[Critical] Facebook Pixel Support for FB Conversion Ads

sandokan

Facebook pixel is not working for me.
Works only View. But no Add to chart and Purchase (the most important ones).
How to fix that?
I just pasted the code number of my pixel in aliexpress customization.
thanks

easycash27

I also think this is critical too, reply from support:

721674c8995dc877419759700127f251.png

"I’m afraid Add-To-Cart event is not supported by our themes at this point.
We’ll be working hard to make it possible to track Add-To-Cart event in the near future."

So basically, we can´t run FB ads campaigns properly at this moment, I will have to look for alidropship alternatives since this seems my only option.

sandokan

Hello Guys I found a way to install the Facebook pixel code.
I tested it on theme DaVinci, I'm not sure if it works also on other themes.
Here is my procedure:
1st) remove the Facebook pixel code number from the aliexpress customization page.
2nd) Install the Facebook pixel page view only code on Customization Head <head tag>
3rd) go to Appearance, Editor
index.php (cart/index.php)
and before the line: <?php get_template_part( 'cart/cart1/index' ); ?>
install the Facebook Addtocart code.
4th) go to Customization Aliexpress plugin, ThankYou, Payment Succes, Conversion tracking script and
paste there the Facebook Purchase Pixel.

this is it.

alexallied

Facebook conversion tracking is critical in today's Internet marketing. Any plans to get facebook pixel fully utilized by alidropship/davinci?

alexallied

It seems that the AddtoCart, Checkout, and Purchase isn't getting fired up, I'm using the default Facebook Pixel ID in Customization. Only PageViews are actively fired up now. Any solution?

My website is www.ilovemobile.co

Yaros

Staff member
You just need to set FB pixel in customization menu. FB Pixel helper show all events correctly.

Nick84

Apologies for hijacking the topic a bit, but still on the same note - when is one supposed to install the fb pixel based on your experience? Is it right after you create your store and you install it right away or is it before you start running fb ads? I've read some info on the topic, but never found the answer to this question.

Just a quick note. Before setting up ads with Facebook be sure you don't have an ad blocker enabled in your browser. FB does not like those at all, apparently. And will let you waste lots of time chasing non-problems before telling you. Their software pretends they have zero history for your pixel until you disable the ad blocker.