AliShipping add-on for beta test - get the original AliExpress shipping methods on your store!

Yaros

Staff member
Does it mean we do not need to use free shipping anymore after installing this add on and let customers to decide which way & how fast they want ? Neither we need to worry about shipping charges?
it is up to you.

ibrendan

I'm quite excited about this, to tell the truth, as this opens the door for shipping to countries outside of the epacket sphere. Does anyone have a list of countries to avoid in the list of shipping destinations? I'm assuming Afganistan and Somalia are among them...

ibrendan

First off, WELL DONE! This is a great new feature and will definitely benefit my store.

Initial thoughts:
  1. I'd like to be able to edit the shipping titles before adding them to all products.
  2. I'd like to be able to edit the shipping costs using rules.
  3. I think this should be a standard feature of Alidropship
Keep up the great work, looking forward to new developments.

This is perhaps the best addon. Works great.

I have one suggestion. Would it be possible to have an option to display the shipping rates for the first 3-5 delivery options only with the names replaced. For instance, we can have:
1. Super Saver Delivery
2. Economy Delivery
3. Priority Air Mail
4. Express Delivery
5. First Class
This would give a cleaner and more standard look.

Normally, reasonable shipping costs are included within the first 5 options. The rest seems to be over the top (Fedex and DHL) charging over $30 per item with some items being charged as much as $80.

Yaros

Staff member
This is perhaps the best addon. Works great.

I have one suggestion. Would it be possible to have an option to display the shipping rates for the first 3-5 delivery options only with the names replaced. For instance, we can have:
1. Super Saver Delivery
2. Economy Delivery
3. Priority Air Mail
4. Express Delivery
5. First Class
This would give a cleaner and more standard look.

Normally, reasonable shipping costs are included within the first 5 options. The rest seems to be over the top (Fedex and DHL) charging over $30 per item with some items being charged as much as $80.
Do you mean that we need to ignore express shipping methods with expensive rates? As for the names you can edit them.

Do you mean that we need to ignore express shipping methods with expensive rates? As for the names you can edit them.
Thank you for the reply.

For the item below, there are three delivery options available.
IMG_20190517_215433.jpg
If the one on top was automatically renamed Super Saver Delivery, the next ones being Economy delivery and Priority Air Mail, the checkout process would look more professional.

The other item (screenshot provided below) has over 10 options.
Screenshot_2019-05-17-21-28-35-393_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-17-21-29-03-126_com.android.chrome.jpg

It sort of looks all over the place with different couriers listed. The first five options seems to be great on the other hand. So if we could limit the number of delivery options to 5 and can have them automatically renamed in order:
1. Super Saver Delivery
2. Economy Delivery
3. Priority Air Mail
4. Express Delivery
5. First Class

This would give make the checkout process much more easier. As the customer will only be concenred with pricing and delivery time instead of knowing the couriers name.

Last edited:
It would make the checkout process like those of Amazon, eBay and Asos, where normally four options are provided with delivery times. All items have standard shipping names and the customer chooses between them. Also, when a customer adds more than one product in the cart and goes to checkout, they would get a standardized experience. So lets say, the first item has one option, so they get to select super saver delivery. If the next item has five options, they get
1. Super Saver Delivery
2. Economy Delivery
3. Priority Air Mail
4. Express Delivery
5. First Class
However, if the third item has 3 options, they get
1. Super Saver Delivery
2. Economy Delivery
3. Priority Air Mail

I just feel it would look cleaner and more professional.

With regards to renaming the shipping methods, let say I renamed ePacket into fast delivery and ali express standard to standard delivery.

If a product offers both of them, It would look like both having same delivery time but pricing will vary.

If we can automatically rename the shipping options no matter which courier they are from into a certain order, it could lessen the confusion.

Yes, it would be great if we could somehow limit the expensive rates

ibrendan

With regards to renaming the shipping methods, let say I renamed ePacket into fast delivery and ali express standard to standard delivery.

If a product offers both of them, It would look like both having same delivery time but pricing will vary.

If we can automatically rename the shipping options no matter which courier they are from into a certain order, it could lessen the confusion.

Yes, it would be great if we could somehow limit the expensive rates
Agreed!

wanbiz

First off, WELL DONE! This is a great new feature and will definitely benefit my store.

Initial thoughts:
  1. I'd like to be able to edit the shipping titles before adding them to all products.
  2. I'd like to be able to edit the shipping costs using rules.
  3. I think this should be a standard feature of Alidropship
Keep up the great work, looking forward to new developments.

I would like this feature
  1. I'd like to be able to edit the shipping costs using rules.
Because we need to calculate bank charges for the shipping cost.

Direct Webstore

Does it mean we do not need to use free shipping anymore
No. One of the shipping options can be free shipping ... but take longer. Then you have the other paid options which are quicker. It just gives the customer more choice.

let customers to decide which way & how fast they want ?
Right

Neither we need to worry about shipping charges?
I wouldn't. I'd just leave everything in your store, prices, markup formula etc the same. This addon just gives the customer more choice. But if I was a customer ... I'd go for the Free Shipping because I'm a tight ass. ;)