Built-in Product Image Editor - edit images directly from AliExpress and WordPress

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I tried the image editor in wordpress. When I edited the image and erased the logo, the image was good. When I published the post, the featured image still had the logo. Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We'll have a closer look at the issue.

I tried the image editor in wordpress. When I edited the image and erased the logo, the image was good. When I published the post, the featured image still had the logo. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Yan, what I learned was that you have to change also the 1rst pic by the gallery that is by the product options. If you do that then it'll change at the front also. Hope it'll help

johnweyer

Image editor is good, using it to erase logo then import to import list for further edit.. The featured image in gallery is the image that will appear on Homepage (at least on Rembrandt). I have observed that if you change the size in Edit, the image will not show on homepage. This is OK, we just must be aware to not alter the size of that image and only use brush or erase or sticker. This is a great tool. Thank you Yaros. Now, if only I could add my own sticker (for my logo) :).

Oh yes, one more thing. The image editor does not work for me in wordpress in the 'edit item' screen. THIS IS GOOD - I DO NOT WANT THIS RESOLVED. I still show the old style edit with the 6 little icons when I highlight an image. This still has the "x" for removing image. This is good. I do not see that functionality on the new editor and it is needed. Good luck to all

Last edited:

Yan

Hi Yan, what I learned was that you have to change also the 1rst pic by the gallery that is by the product options. If you do that then it'll change at the front also. Hope it'll help

Thank you Peachy chris! I'll look for the product options!

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Alternatively, you can upload your featured image to your server. Add it to the product options (Gallery) from Media, edit and set it as the featured images. This way you can save changes you have made to the picture as well.

Noname

I have updated AliDropship latest plugin. I have downloaded AliDropship editor extension chrome. I have updated the theme that I am using. When I clicked AliDropship direct import button, it took me to AliExpress website. I chose a product and clicked edit button located at AliExpress top banner. I went to gallery and tried to edit some product photos. However when I hovered my mouse over some photos, the editor brush icon which should appear on the top right corner of the photos as shown on the video guide as posted by Yaros, does not appear on the photos that i wanted to edit which made me unable to use the editor to edit anything on the photos. I tried different products from AliExpress but the problem is the same. What could be the issue?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I have updated AliDropship latest plugin. I have downloaded AliDropship editor extension chrome. I have updated the theme that I am using. When I clicked AliDropship direct import button, it took me to AliExpress website. I chose a product and clicked edit button located at AliExpress top banner. I went to gallery and tried to edit some product photos. However when I hovered my mouse over some photos, the editor brush icon which should appear on the top right corner of the photos as shown on the video guide as posted by Yaros, does not appear on the photos that i wanted to edit which made me unable to use the editor to edit anything on the photos. I tried different products from AliExpress but the problem is the same. What could be the issue?
I am afraid I was unable to reproduce the issue in my Chrome Extension. Could you please send me your WP credentials, we'll have a closer look.

johnweyer

. I have observed that if you change the size in Edit, the image will not show on homepage. This is OK, we just must be aware to not alter the size of that image and only use brush or erase or sticker.

I must correct this. The image is in the media library and using "Set featured image" on the WP edit product page will work to correct this and have it show on home page. I don't know if this is only for me, but on my site this is how it is. And I am fine with it, this is a great editing tool. Thank you AliDropship team

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I must correct this. The image is in the media library and using "Set featured image" on the WP edit product page will work to correct this and have it show on home page. I don't know if this is only for me, but on my site this is how it is. And I am fine with it, this is a great editing tool. Thank you AliDropship team
Indeed, the Editor works just fine with featured images which have been uploaded to the server. It is not necessary to upload other images to Media. The issue persists for featured images only.

dewdeals

Pls is Alidropship edition extension a separate tool? I don't know how to integrate the photo edition to my alidropship plugin any help pls

Direct Webstore

Pls is Alidropship edition extension a separate tool? I don't know how to integrate the photo edition to my alidropship plugin any help pls

No, it's not separate. It's built in. When you edit a product ... scroll down and click "Gallery" ... then click the "Pencil Icon" to edit the image.

Ataya961

@Yaros @Ekaterina Sayapina
Just a small suggestion that would help us save more time editing images:

I usually use photoshop to make images look good for sharing on facebook and twitter and I think if you are able to add the optimal image ratio for facebook (1.91:1) and twitter (2:1 I think) in the size section for this addon it will really save time. That way we can choose the right ratio to the image, add a sticker to it and it will be ready to share on social media.

What do you guys think, is this a good idea?

Ataya961

Doesn't Facebook resize the image anyway?

I think it either resizes or crops the image, i'm not sure. but if we are able to do it ourselves we will have more control and we will be able to make sure that the visible part of the image shared on facebook shows our product instead of facebook automatically resizing and leaving important parts of the image outside the visible area.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

@Yaros @Ekaterina Sayapina
Just a small suggestion that would help us save more time editing images:

I usually use photoshop to make images look good for sharing on facebook and twitter and I think if you are able to add the optimal image ratio for facebook (1.91:1) and twitter (2:1 I think) in the size section for this addon it will really save time. That way we can choose the right ratio to the image, add a sticker to it and it will be ready to share on social media.

What do you guys think, is this a good idea?
Thanks for your feedback! We are going to add more sizing options to Image Editor soon.