Issue with high CPU usage

Hi,
I am having very high CPU usage on Siteground GoGeek account. because of that my site is down. my resources limit for 2h is 8000 and my website is using 19000, and for 24h is 40000 and my website is using 127000 which is insace and because of that my website is down.

Can you please help me to fix the issue. its very urgent coz my site is down.
Thanks

Mar

Hi,
I am having very high CPU usage on Siteground GoGeek account. because of that my site is down. my resources limit for 2h is 8000 and my website is using 19000, and for 24h is 40000 and my website is using 127000 which is insace and because of that my website is down.

Can you please help me to fix the issue. its very urgent coz my site is down.
Thanks
My host provider used to be Siteground with a shared hosting plan like yours and I am not surprised. During that time my site was down every now and then due to resource usage. It was an endless discussion with their tech support with their different diagnosis that never helped, until I gave up. Every site is different and it is hard to tell your case with the only information that your site is down and those figures. Have you asked help from their support? They should be able to see the running processes that is causing the high CPU usage.

Host provider is one big factor of how your website perform and it is not so easy to find a good one. I have transferred my site a number of times only to see another kind of problems every time. Lately, I have transferred my site to a very cheap shared hosting plan and I can't believe all of those problems with my previous much more expensive VPS plans are resolved despite the much more products my site have now. If you don't mind see this thread: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/good-hosting.12129/#post-57783.

My host provider used to be Siteground with a shared hosting plan like yours and I am not surprised. During that time my site was down every now and then due to resource usage. It was an endless discussion with their tech support with their different diagnosis that never helped, until I gave up. Every site is different and it is hard to tell your case with the only information that your site is down and those figures. Have you asked help from their support? They should be able to see the running processes that is causing the high CPU usage.

Host provider is one big factor of how your website perform and it is not so easy to find a good one. I have transferred my site a number of times only to see another kind of problems every time. Lately, I have transferred my site to a very cheap shared hosting plan and I can't believe all of those problems with my previous much more expensive VPS plans are resolved despite the much more products my site have now. If you don't mind see this thread: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/good-hosting.12129/#post-57783.
that good to hear. I read your post about the interserver.net can you please tell me how many product do you have on your website and how often do you update your products and after the update what is your cpu status

Mar

that good to hear. I read your post about the interserver.net can you please tell me how many product do you have on your website and how often do you update your products and after the update what is your cpu status
I have more than 1600 products. My disk space usage is 15.9GB without backups. Just like most members here, if I activate Auto update it really max the CPU usage. I update products manually every few days, but I can run it everyday and it is not affecting CPU usage a bit. And it is not like before in my old host provider when the manual update stop every now and then. Now it really run up to 100%. Also you can run the update per category now and it is really quicker.

The thing is my site is not having errors and down time any more which is very common with the previous host provider. As I said in that thread, the plan was to transfer the site and see how it perform in the new server and it would be easy to upgrade to VPS plans. With my experience of the other host providers, I really don't expect that the site would perform like this in the cheapest shared hosting plan, and it is safe to assume that this host providers other plans would be even better. But for now, there is no reason yet to upgrade.

yepperdoodle

that sucks..so I can't use your plugin for my page...89 usd down the drain then. nice.... not happy. can i get a refund then? am gutted that i cannot use it. i really am.

Direct Webstore

that sucks..so I can't use your plugin for my page...89 usd down the drain then.
Only if you refuse to use the recommendations mentioned throughout this forum. Or even in this very thread itself.

If it's too much hassle or too difficult to search for and read those recommendations and actually implement them, you shouldn't be using the more complicated Woo plugin anyway. You should be using the much simpler to use Original plugin that does not have the CPU problem. Then you can pull your $89 back from the drain.

It's up to you though. Give up and throw your money away, or do something about it instead. That's what I and many others here have done. I've gone from Original to Woo, then back to Original, and now back to Woo again. I've experimented, tried all solutions, applied all recommendations and now everything is fine.

;)

Last edited:

yepperdoodle

Only if you refuse to use the recommendations mentioned throughout this forum. Or even in this very thread itself.

If it's too much hassle or too difficult to search for and read those recommendations and actually implement them, you shouldn't be using the more complicated Woo plugin anyway. You should be using the much simpler to use Original plugin that does not have the CPU problem. Then you can pull your $89 back from the drain.

It's up to you though. Give up and throw your money away, or do something about it instead. That's what I and many others here have done. I've gone from Original to Woo, then back to Original, and now back to Woo again. I've experimented, tried all solutions, applied all recommendations and now everything is fine.

;)

ok. I went from Woo to the original and then back to woo as with woocommerce and divi I have more freedom of design. Do you mind me asking what fixed it for you in the end? I am using a digital ocean cloud vm which can handle very large projects without any issues but this CPU thing is not good. If you could point me to the solution that worked for you, I would be very grateful for it. I really want to use this woo plugin as alidropship is the best one out there.

Mar

I am using a digital ocean cloud vm which can handle very large projects without any issues but this CPU thing is not good.
The fact that you have this CPU issue, there is an issue even using digital ocean.
If you could point me to the solution that worked for you, I would be very grateful for it.
As I stated above, I update products manually and it don't have an issue with CPU usage, even a bit, That is at my end, especially now when you can update per category. Personally, this CPU issue is not a big deal for me and switching to the original plugin for this reason is not worth the hassle especially a site with more than 1600 products. If you are not comfortable with it, that's your call.

Direct Webstore

Turn off automatic updates. Just update manually each day. And keep product numbers below 500 if they have lots of variations and you'll have no CPU problems. If you have mostly simple products...you can have more. Scroll back to Mar's post. She says more or less the same but she has over 1000 products

full1526

Hola Estoy teniendo el mismo problema que todos con alidropship woo, note la diferencia de una vez ya que primero empece con alidropship, y todo funcionaba bien por motivo de mas posibilidades de optimizacion del tema me pase a alidropship woo, pero estoy teniendo demasiados problemas y no quiero perder mi trabajo ya que cuando pase de alidropship a alidropship woo todos mis productos se fueron eliminados. aqui una captura de lo que sucede asta subiendo los review mi cpu y ram se van al limite y la web se va fuera de servicio error 503

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Captura1.JPG
    Captura1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 18

Mar

This issue has been resolved at my end. It's been 24 hours now since I asked the help of my host provider support. I never think of asking their help since most host provider would point to the developer of the plugin. But I notice they are flexible, so I tried. To my surprise in just a few minutes after I submitted the ticket I received an update, the issue is resolved. They activated Auto update just I described and apparently activated something in the server. There was no effect in CPU usage.

I did not believe at once since I have tried in this server, the effect to CPU was after several hours. Also because I checked all Notify me in the setting, I wait for the update report later in the day. That would confirm that product update was actually running in the background, I did receive it. Until now CPU usage is normal with Auto update activated. Again I am amazed by the performance of this lowly $5.00/mo shared hosting plan, https://www.interserver.net/r/502444. It outperform my previous much more expensive shared and VPS plans with other host providers when I have this intermittent resource and data base related errors and downtimes. It's been a month now since I moved my site, I never have all this errors, much less the down times. Now unexpectedly the long time CPU issue is resolved. It is just a proof that VPS is not necessarily better all the time.

1551832752341.png

1551832774310.png

1551832791519.png

Direct Webstore

It's been a month now since I moved my site, I never have all this errors, much less the down times. Now unexpectedly the long time CPU issue is resolved.
It's good that all your nightmares are over. Is Social Rabbit still causing CPU spikes with this new server too? Or have you not tested that yet?

:)

Arnaldo

Hi @Mar how are you? Do you you know what setting did your host changed in the server? Maybe we can reproduce such setting at our end.

Happy to know your issue is resolved now.

What do you use instead of social rabbit atm?

Mar

Hi @Mar how are you? Do you you know what setting did your host changed in the server? Maybe we can reproduce such setting at our end.

Happy to know your issue is resolved now.

What do you use instead of social rabbit atm?
As far as I know, opcache was activated.
Opcache is available by default on all cPanel + CloudLinux servers via cPanel, that is the answer when I inquired if it is available in all cPanel.

I am not sure if it will work at your end. My server is LiteSpeed and using LiteSpeed cache plugin. This is one of the difference with the previous server that I think is one factor.

I am not using Social Rabbit anymore, I am posting manually now.

Thanks a lot for those information Mar!
So just to be clear, what is the culprit here? Is it the product update being turned on? Too many products being updated. Or something else?

Mar

Thanks a lot for those information Mar!
So just to be clear, what is the culprit here? Is it the product update being turned on? Too many products being updated. Or something else?
As what I and many users experienced, the culprit is when Auto Update is activated. Too many products is one factor, but this time I have more than 1700 products with no CPU issue while I saw some posts of some users who have less than 500 products but are having the issue.