Alidropship Extension Error: Domain Cannot Be Added & It Always Turned Off

Statesman

Has anyone with this issue had it sorted yet? Seems a lot of people have purchased a product that does not work as advertised and not a lot of help from "support"; just repeating the same advice which clearly is not solving the issue. Come on Alidropship! If I sold product that did not function as advertised with so many clients like this plug in (look at recent reviews on Google web store) I would be out of business. Sort it out; if you cant, then issue a refund so we can invest in a product that works!

Direct Webstore

Has anyone with this issue had it sorted yet?

1. Check that both Alidropship plugin and Chrome extension are the latest versions.

2. Go to WP-Admin/Settings/Permalinks and click "Save". After the page reloads ... click "Save" one more time.

Then check if the extension works.

If it's still not working, disable any security plugins on the site or Mod Security in your cPanel.

There are more things to check ... but let's see if those work first. :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Seems a lot of people have purchased a product that does not work as advertised
It works for me and many, many others ... but then I read the documentation and use the search function. I know that's not what you want to hear, you want it to work "out of the box", that's understandable ... but nothing in this world is perfect and they are constantly working to improve this great plugin. (and no, I don't work for them ... lol)

look at recent reviews on Google web store
I see many reviews like that with other plugins too. I actually just installed a "Share for Discount" plugin that everyone was saying did not work. It didn't work for me at first either, but after reading the documentation I discovered that I needed to be careful about any white-space in the callback URL. Sure enough after checking that there WAS a space and after getting rid of it ... it now works perfectly. So most of the people writing those reviews are simply not the sharpest pencils in the box and don't bother to read anything. Or they don't double check settings etc.

Last edited:

Statesman

Thank you for the reply. I have tried saving the permalinks page previously, and tried again just now (saving twice as suggested) but still no luck. This isn't my first rodeo. I have coded up web sites the old fashioned way and have other Wordpress sites selling products I hold physically, so I am well used to bugs and compatibility issues and just plain strange behaviours with code and plugins that require a bit of investigating and debugging, but I can always resolve them. I never expect anything to work out of the box as it is impossible for developers to tick off every possible conflict. What I do expect however is for the dev to help solve any issues that may arise that the consumer can not resolve despite best efforts. I have now wasted 3 days on this issue so I don't think there are any more docs or forum threads left to read. I Thought I would have a shot at the drop ship model for something different and Alidropship seemed the best option, and it probably is but as it's not working for a lot of people (and not just a few blunt pencils) it would seem there is more to it that just an end user oversight.

Direct Webstore

Thank you for the reply. I have tried saving the permalinks page previously, and tried again just now (saving twice as suggested) but still no luck. This isn't my first rodeo. I have coded up web sites the old fashioned way and have other Wordpress sites selling products I hold physically, so I am well used to bugs and compatibility issues and just plain strange behaviours with code and plugins that require a bit of investigating and debugging, but I can always resolve them. I never expect anything to work out of the box as it is impossible for developers to tick off every possible conflict. What I do expect however is for the dev to help solve any issues that may arise that the consumer can not resolve despite best efforts. I have now wasted 3 days on this issue so I don't think there are any more docs or forum threads left to read. I Thought I would have a shot at the drop ship model for something different and Alidropship seemed the best option, and it probably is but as it's not working for a lot of people (and not just a few blunt pencils) it would seem there is more to it that just an end user oversight.

Well like I said ... it works fine for me and many others so it has to be something you've done, some conflicting plugin installed or something not done.

If I was you ... my next step would be to deactivate other plugins one by one ... refreshing the page and checking to see if the extension works each time. When I had this problem ... the culprit was the Cerber Security plugin. After getting rid of it , no more problem. Now I use "Wordfence". (Which is much better than Cerber anyway)

I'd also try downloading a fresh copy of the latest plugin, deleting the old one and re-installing the new. I'd also delete the Chrome plugin and reinstall also.

If all that yields no results ... and this may be a stupid question ... but have you written to Support about it? (support@alidropship.com ) They don't monitor everything in this forum. It's mainly for members. Create a new user/password with admin rights and give it to them along with the URL to your Admin as they will probably want to check it out personally. You can delete the user after they've done.

Last edited:

Statesman

1. Check that both Alidropship plugin and Chrome extension are the latest versions.

2. Go to WP-Admin/Settings/Permalinks and click "Save". After the page reloads ... click "Save" one more time.

Then check if the extension works.

If it's still not working, disable any security plugins on the site or Mod Security in your cPanel.
*** There are no server side security settings I can manage from my ftp control panel or security plugins running on the site. I haven't done anything more that set up my domain and hosting and install my theme and basic plugins. I Appreciate your help, this is doing my head in and my wife is getting mad at me for spending so much time on my laptop swearing at it haha.

Direct Webstore

It may not be a security plugin or script. It could be anything. Actually, it IS something. You just need to find out what it is. Just write to Support. A fresh set of eyes may be able to see what you can't.

Statesman

Well like I said ... it works fine for me and many others so it has to be something you've done, some conflicting plugin installed or something not done.
*** Agree; I have no doubt there is a conflict on my end somewhere. Dev should be paying attention to the issues raised and see if there is something they can do to resolve it in the next update, rather that dismiss it as user error; regardless, it should not take this much to get it working, it's not a free app that you expect to have very little beta testing.

If I was you ... my next step would be to deactivate other plugins one by one ... refreshing the page and checking to see if the extension works each time. When I had this problem ... the culprit was the Cerber Security plugin. After getting rid of it , no more problem. Now I use "Wordfence". (Which is much better than Cerber anyway)
*** I literally deleted everything, deleted my entire Wordpress install of the server, deleted chrome and every registry entry related to chrome and started again.

I'd also try downloading a fresh copy of the latest plugin, deleting the old one and re-installing the new. I'd also delete the Chrome plugin and reinstall also.
***have done that ten times over... I get the feeling this will end up being one of those cases where it suddenly works and I'll have no idea what I did to sort it (wouldn't be the first time!) I have noticed there is no login field above the "enter Website" field in the drop down from the extension like I see in other screen shots... is this indicative of the issue or is that how the new version is?

If all that yields no results ... and this may be a stupid question ... but have you written to Support about it? (support@alidropship.com )
*** no question is a stupid question; I'm an electrician by trade and I've lost count of the call outs I've avoided by asking the customer to check the breaker board - very easy to over look the simple and assume the worst. But yes, I have contacted support with my log in details but no response (was the weekend though so I give them some grace)

They don't monitor everything in this forum. It's mainly for members. Create a new user/password with admin rights and give it to them along with the URL to your Admin as they will probably want to check it out personally. You can delete the user after they've done.

Statesman

Thanks for your time in helping to try resolve this mate, appreciate it. If I ever figure out what the issue is I'll post it up.

Statesman

Okay.... so suddenly it started working... working because support had logged in to my WP and spotted the issue, well, the oversight on my part. After wiping and reinstalling Wordpress on my server I didn't set permalinks to POST! But... …. …. my settings are now how they were on Saturday when I first installed the app and extension so the resolution to the initial issue was resolved by either the WP delete reinstall or the chrome delete/registry clean/re-install. As the WP delete reinstall was out of frustration and not common sense I would say the issue was within Chrome.
*Note to support: This shows how important it is for you guys to step in and get on the end users WP panel sooner rather than later. You guys/gals deal with this stuff more that anyone and can spot the issue very easily whereas the user can dig right past the issue and just keep digging deeper looking for more complex issues (like I did). Thanks for contacting me and sorting it out.

*DW: I'm off to buy a pencil sharpener!

WebTech

I was having the same problem. I believe my security plugin was the culprit. It renamed my login page for improved security. When I set my login page back to its normal state, the plugin authorized properly.

segunolatoye

Hello, somehow finally I can add my websites URL on the AliDropship Chrome Extension, but there is another problem. There is a red dot in the front of URL. How to turn this red dot become green dot? because I can not import the product, the response when I try to import product is "There is no active store". Please help, Thanks.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator