$28,000+ in sales with a brand new store

kingpin

Im not much on this forum these days because of sudden demise of my grandfather. I'm busy with family gatherings and rituals these days.

Will see you all later. God bless you all. enjoy your life too. Just money won't make you happy. Bye for a week

johnny

Im not much on this forum these days because of sudden demise of my grandfather. I'm busy with family gatherings and rituals these days.

Will see you all later. God bless you all. enjoy your life too. Just money won't make you happy. Bye for a week
I am sorry to hear about your loss. God bless you.

mrsoymilk

@kingpin damn, I just skimmed through all 9 pages of this post. You've got some awesome information about e-commerce. Thank you so much for all the information you've been giving. May more sales go your way!

kingpin

Hello Kingpin,

thanks for the value you add to this. your twitter hack is brilliant.

few questions:

1. you mentioned you sell B2B, with a single landing page. how you target them on facebook?

2. why you chose a general store over a niche store?

3 and why woocommerce and not simple plugin? which theme you use

thanks brother...appreciate your time

hi mate

answer 1: I use different landing pages for my products and I use facebook ads with a twist to target people who are looking for bundled products.. Sorry I wont be able to share the method of how i target these people on facebook.

2. I have many niche stores and a genearal store also. I start with general store and then create niche of products that are working great on my general store

3. I love woocommerce version because of so many plugins available on the market to enhance functionalities. I use many themes but out of all Flatsome is my fav

Reactions: Yue

Eric S.

Wonderful stuff @kingpin - 2 questions for you:
  1. Are you updating product titles and descriptions? If so is it a manual process?
  2. Are you manually manipulating the products to bundle them together? Or does woo have that functionality?
Thanks!

kingpin

Wonderful stuff @kingpin - 2 questions for you:
  1. Are you updating product titles and descriptions? If so is it a manual process?
  2. Are you manually manipulating the products to bundle them together? Or does woo have that functionality?
Thanks!

1. Yes i modify product titles making them look unique and catchy. It's a manual work. In my geberal store i have 500 Bundled products and in my niche stores i never go above 100 products. I do lot of cross sells, down-sells, upsells also

2. I do it manually. I import a particular product and bundle them with five or more other similar products and sale them as if its a wholesale price for my B2B stores. But i don't bundle products on my B2C(BUSINESS TO CUSTOMER) stores.

Woocommerce is having a feature to assign products as a group sale too. But i do it manually.

Raff

Thanks for sharing this. I also started dropshipping for almost 1 month and half but until now i have no sales :(

I sell baby products. mybabysplanet.com

lefthook030

@kingpin

thanks for the information. really curious about your targeting campaigns :)

can you share which plugin you use for upsells and opt ins in woocommerce? how does your frequence look like?

GREATTT!

Hwk886

HI all, m new here in dropshipping. All your stories are very inspiring!!!

I have checked out worldofharry, Hokagestore.com, mybabysplanet.com and noticed that almost all looks the same setup. Which software are your using? I tried shopify but i couldn't do some of the things that you guys did:
1. Blurb showing % of discounts
2. Reviews and no. of orders
3. Different payment methods - how do you know which service delivery that AliExpress are using?

I am still deciding if I should use WooCommerce, Alidropshipping, Shopify/Oberlo or something else....Appreciate if you could put up some pros and cons of these.

Thanks a lot in advance !! Really appreciate it!!

sozoalvin

all of them look the same as the site store is the same.

there are no limitations to which theme you are using. I was in your shoes once but i stuck to original alidropship plugin because i didnt have the time to meddle with wocommerce and another theme.

and shopify, a paying platform. It's a solid platform dont get me wrong - but im not a fan of paying for a platform. I'll rather pay a hosting company. Let me know if you need a good host - i could recommend.

Hwk886

Thanks Sozoalvin !!

I am a tech dummy and hence no choice but to pay a good platform. I do not know how else to get things done : (

Is Alidropshipping plugin easy to use? Cost wise is so much cheaper than Shopify ... Alidropshipping plugin is USD89 one off, but not sure how much is the transaction fee?

Shopify basic plan is USD30 per month..

Woohoo not sure...Anyone here can advise how WooHoo works ? Pros and Cons? I saw some tutorial videos from Oberlo, just a click away to import things from Aliexpress. But for WooHoo, I saw there is no such button, but need to search from WooHoo platform??

sozoalvin

Thanks Sozoalvin !!

I am a tech dummy and hence no choice but to pay a good platform. I do not know how else to get things done : (

Is Alidropshipping plugin easy to use? Cost wise is so much cheaper than Shopify ... Alidropshipping plugin is USD89 one off, but not sure how much is the transaction fee?

Shopify basic plan is USD30 per month..

Woohoo not sure...Anyone here can advise how WooHoo works ? Pros and Cons? I saw some tutorial videos from Oberlo, just a click away to import things from Aliexpress. But for WooHoo, I saw there is no such button, but need to search from WooHoo platform??

here, let me help you out. and you're welcome. i was in your shoes once so here are my 2 cents:

1) is the plugin easy to use? - well, yes it is easy to use. Besides, it's just clicking buttons right? But are there issues? yeah - you can find them in the technical forum. The transaction fees are only from paypal/ stripe or whatever payment processor you use. Alidropship does not charge you transaction fees

2) Shopify - that's for hosting only and of course give you access to their platform.

never heard of woohoo - but there's woocommerce that you'll like to find out.

flatsome theme (woocommerce ) and alidropship woo plugin seems to work well. However, it will take you more time to set up a woocommerce store than one that looks alike to worldofharry.com etc

Allow me to say this: alidropship plugin (non woo version) is meant to be plug and play. Albeit some custom inputs are required, one can set up a store in half an hour if they like but i cannot say the same with woo version :)

hope this helps! Cheers

Hwk886

Also, may I ask a stupid question?

All these alidropshipping or Shopify or Woohoo, can we use it to import from several sites? Meaning, can my store import products from various sites like AliExpress, Amazon, Taobao etc??

Appreciate your help since I am just a beginner.

thanks in advance.

Hwk886

here, let me help you out. and you're welcome. i was in your shoes once so here are my 2 cents:

1) is the plugin easy to use? - well, yes it is easy to use. Besides, it's just clicking buttons right? But are there issues? yeah - you can find them in the technical forum. The transaction fees are only from paypal/ stripe or whatever payment processor you use. Alidropship does not charge you transaction fees

2) Shopify - that's for hosting only and of course give you access to their platform.

never heard of woohoo - but there's woocommerce that you'll like to find out.

flatsome theme (woocommerce ) and alidropship woo plugin seems to work well. However, it will take you more time to set up a woocommerce store than one that looks alike to worldofharry.com etc

Allow me to say this: alidropship plugin (non woo version) is meant to be plug and play. Albeit some custom inputs are required, one can set up a store in half an hour if they like but i cannot say the same with woo version :)

hope this helps! Cheers

Thanks Sozoalvin !! you are a big help !! Thanks for the tips !!

I have further questions for Woocommerce - to me, the most , thing is the seamless import of products from Aliexpress to our store, tracks order and tracks delivery, etc. By the way , How to I add the discounts % blurb in the product photo?

sozoalvin

Thanks Sozoalvin !! you are a big help !! Thanks for the tips !!

I have further questions for Woocommerce - to me, the most , thing is the seamless import of products from Aliexpress to our store, tracks order and tracks delivery, etc. By the way , How to I add the discounts % blurb in the product photo?
for your last question, you'll have to ask the devs.

or go through some of their manuals.. im not quite sure ;) im using the original dropship plugin.

and no, you cannot import from anywhere else. However, you may be able to add your own products if you require .. manually.

gump

Kingpin,

1. So you find a good niche/product and make an individual site for it, then you run traffic to the page?
-How often do you make a niche page? How long do they take to set up?

2. You said you create a landing page with some pre-sale info... why? Why not just send them to the product page?

sozoalvin

ebay,. dhgate and amazon's products' prices have already been flipped. why would you want to dropship from a source that sells something that is already expensive?

how are you going to compete in the ecommerce space?