Best Hosting Plan

Mar

About Kath3389's question. he said: "Hi i am looking on transferring my site to interserver and would like to get lil bit of help :) is the wordpress vps the right one to get? thanks in advance"
Just sent you the same answer in PM.

venkasanka

@Mar I need your advice on migrating my hosting service to interserver. I have read all your recommendations about hosting service and finally decided to go with interserver but I am in a dilemma whether to go with standard web hosting or Cloud VPS hosting? I have sent you a separate message with my store details so can you pls advise me. thanks.

Reactions: Mar

syahruldoank

@Mar I need your advice on migrating my hosting service to interserver. I have read all your recommendations about hosting service and finally decided to go with interserver but I am in a dilemma whether to go with standard web hosting or Cloud VPS hosting? I have sent you a separate message with my store details so can you pls advise me. thanks.
Just try with standard web hosting, @Mar said to me.

Mar

Just replied your PM.

Johnny Hook

my hosting it is at a2hosting for several years, no Im using prestige+ managed VPS (https://www.a2hosting.com/vps-hosting/managed)

Honestly to say, it seems that a2hosting is to expensive, and storage is too limited vs interserver that you promote.

I was amazed how cheap it is at first look. No I'm in a big dilemma:rolleyes::p

Could you advise me please guys, the standard web hosting which they offer, it is a good choice?

@Mar I see that you are recommending standard web hosting. It does work well?

@Direct Webstore how about for you? it is working well? Which plans do you recommend to move one?

Mar

my hosting it is at a2hosting for several years, no Im using prestige+ managed VPS (https://www.a2hosting.com/vps-hosting/managed)

Honestly to say, it seems that a2hosting is to expensive, and storage is too limited vs interserver that you promote.

I was amazed how cheap it is at first look. No I'm in a big dilemma:rolleyes::p

Could you advise me please guys, the standard web hosting which they offer, it is a good choice?

@Mar I see that you are recommending standard web hosting. It does work well?

@Direct Webstore how about for you? it is working well? Which plans do you recommend to move one?
I assume you saw my posts about InterSever. My sites has been with a number of host providers including a2hosting. Never lasted for more than three months. I have moved my sites for various reasons. I don't tolerate host providers that don't meet my standards, especially the ones that are expensive. The reason is because I pay. I am in this host provider 15 months now to be exact and not thinking a bit of moving again. That alone will tell you InterServer is good for many reasons. The Standard Web Hosting is good enough for my two sites with a total of more than 2,000 products. Start with the Standard Web Hosting. What's important is you have moved your site and it would be easy to upgrade if you want. But chances are you will not upgrade. It is free for the first month, so it will not cost you a cent to register and request the migration.

Direct Webstore

I am in this host provider 15 months now to be exact and not thinking a bit of moving again. That alone will tell you InterServer is good for many reasons. The Standard Web Hosting is good enough for my two sites with a total of more than 2,000 products.
I have 4 sites and around 3000 products and no problems with Intersever either.

EDIT: Got another 4 sites on Hostgator Business Cloud which is just as good, but more expensive, but when the contract is up this year, I will be opening a second Interserver account and move them to there. (2 Interserver accounts, 4 sites each)

Last edited:

Johnny Hook

I have 4 sites and around 3000 products and no problems with Intersever either.

EDIT: Got another 4 sites on Hostgator Business Cloud which is just as good, but more expensive, but when the contract is up this year, I will be opening a second Interserver account and move them to there. (2 Interserver accounts, 4 sites each)

Are you opening the 2nd Interserver account because it may reduce the „speed” of the 1st account?

Johnny Hook

I will do a backup with UpdraftPlus and will test everything.
For now I bought web standard from Interserver just for one month. It's good that a2hosting is offering the ability to claim for a prorated refund for the remaining balance of web hosting term.

Johnny Hook

It depend on the activities of the website. RAM and other resource usage change, check again later. It was so fast, is the screenshot of InterServer cPanel?

Yep. Is the screenshot from InterServer.
I talked to them and they proposed me to upgrade to IS BOOST 2 Cores .

with this configuration IS Boost 2 Cores SPEED 200% MySQL SPEED 800% MEM 4G IO 8MB/s MySQL IO 2.86G/s IOPS 2048 PNO 200 (number of processes) EP 60 (entry Processes) Inode 800,000 400 e-mails/hr $9.95 per month

Mar

Yep. Is the screenshot from InterServer.
I talked to them and they proposed me to upgrade to IS BOOST 2 Cores .

with this configuration IS Boost 2 Cores SPEED 200% MySQL SPEED 800% MEM 4G IO 8MB/s MySQL IO 2.86G/s IOPS 2048 PNO 200 (number of processes) EP 60 (entry Processes) Inode 800,000 400 e-mails/hr $9.95 per month
That is what I have at the moment. I agreed to add the resources with out changing anything else. Actually I have upgraded with their VPS, just for a try. I cancelled it. Not because it is bad, but because I saw no improvement. I stick with this plan this time because this is the plan that resolved a number of issues.