Issue with high CPU usage

jaykay

I just finished a Davinci child theme on a test site, with heavily modified header, front page, footer and extra widgets in the side bar. It's not recognisable as Davinci anymore and it's extra functionality now approaches what I have with WOO. Almost. The only things missing are a "Social Share for Discount" plugin which I will miss, but I'm looking for a compatible alternative to encourage Social Shares and the other thing is no compatible "Wishlist" plugin ... which isn't the end of the world.

Which are the most difficult parts of editing for you? And, are you doing core code editing (php, css) most of the time?

Direct Webstore

Which are the most difficult parts of editing for you? And, are you doing core code editing (php, css) most of the time?
None of it is difficult for me as I've been doing it for years. I also use Google to learn more.

Yes. Editing copies of the theme php files in a child theme folder and adding CSS to the child theme style.css file.

Mar

@Mar I can understand your frustration and yes the statement about Woo version is really misleading for sure and I think they should really state that explicitly for all new users with a clear warning for now on. If I knew that before I would never have made the switch at that time.
It is really misleading and again the support team is conflicting their own statements. But mine is not only the product Auto update. In fact I am updating products manually and it don't have CPU issue. I just have to refresh the page every now and then since it stop. The other issue that I have now, still about CPU usage is when I activate Social Rabbit. The effect with CPU usage is very much like the Auto update when enabled, it crash my site immediately. The support is very well aware of it and don't really care. It's been sometime now, I spend time to post manually in social networks. Come to think of it, I paid a product for this purpose, yet I cannot use it. I am very upset.

Arnaldo

In fact I am updating products manually and it don't have CPU issue. I just have to refresh the page every now and then since it stop".

Exactly the issue I had back in August. My config is close to yours with Flatsome theme. I also had to refresh the page when update stops then click the cron again to continue where it was until completion.

By increasing server time limit and upload limit I could finish the manual update like this to 100% on rare occasions, but not reliable enough to be used on a regular basis. I had +1000 products. Things could go well enough until 800+ product but after that, it was a mess to handle.

jaykay

It is really misleading and again the support team is conflicting their own statements. But mine is not only the product Auto update. In fact I am updating products manually and it don't have CPU issue. I just have to refresh the page every now and then since it stop. The other issue that I have now, still about CPU usage is when I activate Social Rabbit. The effect with CPU usage is very much like the Auto update when enabled, it crash my site immediately. The support is very well aware of it and don't really care. It's been sometime now, I spend time to post manually in social networks. Come to think of it, I paid a product for this purpose, yet I cannot use it. I am very upset.

Hi @Mar

I am facing a similar issue which you are facing with Siteground. They are not able to install ioncube with PHP7.2 version of the plugin. I have read your post about it and they are giving exact same reply while blaming the developers of Alidropship plugin. Could you tell me if you are using Php 7.1 version now or upgraded somehow?
Also, what are the possible disadvantages of using 7.1 over 7.2?

jaykay

Things could go well enough until 800+ product but after that, it was a mess to handle.
Could you please share your hosting plan? Are you using shared hosting? I am delaying my website launch just because of this problem and confusions. I am very much afraid of woocommerce issue as I am not good in coding and may face even more issues when I have to shift to other solution in near future.

Direct Webstore

The support is very well aware of it and don't really care.

I think they do care and are "trying" to find a solution. The problem is mainly with Woocommerce which they have no control over. It's like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

:)

Mar

I think they do care and are "trying" to find a solution. The problem is mainly with Woocommerce which they have no control over. It's like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

:)
Even Social Rabbit, it is still WooCommercce? They have cited a number of reasons and I acted on it all. They said I need more resources, I upgraded and doubled the resources, they said I have many plugins, I removed a significant number of plugins, they even blame Cloudflare, I disabled Cloudflare to test. All of it don't help a bit. The fact is I activate Social Rabbit without any issues at all until then. I ask help because it was not working in Pinterest only. The support asked the access to the server, which I initially hesitated to give until they gave me the assurance and I regretted it until today. After giving the access I cannot activate Social Rabbit anymore since the site crash and that is until now. They denied having done something, but in the situation, who else could I blame? I remember one member in the forum who was so mad with the support, she posted that these people are not professionals and we should not give them access to our admin. She was right, I regretted giving the access. But if you don't give, that will be a very convenient reason for the support why they cannot resolve the issue. We are in a no win situation against the support that is supposed to help us.

Mar

Hi @Mar

I am facing a similar issue which you are facing with Siteground. They are not able to install ioncube with PHP7.2 version of the plugin. I have read your post about it and they are giving exact same reply while blaming the developers of Alidropship plugin. Could you tell me if you are using Php 7.1 version now or upgraded somehow?
Also, what are the possible disadvantages of using 7.1 over 7.2?
I have moved my site from Siteground, in fact it's been sometime now. But before moving they were able to transition my site to PHP7.2 with ionCube Loader. Yes I saw it many times, host providers blaming everything else except themselves when they cannot resolve issues. I did not buy it when they said it is the plugin until they were able to resolve it, but not without so much confusion. Siteground is boasting about theirs support, but they have a lot of support techs that don't know much. I remember I told the tech who was handling the issue to escalate to their senior techs, that was when they were able to resolve it.

With your other question, as mentioned by @Direct Webstore, the difference between PHP7.1 and 7.2 is minimal, in fact you won't notice it at all. There are many factors on how a website perform and PHP version is not much of an impact. In fact I am moving my site now hoping to resolve some issues and I know that the host provider I am moving to support up to PHP7.1 only, but again it is no big deal.

jaykay

I have moved my site from Siteground, in fact it's been sometime now. But before moving they were able to transition my site to PHP7.2 with ionCube Loader. Yes I saw it many times, host providers blaming everything else except themselves when they cannot resolve issues. I did not buy it when they said it is the plugin until they were able to resolve it, but not without so much confusion. Siteground is boasting about theirs support, but they have a lot of support techs that don't know much. I remember I told the tech who was handling the issue to escalate to their senior techs, that was when they were able to resolve it.

With your other question, as mentioned by @Direct Webstore, the difference between PHP7.1 and 7.2 is minimal, in fact you won't notice it at all. There are many factors on how a website perform and PHP version is not much of an impact. In fact I am moving my site now hoping to resolve some issues and I know that the host provider I am moving to support up to PHP7.1 only, but again it is no big deal.
Thank you for your reply. I was able to convince the support and shared some previous posts from this forum. Now, the senior tech support enabled ioncube on 7.2 without any issue. Thank you for the detailed reply :)

waterlion

Thank you for your reply. I was able to convince the support and shared some previous posts from this forum. Now, the senior tech support enabled ioncube on 7.2 without any issue. Thank you for the detailed reply :)

Ioncube is fairly simple to enable.

They simply edit one of the setting files, and it auto-installs from the distribution servers.

Mar

Ioncube is fairly simple to enable.

They simply edit one of the setting files, and it auto-installs from the distribution servers.
It depend on the webhost. It is easy in some that a user can set it, but in some it is complicated like Siteground, even their techs were having a hard time on it.

jaykay

None of it is difficult for me as I've been doing it for years. I also use Google to learn more.

Yes. Editing copies of the theme php files in a child theme folder and adding CSS to the child theme style.css file.
Hi,
I was wondering if you can answer a small query (maybe a dumb one) as you are already working with the wordpress themes. Is it possible to get the wordpress plugin integrated with a fully customised theme built from scratch? Rather than using available themes and editing them.
I mean, if I hire a freelancer and ask him to use the plugin and create a well designed theme (as per niche) which will smoothly work with the alidropship plugin. Is it possible?
What could be the issues with that?

Dylan-

Haven't been following this thread for a while but I have problems with my CPU usage.

1. What action caused the issue: importing or auto-updating or manual updating?
I am not sure what is causing it.

2. What is your hosting provider and what is your hosting plan?
Siteground - Grow Big Plan

3. What is your current WooCommerce version?

4. What is the version of AliDropship Woo
Version 1.3.8

5. What cache plugin are you using?
SG Optimizer & WP Fastest Cache

download (1).png

3.png
4.png
download (2).png

jaykay

Haven't been following this thread for a while but I have problems with my CPU usage.

Version 1.3.8

View attachment 8039

View attachment 8040
View attachment 8041
View attachment 8042
Hi,
I have similar type of setup with exactly similar plan with siteground. I am very surprised to see that with less than 200 products (as I see in the images) you are facing CPU usage issue. I am yet to launch my store, but seeing this CPU usage issue is keeping me from launching my store. I don't want to get stuck if I start getting some traction of sales.
Have you tried disabling auto update?

Yaros

Staff member

Version 1.3.8

View attachment 8039

View attachment 8040
View attachment 8041
View attachment 8042
Do you really need all these plugins? btw update the theme.

Direct Webstore

Is it possible to get the wordpress plugin integrated with a fully customised theme built from scratch? Rather than using available themes and editing them.
I mean, if I hire a freelancer and ask him to use the plugin and create a well designed theme (as per niche) which will smoothly work with the alidropship plugin. Is it possible?
What could be the issues with that?
If completley from scratch, one could be that the Original plugin's files are encoded so the freelancer would not be able to reference them to design a compatiple theme.

But he could edit/customise an existing Original plugin theme ... like I do.

Last edited: