Issue with high CPU usage

Direct Webstore

The only drawback of the original plugin is the lack of frontend customization
I'm kicking around the idea of going back to the Original at the moment and am playing around with a Davinci2 child theme on a test site. I'm editing the header, footer and frontpage files so far and It's already looking quite different ... but I know this isn't a solution for many. But Elementor would be great if it was possible :)

PS..anyone want to buy a Flatsome licence? :)

Arnaldo

Hi my dear Master of holy sarcasm @Direct Webstore, how are you buddy?

Yes, to be be 100% honnest I’m thinking the same.

I was thinking Elementor because of the stability and the tremendously fast development they have.

Elementor is also a breeze to built landing page.

Many developers are proposing custom Elementor compatible modules.

Why not be the first dropshipping solution fully compatible with Elementor. Easier said than done, i know.

Arnaldo

To be completely transparent I didn’t had the time to play and test Elementor + Original plugin, maybe this could work, at least for the home page.

I will play with it and report back this month.

Arnaldo

I'm kicking around the idea of going back to the Original at the moment and am playing around with a Davinci2 child theme on a test site. I'm editing the header, footer and frontpage files so far and It's already looking quite different ... but I know this isn't a solution for many. But Elementor would be great if it was possible :)

PS..anyone want to buy a Flatsome licence? :)

You mean DaVinci 2 for Woo or original plugin @Direct Webstore ?

Direct Webstore

Davinci2 for Original. I hate the blog ... I'll be tackling that today. Especially the logo linked to the blog page. Most people intuitively click the sites logo to return to the site's home page.

jaykay

@Yaros What do you think about the possibility of resolution from Woocommerce? Is there is any chance of resolution in coming months or in 2019? I know that there is no way that you can be sure about it, but as per your industry experience, what do you think about the possible chance? And, is there is any way that "we" as a community can bring this in front of woocommerce team?

waterlion

Seriously? Drop the "Flagship" plugin? You're just joking, aren't you? :)
Well at this point, you can't, since it's legacy, and as Yaros said, 80-90% seem to use this version.

I prefer the Woo version because... it is a serious ecomm platform. Alidropship original is just a toy to play with.

Direct Webstore

I prefer the Woo version because... it is a serious ecomm platform. Alidropship original is just a toy to play with.

And yet Yarros said he only uses the Original for their "serious sites".

I think they both have they pluses and minuses.

After using both versions extensively over the past 2 years, I've recently decided to go back to the Original. I'm not having any of the CPU problems at the moment, but as my sites slowly grow bigger, I'm anticipating I will.

I just finished a Davinci child theme on a test site, with heavily modified header, front page, footer and extra widgets in the side bar. It's not recognisable as Davinci anymore and it's extra functionality now approaches what I have with WOO. Almost. The only things missing are a "Social Share for Discount" plugin which I will miss, but I'm looking for a compatible alternative to encourage Social Shares and the other thing is no compatible "Wishlist" plugin ... which isn't the end of the world.

The Original is not a "toy" in my opinion. It's only problem is it's themes. It's needs easily customised themes like Flatsome as most people can't edit theme files like I did. That's all.

:)

Last edited:

Mar

this info should be disclosed in the front page of alidropship.com, i shouldn't search forum for this information
I am here in this forum every now and then, I never saw this information. It is just another desperate reasoning for an issue that the support is not capable to resolve. If you see this thread, https://forum.alidropship.com/threa...ts-an-alidropship-can-serve.10510/#post-53399, you will see so much confusion about this issue. Also you will see the support team conflicting their own statements. This thread is not so long ago.

1549333395844.png

Direct Webstore

Seeing as the Woo version was only developed after the Original by popular request, and the Original doesn't have the same problems as Woo, I'm not going to complain about it.

Instead, I'm actively doing something about it. That is ... going back to the more robust Original with increased functionality via a child theme

They really should seriously think about the theme situation though ... as I stated below so more functionality can be easily added by anyone.

It's only problem is it's themes. It's needs easily customised themes like Flatsome.........

Mar

Instead, I'm actively doing something about it. That is ... going back to the more robust Original with increased functionality via a child theme
The support is misleading users in this issue. If everybody is actively doing something about it, what is the support for in that case?

Direct Webstore

I'm blaming all the people who demanded a Woo compatible plugin. It's all their fault. LOL :)

It's like demanding a car that drives on water, then complaining when it leaks. Just stick to the ground model.

:)

waterlion

By the end of 2019, the woocommerce database will receive the much needed multiple Table distribution upgrade. Then (hopefully), performance issues will be improved dramatically.

I used to try running a store with 7000 items, but gave up on that due to the performance issues.

Now I'm running a store that literally sells only 1 item, so performance issues would only be because I have too many plugins, or something else (no performance issues at the moment).

Direct Webstore

By the end of 2019, the woocommerce database will receive the much needed multiple Table distribution upgrade. Then (hopefully), performance issues will be improved dramatically.

That's fantastic. I'm backing up my Woo sites and putting them in mothballs until that happens. But I'm not holding my breath.

A search for "woocommerce database multiple table distribution" yielded no results. Can you give us a link to the above info?
All I can find are Beta version plugins to create extra product tables.

Last edited:

waterlion

Arnaldo

"...by the end of 2019" lol I really hope they will do it, but for now on I just can't wait and count on Woo integration except for small sites.

@Mar I can understand your frustration and yes the statement about Woo version is really misleading for sure and I think they should really state that explicitly for all new users with a clear warning for now on. If I knew that before I would never have made the switch at that time.

I think it's more an underlying problem with the Wordpress platform in general than just Alidropship development issues. There is too many dependencies and factors here. I can't count the number of times I had to contact any other plugin developer's team to fix issues for something I bought that doesn't exactly work as advertised just because WordPress or Woocommerce did an important update, that's the game sadly.

Also, I don't think the Alidropship team expected all these issues too, sadly it's also part of their growth strategy as a company, I just hope they will continue to improve on all fronts and innovate for their users. Many time they listen and implemented long-awaited suggestions. And surely their time objective is not aligned with ours (woo users) yet.

I almost lost a whole year to fix all the issues I had on my Woo store until August when I had these CPU spikes as described in this thread. Not necessarily due to last Woocommece update but more to the fact I had almost 1000 products with lots of variations. And even with an 8 Go RAM Vultr server, the result wasn't satisfying after months of hard work. Depression was a "light" word to describe the mood I was in at that time.

So yes it's infuriating, to say the least, and we are many in that case. But I just can't blame the developers here, nor ourselves either (which is even more infuriating).

IMHO, Ali Woo plugin development shouldn't stop, just the time Woocommerce does the necessary fixes.

But until then, I think I will try the original flagship version. I need reliability above anything else.

Also @Yaros I will ask for one request even not the right channel:

- Let's say some of us goes back to Alidropship original
- Then Woocommerce made their changes and we choose to go back to it.

Could it be possible to allow a local development license provided the original license, so when it comes we only have to upload our woo backup version?

Let's say a same license valid for 1 live site and 1 local with the same domain (still within ioncube encryption).
To be able to encrypt license to be to tied to the domain name only, not necessarily a real live domain.
Like in MAMP PRO i can fake a domain name like mysite.com not tied to any DNS and use the same license for the real live domain.

Even more now this seems to me a necessity, for development, backup, versioning etc... and it lowers the cost when you pay for hosting for a site that is not live yet after weeks/months of development.

Also when a site grow to much and needs cleaning so you can do it locally then reup it once done.

I know this has been already discussed and answered here but this should be allowed as long as it doesn't impact your sales and intellectual property. If technically possible I don't see any reason not to do it.

Last, do you think it could be an option to contact Woocommerce team about these developments and maybe team up on this front? (I'm just suggesting, I don't really how it could be done obviously). I saw a commit 7 days ago on the github repo about this, hope they will do it eventually).

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
Could it be possible to allow a local development license provided the original license, so when it comes we only have to upload our woo backup version?.

Yes of course, we can discuss that. And of course we will not stop the development process of AliDropship Woo plugin. I hope we see a solution in the nearest future.

Direct Webstore

@Mar I can understand your frustration and yes the statement about Woo version is really misleading for sure and I think they should really state that explicitly for all new users with a clear warning for now on.
Yarros said somewhere they will be doing that.

I just hope they will continue to improve on all fronts and innovate for their users.
I'm sure they will.

Many time they listen and implemented long-awaited suggestions.
They didn't give us the Newsletter add-on that imports products into it that I asked for "for Christmas" last year. Maybe because I've been a naughty boy ... lol :)

But I just can't blame the developers here, nor ourselves either
Same here. Like they say "sh#t happens".

MHO, Ali Woo plugin development shouldn't stop, just the time Woocommerce does the necessary fixes.

But until then, I think I will try the original flagship version. I need reliability above anything else.
Same here. I'm in the process of changing back 8 sites right at this moment.