AliWoo update for Woocommerce 3.7.0 compatibility?

Trust ADS had their hands full last couple of days getting back online ...

Meanwhile Woocommerce came out with a 3.7.0 version update - should we wait for an AliWoo update for compatibility or is it safe to update Woo now?
No hurry ... just want to know.

iDan

dont take my word on it because i dont have much experience and i dont know what kind of problems to expect, but im currently building my website using astra elementor pro and aliwoo, and i dont feel any difference in the workflow after updating the woocommerce plugin.
i dont see any errors, new unexpected behavior or glitches or anything like that.
on the other hand, as i said, im still completly new so i dont know what to expect and my website is still in building mode, only 20 products been imported so far, including today after updating woocommerce.
so far it seems fine.
if there is a specific aspect you would like me to check and test, let me know.

topraf

Hey, I've updated and can't see any diff. Generally i've updated all my 10+ Woocomm plugins without any issue. BUT there seems to be some minor errors in the debug.log related to Alidropship - nothing that seems very serious though.

. . . Meanwhile Woocommerce came out with a 3.7.0 version update - should we wait for an AliWoo update for compatibility or is it safe to update Woo now?

Any word yet? Shall we go ahead?
The hesitation being that AliWoo is quite integrated with WC functionality - WC 3.7.0 seems a jump (with a bunch of WC related plugins that need to be updated in line - along with the site's theme), so not sure if an AliWoo update is necessary or in the works for WC 3.7.0 compatibility.

Anyone?

iDan

you are still waiting?....just update already.....
make a backup in case things wont go so well, and then go for it. simple as that....

works fine. including today's update of aliwoo.

you are still waiting?....just update already.....
make a backup in case things wont go so well, and then go for it. simple as that...works fine. including today's update of aliwoo.

Same motto here :)
Thing is with WordFence, Swift and all those multi-function (great stuff) support plugins all tweaked and re-tweaked, starting to get wary of having to go through the 'wash rinse reuse' routine whenever some iffys come up. That said, was thinking the same thing ...

Aside, Mailchimp for Woo seems to be the odd one out - anyone use it in AliWoo sites? It's still at WordPress 5.1.1 - for ages, and recently up to 5.1.2 - so the version incompatibility warning is always there. Not heard from Mailchimp yet.

iDan

i use wordfence too, free version. astra+elementor pro, review plugin, search plugin and more. no conflict so far.
and yet, always make a back up first. who knows what could go wrong.

i have mailchimp for woo too. no conflict yet, although im just using it for testing purposes at the moment.

mailchimp shouldnt bother you much, its just a mailing service that doesnt effect much on wordpress core.
sometimes a plugin doesnt need an update - although its sad they are not adding new functions, it doesnt mean it doesnt work for current version.

iDan

my bad, not everything is fine. i got this error after updating aliwoo, didnt notice it until now:
error in wp data base:
1567761959589.png

and when i import products through aliexpress, it imports without the main gallery images. at first i thought this issue was on my end maybe by deleting them without noticing, but i imoprted 5 products by now (after updating aliwoo) and this issue happend each time.

. . . when i import products through aliexpress, it imports without the main gallery images. at first i thought this issue was on my end maybe by deleting them without noticing, but i imoprted 5 products by now (after updating aliwoo) and this issue happend each time.

FYI, updated to the latest AliWoo but not yet on WC 3.7.0
Just imported 5 products from AliE to check - works fine - main gallery images all in. So not sure if it has to do with WC 3.7.0 since AliWoo update on its own didn't affect import.

Last edited:

iDan

yea, i dont think this is aliwoo issue, because i have a fatal error on seo plugin since this morning too.
it might be the reason, playing with images alts or something, i dont know yet. im still investigating, will update when i figure it out.