Dashboard/Site Taking FOREVER to load?

LusciousLizzy

The past two weeks my dashboard and site has not been loading properly. Freelancers can't login and do work, and when they can they complain it takes forever to load and say the server is too slow.

Multiple emails to support and they say there is nothing wrong with the server, but the reality speaks otherwise.

I'm at my wits end. Dashboard takes upwards of 4 minutes+ to load a page. Home page editor plugin will not load at all.

Order page won't get tracking info.

I do not ave PHP 7 and haven't switched to ioncube. Is this why?

No clue what I need to be doing to fix this. I can't get any work done or progress or send traffic if my dashboard is taking hours to load and my site is taking minutes to load. Wondering if I should switch servers entirely.

nasanka

I had same issue with godaddy after importing so many products as they shows in the cpanel, my RAM reached its maximum. I had to upgrade my hosting. Also you may need to increase the memory limit on your hosting.

LusciousLizzy

Well I had had a ton of products that I imported, but then I deleted a TON of them from my dashboard and I deleted all the image files from my Media Library that I didn't use. Would that sill affect my memory?

nasanka

Even you deleted your files its nothing to do with RAM capacity. RAM is related to on-demand request. you need more RAM if there is lot of visitors, and also when importing products.

You could see if there is resources limited in your cpanel. They are showing notification that you reached your limit and need to upgrade. I upgraded my hosting and its faster now.

LusciousLizzy

At the moment I have like no
Visitors because I can't send traffic when my site is so slow. Which hosting plan do you have? I have the silver with Ali Drop Ship and it should be fine considering I have no website traffic. Is there a way to delete stuff from my cpanel to reduce the amount of files?

nasanka

I have Godaddy. You need to contact then Alidropship to see if you have any plugin or code that may slow down your site. You can also check by deactivating plugins one by one. Start with Jetpack if you already installed.

LusciousLizzy

I have been back and forth with Ali and they just keep insisting in saying everything is fine and if I need hosting to go through them. (Even though I'm already with them.) so, it is like they aren't even reading my messages because none of my issues have been addressed

kingpin

hi Liz

hope all your wordpress plugins and your theme is up to date.

this happens usually when the memory limit is not set to higher mb

256MB Memory is nice

Google the term "how to increase Wordpress memory limit"

regards!

LusciousLizzy

Hi KingPin

Plugins are up to date but I don't think my theme is because I have been told if I update it then I will lose theme customizations I have done. I do have a child them though. I am not sure if I am supposed to update my main them now that I have a child theme.

I will definitely look up how to increase my memory! Thanks for the tip.

I just had hosting switch me to ioncube and I'm going to update to php7 so hopefully that will help too!

kingpin

Hi KingPin

Plugins are up to date but I don't think my theme is because I have been told if I update it then I will lose theme customizations I have done. I do have a child them though. I am not sure if I am supposed to update my main them now that I have a child theme.

I will definitely look up how to increase my memory! Thanks for the tip.

I just had hosting switch me to ioncube and I'm going to update to php7 so hopefully that will help too!

it could be your theme thats doing this.

always do customisation in child themes so that when you update your main theme you still have all your customisation perfectly available.

LusciousLizzy

I wonder if everything was transferred to my child theme. I had someone do a back up of my site so I could update my WordPress database. Now I only see my Child Theme as active in my plugins section.

Support just updated to IonCube and the dashboard seems to be working faster now. I am just not sure if I need to update to PHP7...it shows I have latest version of AliWoo plugin 6.8 though

Direct Webstore

I do not ave PHP 7 and haven't switched to ioncube. Is this why?

Why don't you just try that?? It only takes a minute to do.

But I don't think that's the problem though. I used to use Alidropship hosting and never had a problem like this. The only "unusual" factor in your problem are these multiple "freelancers". "5 Stars" or not, I'm betting one of them has screwed something up.

If I was you ... I'd spent 30 minutes and back up my site and database and reinstall WP+Aliplugin from scratch and see if the problem still exists. If it's loading smoothly, the fault is with your "Freelancers"

Direct Webstore

Have you tried accessing your site from another computer? Are you sure it's just not your internet connection? There's nothing wrong with Alidropship Hosting. I used the Silver Plan myself at first. No problems at all. It HAS to be something in your WP setup. I think you REALLY should do a clean install like I suggested earlier. If you don't, you'll be scratching your head forever. :)

LusciousLizzy

Well the dashboard seems to be loading much better now. I'm not exactly sure what happened but I had another freelancer take a look and he said I had a lot of bugs likely from the other freelancer who did something inadvertently and now things to be working more smoothly in the dashboard. I also had hosting switch me to ioncube too, but I was advised by this other freelancer not to upgrade to PHP 7 because of all my plugins? ‍♀️

Site speed itself is still slow because I need to do some speed optimization + increase the memory which is also being worked on so we'll see!

Thanks for all your input!!!

Jess

Well the dashboard seems to be loading much better now. I'm not exactly sure what happened but I had another freelancer take a look and he said I had a lot of bugs likely from the other freelancer who did something inadvertently and now things to be working more smoothly in the dashboard. I also had hosting switch me to ioncube too, but I was advised by this other freelancer not to upgrade to PHP 7 because of all my plugins? ‍♀️

Site speed itself is still slow because I need to do some speed optimization + increase the memory which is also being worked on so we'll see!

Thanks for all your input!!!
PHP 7 is the way to go hands down and yes there are still many plugins which are not compatible but you can easily check that yourself. There's a php compatibility tester plugin available and it will give you and idea of what plugins can cause issues. It gives warnings and errors. I used it and had 2 plugins that showed warnings but nothing critical and i've had no issues upgrading to php 7.

LusciousLizzy

Oh great! I will try that compatibility tester plugin. I haven't upgraded to PHP 7 and I was also told that I can't increase my memory, but now these issues are springing up all over again!

in your admin, go to: woocommerce > status see if anything jumps out. it should be all green with no red item listed.
how much memory does your site have in total, that you are allocated?