Best Hosting Plan

neeraj89

For me, siteground is working good so far. 2 years with 2 growbig plans. Support is best with no downtime in my case. Not sure about others..

neeraj89

You're the only one then. This forum is full of horror stories about Siteground. It may be OK for a single site that's not too big though. (Space restrictions)
Yes it is small i guess. I have only 2 websites on one plan. Total 4 on two plans. Only 150- 200 products per website. Not sure how it will work with mid or big websites.

Last edited:

Mar

Sorry for bad English. May I know what hosting you used in the past 20 years?
If you don't mind me telling you the host provider I was with, even before dropshipping:
  • iPage
  • Bluehost
  • Siteground
  • A2 Hosting
  • Hostinger
  • Namecheap
  • Hostwinds
  • InterServer (Current)
Two times with Siteground. I transferred my site to A2 Hosting and came back since my account was still active then, hoping they have improved, but it was getting worse so I left again.

Except InterServer where it's been more than five months now, I never last for more than two months in one host provider. In Hostinger, it was less than a week. They could not even migrate the site and load properly. I tried Hostgator. Again, they were not able to migrate the site in eight days until I cancelled. I did not include it in the list since the site never load with them.

In all of the above, Siteground is the most expensive. It is a proof that being expensive is not always better. Among other issues, the worst of Siteground is their resource usage limits that is like a matter of life and death. Resource usage limit that don't even exist in other host providers. My disk usage now is 22.87 GB with 896.47 MB data base size. The $5.00/mo. InterServer never said a word about it. I can't imagine if it was Siteground, the site would not be only suspended, I am sure it is banned.

neeraj89

If you don't mind me telling you the host provider I was with, even before dropshipping:
  • iPage
  • Bluehost
  • Siteground
  • A2 Hosting
  • Hostinger
  • Namecheap
  • Hostwinds
  • InterServer (Current)
Two times with Siteground. I transferred my site to A2 Hosting and came back since my account was still active then, hoping they have improved, but it was getting worse so I left again.

Except InterServer where it's been more than five months now, I never last for more than two months in one host provider. In Hostinger, it was less than a week. They could not even migrate the site and load properly. I tried Hostgator. Again, they were not able to migrate the site in eight days until I cancelled. I did not include it in the list since the site never load with them.

In all of the above, Siteground is the most expensive. It is a proof that being expensive is not always better. Among other issues, the worst of Siteground is their resource usage limits that is like a matter of life and death. Resource usage limit that don't even exist in other host providers. My disk usage now is 22.87 GB with 896.47 MB data base size. The $5.00/mo. InterServer never said a word about it. I can't imagine if it was Siteground, the site would not be only suspended, I am sure it is banned.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will look forward to change in future.

Kath3389

If you don't mind me answering your question, I have 2,256 products with 43413 variations and counting with 22.08GB disk usage. The issue of high CPU usage with auto update activated was resolved when I signed up to this $5.00/mo Standard Web Hosting. I cannot even activate Social Rabbit then, it crashed my site. Now auto update is activated and Social Rabbit is running. The screenshot below is of one of my site. I just add content to my second site in the same server and everything is running fine with no issue at all.

View attachment 9345

View attachment 9346
Hi i am looking on transferring my site to interserver and would like to get lil bit of help :) is the wordpress vps the right one to get? thanks in advance

im not affiliated with Alidropship, but i do know they have their own hosting plans ... this also allows for extensive use of Social rabbit and its use of Proxies - which could be beneficial ...

iDan

Hi, im new here and i also thought to use SiteGround according to many great reviews on youtube. guess that idea is out of the window now.

So just wanted to thank you Webstore.
i will check interserver :)

oops, apprently i missed lots of messages on this topic, ill get back on reading.

~edit,
@Mar AliWoo should work fine on interserver, right? also, why does the aliwoo has some complains compared to the original ali?
im gonna buy the host and the plugin in a day or two, so i hope you dont mind me asking.

Last edited:

Mar

Hi, im new here and i also thought to use SiteGround according to many great reviews on youtube. guess that idea is out of the window now.

So just wanted to thank you Webstore.
i will check interserver :)

oops, apprently i missed lots of messages on this topic, ill get back on reading.

~edit,
@Mar AliWoo should work fine on interserver, right? also, why does the aliwoo has some complains compared to the original ali?
im gonna buy the host and the plugin in a day or two, so i hope you dont mind me asking.
Both version, the original or the woo work just fine on InterServer. Compared to the woo version, the original plugin is hard coded. Customization is very limited and is only compatible with themes created by Alidropship, making it function only what it is designed for with less issues but with generic looking sites. On the other hand, the woo version has a wide customization option and is compatible with many themes and plugins making your site look the way you want it. Along with it of course are more issues than the original version. With the learning curve that the woo version require and more issues, it is worth and I prefer the version.

I assume you have read everything in this thread including the number of products my site have which is one issue resolved by the server of this host provider.

iDan

Both version, the original or the woo work just fine on InterServer. Compared to the woo version, the original plugin is hard coded. Customization is very limited and is only compatible with themes created by Alidropship, making it function only what it is designed for with less issues but with generic looking sites. On the other hand, the woo version has a wide customization option and is compatible with many themes and plugins making your site look the way you want it. Along with it of course are more issues than the original version. With the learning curve that the woo version require and more issues, it is worth and I prefer the version.

I assume you have read everything in this thread including the number of products my site have which is one issue resolved by the server of this host provider.

yes i did read it all, thanks :)

despite the customization abilities, what about site slowness and cpu/storage usage? is this no longer a thing with the woo version? i saw some complains on this matter in other threads.

thank you for your reply.

Mar

yes i did read it all, thanks :)

despite the customization abilities, what about site slowness and cpu/storage usage? is this no longer a thing with the woo version? i saw some complains on this matter in other threads.

thank you for your reply.
My site load in 2.6s. Woocommerce version slowness is without basis. There are many factors that make a site load slow and the plugin version has nothing to do with it. InterServer has unlimited disk space usage, see screenshot below, including CPU and Data base disk usage. If it is Siteground who treat this limits like a life and death issue, I am sure the site has been banned.

1564807255172.png

1564808380804.png