Aliexpress CDN issue?

oran147

Hi, today, when importing products, some of the images are broken (for variations and in the gallery as well).
I have checked on 2 sites that I have and the same issue with both, even though they are on different servers.
** It is only happening if you are using the option of uploading the images to your own server. If not, it's working fine **
I also checked on Aliexpress, and sometimes, but really rarely, the images there are broken too (not the same images that are broken on my site), but after refreshing the page, it's working fine.
I also tried to restart the product, delete and re-import, but still the same issue with the very SAME IMAGES. So I cannot fix it on my site.

I'm just wondering, is there any issue with Aliexpress CDN? Or maybe the Google Chrome extension needs to be updated since when I'm refreshing the Aliexpress site with broken images it's ok but when re-importing there are still issues with the same images?

Some examples:

1) Aliexpress issue (again, can be fixed if refreshing) :
1602846054648.png

2) My site issue (cannot be fixed even if re-importing) :
1602846112109.png

Last edited:

chris37

Hi, today, when importing products, some of the images are broken (for variations and in the gallery as well).
I have checked on 2 sites that I have and the same issue with both, even though they are on different servers.
** It is only happening if you are using the option of uploading the images to your own server. If not, it's working fine **
I also checked on Aliexpress, and sometimes, but really rarely, the images there are broken too (not the same images that are broken on my site), but after refreshing the page, it's working fine.
I also tried to restart the product, delete and re-import, but still the same issue with the very SAME IMAGES. So I cannot fix it on my site.

I'm just wondering, is there any issue with Aliexpress CDN? Or maybe the Google Chrome extension needs to be updated since when I'm refreshing the Aliexpress site with broken images it's ok but when re-importing there are still issues with the same images?

Some examples:

View attachment 13180

View attachment 13181
do you use any lazy load in your site ? if yes disable it clear cache and try again!

oran147

do you use any lazy load in your site ? if yes disable it clear cache and try again!
I have Lazy Load but it has nothing to do with this issue for 3 reasons:
1) I always had a Lazy load, never been an issue for me.
2) Not only in the frontend you can see this issue but also in the Media area of the site, the images are broken.
3) In the 2nd site that I have and there is the same issue now, there is no Lazy Load.

chris37

I have Lazy Load but it has nothing to do with this issue for 3 reasons:
1) I always had a Lazy load, never been an issue for me.
2) Not only in the frontend you can see this issue but also in the Media area of the site, the images are broken.
3) In the 2nd site that I have and there is the same issue now, there is no Lazy Load.
You have to start experiment your self for you find where the issue is in your site , because no other come here for complain about this issue.

Try deactivate all your plugin expect woocommerce and alidropship and give it a try .. you have nothing to lose !

Some examples:

View attachment 13180

View attachment 13181
I've experienced this issue before, at first I thought because I did a domain name change but later found out it isn't. I had to write to Alidropship support team, and they told me to send the product links that have broken images (which I did) and it was ok after a while. I advise you should write to support@alidropship.com

oran147

You have to start experiment your self for you find where the issue is in your site , because no other come here for complain about this issue.

Try deactivate all your plugin expect woocommerce and alidropship and give it a try .. you have nothing to lose !
Already did it friend, did not help at all... I really think that the issue is in Aliexpress since it is happening with the same images after deleting and re-importing. Also, the 2 sites are very different but still, same issue...

wallacemix

Some examples:

View attachment 13180

View attachment 13181
What you can do momentarily until the plugin team resolves, if I had a problem, is to place the missing images manually.

oran147

What you can do momentarily until the plugin team resolves, if I had a problem, is to place the missing images manually.
Yes, thank you.
Also, want to ask the guys that using the feature of uploading the images to their server if they have the same issue...

wallacemix

Yes, thank you.
Also, want to ask the guys that using the feature of uploading the images to their server if they have the same issue...
I leave the images out of my service, but many times I mold and upload them, either in the description or variants, the only problem if you have some variants that you don't want, the images of the variants that you want to remain are also excluded, I think it is a plugin error, so I have to make it available manually, but so far I have not had any problems with the image break.

oran147

I leave the images out of my service, but many times I mold and upload them, either in the description or variants, the only problem if you have some variants that you don't want, the images of the variants that you want to remain are also excluded, I think it is a plugin error, so I have to make it available manually, but so far I have not had any problems with the image break.
Yes as I said, if you are not uploading images to your server, it will not happen to you :)

kdb

I kept all the images on my website hosting except the description images. so didn't face this issue, however sometimes the aliexpress spam filter might be triggered for your IP address, maybe you are downloading a lot of products or images,

I had a similar issue on my second website about a month ago. so I have stopped importing the products for about one week.

If there is bug in the plugin, the genius developers of ADS will rectify soon.

oran147

Friend, I have checked with another site of someone I know, and he is not uploading the images to his server. However, he told me that in the 'Media' section he can see some of the images are broken, and after refreshing or opening them on a new page, they are working.
Can you please check it on your site to and tell me if you are facing the same issue?
You need to check a few pages, as not for sure you will see the issue on every page.
Again, this is not my site and this is a site that is not uploading images to the server.
This is how it should look like:

1602910070736.png

1602910124707.png

farhad7970

I faced the same issue yesterday, I use WP Rocket for caching. I regenerated critical CSS files and cleaned all the cache data. seemed to worked

oran147

I faced the same issue yesterday, I use WP Rocket for caching. I regenerated critical CSS files and cleaned all the cache data. seemed to worked
I tried to clean caching, it did not work.
Also, I can see the issue on Aliexpress as well with some images... (Like the image I attached before).
It's not happening with all the products, but some of them, and some of the images...
BTW, it's not only when I'm the one that importing the product, but any other person from a different PC/user/location, etc...
You can also scroll down on Aliexpress homepage and you will find out some of the images are broken like here:
1602948806017.png

Is it normal? I don't think so...

chris37

I tried to clean caching, it did not work.
Also, I can see the issue on Aliexpress as well with some images... (Like the image I attached before).
It's not happening with all the products, but some of them, and some of the images...
BTW, it's not only when I'm the one that importing the product, but any other person from a different PC/user/location, etc...
You can also scroll down on Aliexpress homepage and you will find out some of the images are broken like here:
View attachment 13203

Is it normal? I don't think so...

I has look in too this ... is a bug from aliexpress end.. is nothing you can do there.

If is only the feature image in your site then replace it with some other working images.

oran147

I has look in too this ... is a bug from aliexpress end.. is nothing you can do there.

If is only the feature image in your site then replace it with some other working images.
Thanks!
Another proof that the issue is with Aliexpress as I was thinking from the beginning.
This is an image of one order I made today, even refreshing the page is not helping:
1602970037365.png

Direct Webstore

If An Aliexpress seller is too slack to make sure his product images are OK, do a search of the product and change to another seller who is competent.

Done.

Raafat

Some examples:

View attachment 13180

View attachment 13181
Dear....I'm having the same issue with my 2 sites... the problem started like 2 weeks ago. It still exist even after re-importing.
Please post the solution here if you come across it.
Thanks.

Direct Webstore

I bet you live in either Africa or the Middle East somewhere. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a theory/observation I have with the slightly inappropriate use of that word in non-formal English.

I see it a lot from people from those two areas. Just one of the many different variations of English, I guess. But the way this one particular word is used by them does seem awkward and strange to a native speaker like me.

Basically, it's WAY too "intimate" in non-formal English. It's only used between lovers or in formal writing in letters, emails etc. like "Dear Mr Smith ..."

In this informal forum situation, it seems to be used the same as the way it's used between lovers. That's why it's strange and awkward. lol

So my advice? Stop using it before someone answers you back with "Yes sweetheart". lol

Sorry. I was an English Teacher for 10 years. But the lesson above is free. lol ;)

Last edited:
I bet you live in either Africa or the Middle East somewhere. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a theory/observation I have with the slightly inappropriate use of that word in non-formal English.

I see it a lot from people from those two areas. Just one of the many different variations of English, I guess. But the way this one particular word is used by them does seem awkward and strange to a native speaker like me.

Basically, it's WAY too "intimate" in non-formal English. It's only used between lovers or in formal writing in letters, emails etc. like "Dear Mr Smith ..."

In this informal forum situation, it seems to be used the same as the way it's used between lovers. That's why it's strange and awkward. lol

So my advice? Stop using it before someone answers you back with "Yes sweetheart". lol

Sorry. I was an English Teacher for 10 years. But the lesson above is free. lol ;)
Haha.... funny and true but I must also add that not all Africans or Middle Easterns use the word 'Dear' casually like that. I'm an African living in Asia and I know that you don't use the word casually on strangers, who knows... you might be getting a love letter next in your inbox;)