AliShipping add-on for beta test - get the original AliExpress shipping methods on your store!

alexja33

I'm interested in this plugin alishipping, but I have doubts about the currency. If I sell in euros or any other currency does it convert the currency as in an alidropship plugin? Or is shipping only in US dollars?

Direct Webstore

does it convert the currency as in an alidropship plugin?
It, itself does not convert. The Alidropship plugin does that for the whole site. It displays the shipping in your stores base currency that you have set in the Alidropship plugin.

So if your store's base currency is Euros, the shipping prices will be in Euros, for you.

For your customers, the currency will be in their currency if you have it selected as one of the Additional Currencies in the Alidropship settings.

The final checkout product price and shipping price will be in your store's base currency.

alexja33

Thanks for the answer, forgive me the inconvenience but how is it in the case of the image below when the product is free shipping via aliexpress direct but over 30 dollars? How will alishipping work? What if the customer places other products that are not part of the aliexpress direct shipping? Thanks in advance!

double.png

Mar

The default selection of shipping methods is always the first at the top making the total price high at first glance. It would be nice if the default selection is always at Free shipping, or position Free shipping at the top so the price will start at the lowest and not surprise buyers.
During the beta test, I suggested the above. It is not nice to surprise the buyer with the high price because the paid shipping is at the top and the default while the free shipping is below it. The suggestion was implemented, now after the updates the paid shipping is again at the top. To the team, please place the free shipping at the top again.

1595168944246.png

chris37

During the beta test, I suggested the above. It is not nice to surprise the buyer with the high price because the paid shipping is at the top and the default while the free shipping is below it. The suggestion was implemented, now after the updates the paid shipping is again at the top. To the team, please place the free shipping at the top again.

View attachment 12414

The alishipping place the position depending of the aliexpress price so the cheapest price go first...
You set up the epacket in your site to show free shipping but if you go to aliexpres you find tha epacket now have higher price from register air mail,

so the alishipping follow this formula, to show epacket the second more cheap. Is not matter if you set up epacket free shipping in your site because the position is dependent of the price in aliexpress shipping method .

The update didnt effect the way plugin work..just epacket have higher fee now and show below other cheaper method.

Achal

There is a very serious problem with alishipping plugin if you are using alispress products and your our products too. When contacted alidropship reps say alidropship is primarily only for aliexpress products and all across their website and blogs it is promoted that you can add your own products too. Alidropship plugin gives an option to do that by giving priority to alishipping shipping methods over alidropship shipping method. Here is the problem which makes your website useless..when you have activated both shipping options which you will have to if you add your own local products the cart page for aliexpress imported products shows shipping as free even though the shipping method automatically selected by alishipping shows its not free..so customer sees a crazy cart page in which for example selected shipping method says 10 dollars as shipping cost this amount is not added to the final cost of the product. Instead just below the shipping methods where product cost and shipping cost are added to reach the final cost the shipping cost of zero is added..This is a critical error because customer will see thought shipping method cost of ten dollars is auto selected it is not added in final cost..customer will surely click on buy option as he has nothing to select and he or she will not be charged for shipping even though there is a big component of shipping cost which was auto selected but not added to the product price..screen shot attached shows it all..contacted alidropship a couple of times but no response 25B40B02-3354-4DA6-9FC5-E8C44DCB9F62.png

Mar

so the alishipping follow this formula, to show epacket the second more cheap. Is not matter if you set up epacket free shipping in your site because the position is dependent of the price in aliexpress shipping method .
The suggestion was implemented regardless of the order of shipping method in AliExpress.
The update didnt effect the way plugin work..just epacket have higher fee now and show below other cheaper method.
In the screenshot, epacket is free so it should be at the top. In fact what was implemented was the suggestion to position the cheapest shipping cost at the top, regardless of what shipping method it is.

Direct Webstore

alidropship is primarily only for aliexpress products
It IS. Just lose your own inserted word of "primarily". It's for Aliexpress products, period. But like many things it "can" be used for other purposes if one REALLY wants to. (End of story)

...but anyway

and all across their website and blogs it is promoted that you can add your own products
Again, You "can". But it is NOT "promoted" (for God's sake!) all over "their website and blogs" AT ALL. All I've seen a "few" comments here in the "forum" from members and staff mentioning that you "can" (including me in the past) and that's it. The limitations have ALSO been mentioned in this forum before.

Stop being such an overly exaggerating drama queen and get your facts straight.

But the fact that you "can" does NOT mean the plugin was designed for that. Which explains the limitations, OBVIOUSLY. But if one is keen enough and adaptable enough, they can make do. e.g I list print on demand t-shirts among the Aliexpress products on one of my sites with no problems.

It's like ... You "can" use an axe as a hammer, but again, there are limitations. (Too heavy, not as accurate etc), but if you really want to, you still "can".

contacted alidropship a couple of times but no response
I contacted the axe company to complain that their axe does not work well as a hammer couple of times, but no response yet.

Please try to use common sense.

*sigh*

Last edited:

chris37

In the screenshot, epacket is free so it should be at the top. In fact what was implemented was the suggestion to position the cheapest shipping cost at the top, regardless of what shipping method it is.

Alishipping not caring if you set up epacket free shipping in your site,if in aliexpress was not the cheapest option, alishipping is not gonna place it at the top.

I was suggested before to the team for the case one option is cheaper from epacket, to automatically set up this option free shipping, but nobody respond back to me.

In screenshot epacket is free in your site , but do is free in aliexpress?

Don't get me wrong epacket from the time we set it free shipping must always be at the top, I agree with you.. just the plugin not working this way

Last edited:

Mar

In screenshot epacket is free in your site , but do is free in aliexpress?
It should be free in AliExpress. What is the point of using the add-on if it don't reflect of what is in AliExpress?
Don't get me wrong epacket from the time we set it free shipping must always be at the top, I agree with you.. just the plugin not working this way
Again when I suggested to make the cheapest at the top so that it will be the default, it was implemented regardless of the shipping method, as long as it is the cheapest. The plugin just work that way. I want it back for obvious reason.

Mar

View attachment 12414
Attention support team, I am waiting for a word about this,