Bad experience with 2checkout

soona

I had a bad experience with 2checkout
I started my business 5 months ago and i made a good profit just from facebook ads
Then one day i received an order with a big amount ,the buyer ordered smartphones costs 995$,
as always i bought the products from aliexpress and shipped his order with DHL
After a few weeks the buyer asked a refund from 2checkout without contacting us
2checkout accept this refund without asking me to proof the shipment and the answer was This is agreement between us and banks and we can't do anything for you
And they hold my weekly payment to verify my account

Then this buyer reorder again from my store with about 3000$ with differents names but the same shipping address
The shipping address was :600 Markley St. Suite 073820, Port Reading, New Jersey, 07064, United States,
when i google this address i found many sellers had the same problem and he is a scam buyer using stolen cards
and i didnt know what should i do ,if i refund the orders the refund rate (must be less than 10%) will be high and 2checkout will close my account , and if i keep it i am sure that will be a high percentage of chargeback requesting in future

Yesterday as i expected one of the cardholders asked for chargeback and 2checkout closed my account with all my money and refunded all the last orders made from this buyer
I lost my money and products that i shipped
When i contacted 2checkout the answer was :
Our banking partners require us to close accounts that reach this level of fraudulent activity that has been processed through your account
Unfortunately, we cannot protect you 100% against fraud. Our fraud prevention service is a tool for sellers to use to help combat against fraud. Our fraud prevention service should not be the only fraud protection for your sales. Sellers are responsible for their buyers and for their sales. Sellers are responsible for the fraudulent activity on their accounts. Unfortunately, fraudulent transactions are part of the risk of doing business online. Our core service is to process your payment, it is beyond the scope of our services to prevent fraud 100% of the time.

Now i am depressed and feeling bad because it is not fair , how can i know if the buyer using his card or not and any buyer can buy a lot of things with a huge amount and easy asked for refund from 2checkout!

Now paypal not available in my country (russia) i have to register my business
stripe also not available
How can i get my payment in my store?
And how can i protect my self so will not happen again?

Thanks for your time

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I had a bad experience with 2checkout
I started my business 5 months ago and i made a good profit just from facebook ads
Then one day i received an order with a big amount ,the buyer ordered smartphones costs 995$,
as always i bought the products from aliexpress and shipped his order with DHL
After a few weeks the buyer asked a refund from 2checkout without contacting us
2checkout accept this refund without asking me to proof the shipment and the answer was This is agreement between us and banks and we can't do anything for you
And they hold my weekly payment to verify my account

Then this buyer reorder again from my store with about 3000$ with differents names but the same shipping address
The shipping address was :600 Markley St. Suite 073820, Port Reading, New Jersey, 07064, United States,
when i google this address i found many sellers had the same problem and he is a scam buyer using stolen cards
and i didnt know what should i do ,if i refund the orders the refund rate (must be less than 10%) will be high and 2checkout will close my account , and if i keep it i am sure that will be a high percentage of chargeback requesting in future

Yesterday as i expected one of the cardholders asked for chargeback and 2checkout closed my account with all my money and refunded all the last orders made from this buyer
I lost my money and products that i shipped
When i contacted 2checkout the answer was :
Our banking partners require us to close accounts that reach this level of fraudulent activity that has been processed through your account
Unfortunately, we cannot protect you 100% against fraud. Our fraud prevention service is a tool for sellers to use to help combat against fraud. Our fraud prevention service should not be the only fraud protection for your sales. Sellers are responsible for their buyers and for their sales. Sellers are responsible for the fraudulent activity on their accounts. Unfortunately, fraudulent transactions are part of the risk of doing business online. Our core service is to process your payment, it is beyond the scope of our services to prevent fraud 100% of the time.

Now i am depressed and feeling bad because it is not fair , how can i know if the buyer using his card or not and any buyer can buy a lot of things with a huge amount and easy asked for refund from 2checkout!

Now paypal not available in my country (russia) i have to register my business
stripe also not available
How can i get my payment in my store?
And how can i protect my self so will not happen again?

Thanks for your time
Hello, you have to be very attentive with such transactions and contact the customer as you receive such order. Also , you may wait for a couple of days, don't be in a rush and don't place this order on aliexpress.com , the payment gateway usually defines such transactions like fraud but a couple of days later the order was made.
Also , please note that PayPal is available for Russia - you may use either personal or a buiseness account.

soona

Hello, you have to be very attentive with such transactions and contact the customer as you receive such order. Also , you may wait for a couple of days, don't be in a rush and don't place this order on aliexpress.com , the payment gateway usually defines such transactions like fraud but a couple of days later the order was made.
Also , please note that PayPal is available for Russia - you may use either personal or a buiseness account.

i have a personal account PayPal and there is no My selling tools option , and i tried to upgrade but i need to register my business

DaveNL

That is why i have orders above $250 wired to my bank account, if the buyer doesn't wanna wire the amount of money owed, i don't take the sale.
There are so many scammers out there and payment services like 2checkout and PayPal will ALWAYS side with the customer, na matter how good yoru evidence of foul play is.

soona

That is why i have orders above $250 wired to my bank account, if the buyer doesn't wanna wire the amount of money owed, i don't take the sale.
There are so many scammers out there and payment services like 2checkout and PayPal will ALWAYS side with the customer, na matter how good yoru evidence of foul play is.
Yes but i am still worried , what should i do when i am not comfortable with the order , should i returned or keep it ?

DaveNL

You contact the customer and ask him/her if he/she wants to wire the money to your bank account, (because they can't do chargeback on my bankaccount) i always say that it is a safety measure for first time customers that order for a high prized item, people will understand and if they don't well better lose a sale then lose the money and the product(s)

Jeany Surya

:eek::eek::eek: Damn, lucky me read this post. And i'm sorry for you. From now i will very careful with big amount order which use Payment Gateway that dont need buyer verified CC to make a payment

Yue

How do you let them wire the bank the money to your bank account?
Are you US-based?

umid20

tell your payment gateway i just want accept payment only with 3d secure supported card. then they can never do chargeback.

des1slav

tell your payment gateway i just want accept payment only with 3d secure supported card. then they can never do chargeback.
Friend, 3D secure is a conversion killer since most customers in USA don't even know what that is. It is also not supported by most cart issuers unlike in Europe. I recommend using 3D secure only for sellers with high pricing products above 200$.

Other than that is always good to use third party anti fraud tools/apps. That will minimize the risk of fraud orders. As for the case the seller describes. You always have to refund such orders. When you see the order looks fraud - different shipping from billing address, different country IP etc. Don't bee greedy. It is always better to refund the customer in case of suspicious order rather than shipping the item and risking loosing your payment gateway account.