AliDropship Themes Update

• Thread starter Ekaterina Sayapina
  • Start date
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Track order disappear after search
Hello,

I'd appreciate if you could be more specific. What theme do you use? What do you mean by "Track order disappear after search"? Could you please send me a screenshot illustrating the issue?

kdb

I mean that as a customer if use the tracking code on my website to search for tracking status then search show the page of 17tracking then disappear.

Direct Webstore

I don't like that 17tracking page anyway as it has a Google Adsense ad in the search results, and it may show an ad from Aliexpress with one of your products. (They're contextual ads). Actually, I don't like any ads on my sites.

If you like experimenting, you can use an alternative like this iframe for Aftership ... Just edit the Track Your Order page and replace the shortcode there with it.

IMPORTANT! ... In the TEXT tab of the editor!

<h5 style="text-align: center;">Note: It can take several days for tracking to be available.</h5>
<center><iframe src="https://track.aftership.com/" width="100%" height="1950" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></center>

... and make a copy of the shortcode before you replace it in case you don't like the iframe above.

:)

Last edited:

ofuroinu

I don't like that 17tracking page anyway as it has a Google Adsense ad in the search results, and it may show an ad from Aliexpress with one of your products. (They're contextual ads). Actually, I don't like any ads on my sites.

If you like experimenting, you can use an alternative like this iframe for Aftership ... Just edit the Track Your Order page and replace the shortcode there with it.

IMPORTANT! ... In the TEXT tab of the editor!

<h5 style="text-align: center;">Note: It can take several days for tracking to be available.</h5>
<center><iframe src="https://track.aftership.com/" width="100%" height="1950" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></center>

... and make a copy of the shortcode before you replace it in case you don't like the iframe above.

I just noticed did.
ADS theme any way to hide the adsense?
How to edit the page I cant find the editor selection

In HTML
<p>[ads-track]</p>

Direct Webstore

ADS theme any way to hide the adsense?
No ... because this ...

[ads-track]
... links to another iFrame in one of the theme files. I forget which one.

You don't have any control over the contents of an iFrame as the contents are hosted on a remote site. In this case ... 17Track's site.

That's why I used to use the Aftership iFrame above instead ... no ads. And no Chinese writing either.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

How to edit the page I cant find the editor selection

1. Go to WP-Admin>Pages
2. Edit "Track your Order" page.
3. There are 2 tabs on the top right, "Visual" and "Text" ... Click and select "Text"
4. Delete [ads-track]
5. Paste the Aftership iFrame code above
6. Save

You may not like it ... but I do. If not ... just paste [ads-track] back again. (In the "Visual" tab.)

If you don't like iFrames ... Aftership has some Java code snippets you can use ... https://www.aftership.com/apps/track-button
I tried it a long time ago and did not like it ... I can't remember why now. But I must have had a good reason ... lol

Actually, I don't even use the tracking page anymore. It's overkill. The customers get a tracking link in their emails and go directly to 17Track. That's good enough. The tracking page on your site is just unnecessary "eye candy" since they implemented the link in the emails.
eBay doesn't have one, you just get tracking links from the sellers in an email.

Last edited:

ofuroinu

1. Go to WP-Admin>Pages
2. Edit "Track your Order" page.
3. There are 2 tabs on the top right, "Visual" and "Text" ... Click and select "Text"
4. Delete [ads-track]
5. Paste the Aftership iFrame code above
6. Save

You may not like it ... but I do. If not ... just paste [ads-track] back again. (In the "Visual" tab.)

If you don't like iFrames ... Aftership has some Java code snippets you can use ... https://www.aftership.com/apps/track-button
I tried it a long time ago and did not like it ... I can't remember why now. But I must have had a good reason ... lol

Actually, I don't even use the tracking page anymore. It's overkill. The customers get a tracking link in their emails and go directly to 17Track. That's good enough. The tracking page on your site is just unnecessary "eye candy" since they implemented the link in the emails.
eBay doesn't have one, you just get tracking links from the sellers in an email.

Finally I did it with iframe you offered above but the social icons of aftership a little bothering... near the tracking box

Direct Webstore

the social icons of aftership a little bothering... near the tracking box
Yeah. That's another reason I gave up on the Tracking Page.
It's really not necessary now that a tracking link is in the email. It's much easier for the customer to click that, rather than go to your site and copy/paste a tracking code into the box and hitting the submit button.

Another reason is that the Aftership iFrame gives a selection of Postal Carriers to choose from (that's why the iFrame has such a big height setting) Many customers may be confused as to which carrier to click.

So I scrapped it altogether.

But for people who insist on having a tracking page ... it's better than that 17Track one with the Adsense ads.

You could explore that link above for the Java code version ... I can't remember why I didn't like it ... but maybe you will.

ofuroinu

Yeah. That's another reason I gave up on the Tracking Page.
It's really not necessary now that a tracking link is in the email. It's much easier for the customer to click that, rather than go to your site and copy/paste a tracking code into the box and hitting the submit button.

Another reason is that the Aftership iFrame gives a selection of Postal Carriers to choose from (that's why the iFrame has such a big height setting) Many customers may be confused as to which carrier to click.

So I scrapped it altogether.

But for people who insist on having a tracking page ... it's better than that 17Track one with the Adsense ads.

You could explore that link above for the Java code version ... I can't remember why I didn't like it ... but maybe you will.

Appreciate your help.
Now I am into setting the mail setup in woo and this is my 1st time not a simple task. I searched and found that WP SMTP is the way to go.
I have set the account as no_reply@xxxxx.com + my server for my site testing working fine. But wp smtp only allow setting one email account. and use login and pass of no_reply@ . Or there should be one main account which can authorize to send mails from any of my email accounts under same domain? I tried the contact us page and it gives error. When sending the message via flat some theme

Direct Webstore

Right, only one account. You have to use your main site email for WP-SMPT.

Have you created an email account for your site in cPanel? e.g support@yoursite.com
You have to use that one for WP_SMPT. It needs a real account to send the mails with. Not a fake "no-reply" one.

The user name would be support@yoursite.com
Plus whatever password you made for it.

In the email section that lists your email accounts is an info link probably called "Set up Mail Client" or similar that will tell you what ports it uses. Probably 465 for SMPT. It also states what security to use ... probably "SSL"

You can have other email accounts for customers to send emails to you e.g newsletter@yoursite.com ... but you only need one account for you sending emails.

I just keep it simple and use one email account for everything i.e support@mysite.com

I tried the contact us page and it gives error
Make sure the same email address is in WP-Admin>Settings>General. And also do what I said above. Sometimes it's the wrong security setting that does that. Like TLS instead of SSL

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Using WP-SMPT is OK to get started with ... but when your site is up and running further down the road, I recommend using Pepi Post. It's free account is pretty good.

ofuroinu

Right, only one account. You have to use your main site email for WP-SMPT.

Have you created an email account for your site in cPanel? e.g support@yoursite.com
You have to use that one for WP_SMPT. It needs a real account to send the mails with. Not a fake "no-reply" one.

The user name would be support@yoursite.com
Plus whatever password you made for it.

In the email section that lists your email accounts is an info link probably called "Set up Mail Client" or similar that will tell you what ports it uses. Probably 465 for SMPT. It also states what security to use ... probably "SSL"

You can have other email accounts for customers to send emails to you e.g newsletter@yoursite.com ... but you only need one account for you sending emails.

I just keep it simple and use one email account for everything i.e support@mysite.com

Make sure the same email address is in WP-Admin>Settings>General. And also do what I said above. Sometimes it's the wrong security setting that does that. Like TLS instead of SSL

I have created there email accounts

no-reply/support/admin@xxxx.com

For WP SMPT and WP-admin/Settings/General

I am using admin@xxxx.com testing is fine in WP SMPT

Now only issue is the contact us page unable to send messages.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.

Direct Webstore

I have created there email accounts ..... no-reply
You don't actually create an account for "no-reply"

There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.
Are you sure you're using the correct security? SSL, TLS etc? I remember getting that error too when I used the Original plugin ... and it was because of incorrect settings.

You come Hong Kong I will buy a Large Pizza + Pepsi Cola
So that's real authentic Cantonese food? Marco Polo must have had more influence than I thought! LOL :)

You know ... the Italians say they taught the Chinese how to make noodles, but the Chinese say they taught the Italians how to make spaghetti ... lol :)

Direct Webstore

Are you sure you're using the correct security? SSL, TLS etc? I remember getting that error too when I used the Original plugin ... and it was because of incorrect settings.
Actually, now I remember. It was a "time out" problem. Is this happening when you click the "Send test email" button in the email settings? That's where it happened to me. Or is this happening when you sent a real message from the Contact Us page?

ofuroinu

You don't actually create an account for "no-reply"
I found a post that recommend to create email and use this only for sending order/shipping notifications or newsletter which does not require replies.

On wooplugin if SSL or TLS not correct the test should have be failed but while testing in WP-SMPT I received the message.

So that's real authentic Cantonese food? Marco Polo must have had more influence than I thought! LOL :)

You know ... the Italians say they taught the Chinese how to make noodles, but the Chinese say they taught the Italians how to make spaghetti ... lol :)

Actually I love pizza that's why and if noodles I prefer Ramen on top of Canto Noodles. But rest Canto food is good.