'd be costly. So I decided to buy a computer that I could carry around with me. The Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN laptop is 11mm thick and weighs 1kg, with a 45Wh battery.
It's great to hear that you found a laptop that works well for you and has been reliable for the past two years. The Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN is a lightweight and portable option that can be convenient for working on the go.
It's important to consider the cost-benefit analysis of upgrading your laptop every year versus holding onto it for a longer period. While constantly upgrading to the latest technology may seem appealing, it can quickly become expensive and may not necessarily provide a significant improvement in performance.
If your current laptop continues to meet your needs and runs smoothly, it may be more cost-effective to hold onto it for a while longer. However, it's also important to consider factors such as hardware lifespan and potential software compatibility issues down the road.
Overall, it's great to have a reliable and portable laptop that can accommodate your accounting work both in the office and at home.

Mar

Hello ,

I am looking for plugins to buy, do you have any?

Apologise contacting you this way but your P.M is disable.
It's been a while since you posted this. It's been a while also since I visited this forum I understand you are looking for plugins to buy. I have a number of it: 2 Alidropship woo, 2 Social Rabbits and 2 Shipping Aliexpress. I deactivated my two sites and I don't need them anymore, also that is why I am not active in the forum anymore. I am not sure if you need plugins this time, just a try.

chris37

It's been a while since you posted this. It's been a while also since I visited this forum I understand you are looking for plugins to buy. I have a number of it: 2 Alidropship woo, 2 Social Rabbits and 2 Shipping Aliexpress. I deactivated my two sites and I don't need them anymore, also that is why I am not active in the forum anymore. I am not sure if you need plugins this time, just a try.
Hello Mar,

I am not looking for new plugins for the moment.

Thanks