[Critical] Facebook Pixel Support for FB Conversion Ads

Anson

Found no Facebook Pixel Event is loaded via this plugin (even in WorldofHarry site).
Please consider to add support to add Facebook Pixel tracking to the plugin as it's essential for the Facebook conversion ads.

Facebook Pixel Standard Event:
ViewContent (please set product slug as "content_ids" and category as "content_type" for dynamic product catalog)
AddToCart (set product slug as "content_ids" and category as "content_type" for dynamic product catalog)
InitiateCheckout
Purchase (set product slug as "content_ids" and category as "content_type" for all products for dynamic product catalog)

Reference:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/facebook-pixel/v2.8

The Dropper

You can just add Facebook pixel id in the Customization menu of the themes , everything will be set up automaticlly .

Last edited:

dezigna

Totally important thing I forgot. Voting for this too. Look at pixelyoursitepro.com. Would want FB pixel support for pageview, add to cart and purchase.

The Dropper

Look like i was wrong , the automatic set-up support Only 3 events : PageView / ViewContent / AddToCart , the purchase is not supported :

capture-png.11

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 330

The Dropper

Checkout event is also there.

Not working , However the "Purchase" event is a must have one ! it fire when the Customer complete the purchase , & send back the value of purchase to Facebook .
capture-png.12

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

The Dropper

So then , i think i should check my settings inside my ads account , i tried to run teespring campaigns recently inside the same ads account , hope it's not the reason behing pixel problems . I really heat that new pixel .

NDog

I have a questions on the facebook pixel.

I added my pixel id in the customisation settings.

When i view pages I see the pixel with the FB Pixel helper chrome plugin.When I add to cart - I dont see anything in the pixel helper? So no pixel is fired on that page?

So what i need to know is how to get this working and use events on pages within the site.

So page view
Add to cart event
Purchase event

What is the thank you page url? Say i wanted to use tag manager to fire the pixel if the theme is not firing the pixel etc? https://mydomain.com/cart/

What is the url for the actual purchase? Is it dynamically created?

How are people running ads that are optimised ofr ourchase or add to cart if the opixel is not getting fired?

Thanks in advance

NDog

Update: I created a custom audience for events and I can make on for the Add To Cart event but no option for the Purchase event - has anybody managed to work this out?

Shays

There is code error in the facebook pixel, it didn't fire the add to cart pixel for me so I had to modify it...

@Yaros I would suggest switching the waitForLoad function with a jQuery document ready event, it fixes the add to cart pixel firing.

Yaros

Staff member
There is code error in the facebook pixel, it didn't fire the add to cart pixel for me so I had to modify it...

@Yaros I would suggest switching the waitForLoad function with a jQuery document ready event, it fixes the add to cart pixel firing.
Could you pm me your site URL?

Hi, Yaros
Is that we need to add in the general FB pixel in the customization area and all the event will be automatically set up? or i need to manually add the code in the head column?
Please help as it looks like my FB pixel is not really working and i can test on WC campaign.
thanks in advance

Yaros

Staff member
Hi, Yaros
Is that we need to add in the general FB pixel in the customization area and all the event will be automatically set up? or i need to manually add the code in the head column?
Please help as it looks like my FB pixel is not really working and i can test on WC campaign.
thanks in advance
FB works fine, you just need to set your FB pixel; tracking id on customization. You can also test it with this extension https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ads-for-websites/pixel-troubleshooting

Hi, Yaros,
Allow me to ask some stupid question as i am really new to internet world.
Do you mean that i just create a general pixel id which have numner xxxxxxxxx97. and put in the customization tracking it and every event code will be auto setup for all the event such as purchase, addtocart, initialcheckout and so on?

as i see my pixel initialcheckout do not have activity and the FB helper shows that only have pageview event code in the main page but other do not have.
Do i need to setup any other in FB pixel?

thanks in advance again

FB works fine, you just need to set your FB pixel; tracking id on customization. You can also test it with this extension https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ads-for-websites/pixel-troubleshooting

Yaros

Staff member
Hi, Yaros,
Allow me to ask some stupid question as i am really new to internet world.
Do you mean that i just create a general pixel id which have numner xxxxxxxxx97. and put in the customization tracking it and every event code will be auto setup for all the event such as purchase, addtocart, initialcheckout and so on?

as i see my pixel initialcheckout do not have activity and the FB helper shows that only have pageview event code in the main page but other do not have.
Do i need to setup any other in FB pixel?

thanks in advance again
Yes, and you will get such events automatically: 'viewcontent', 'addtocart', 'checkout'

Jarrey

Found no Facebook Pixel Event is loaded via this plugin (even in WorldofHarry site).
Please consider to add support to add Facebook Pixel tracking to the plugin as it's essential for the Facebook conversion ads.

Facebook Pixel Standard Event:
ViewContent (please set product slug as "content_ids" and category as "content_type" for dynamic product catalog)
AddToCart (set product slug as "content_ids" and category as "content_type" for dynamic product catalog)
InitiateCheckout
Purchase (set product slug as "content_ids" and category as "content_type" for all products for dynamic product catalog)

Reference:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/facebook-pixel/v2.8

I added the Pixel ID into the customisation tab but I only manage to track general views. Is this because I have yet to create an ad?

NIOVI ATHINAIA

Victoria I think that was most helpful!
I also have an ali affiliate plugin but it seems that I have not the option to install a FB pixel, there is only google analytics... Is there any way to succefullydo it? I am sorry for bothering you with ali affiliate but there in such forum unfortunately.
Thank you :)