POLL: How Often Do You Use Built-in Bulk Import in AliDropship Plugin?

How Often Do You Use Built-in Bulk Import in AliDropship Plugin?

• Always

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Seldom

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Never

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters

jubran

It's pretty useless, unless someone have a very big store or affiliate sotre with aliexpress

omktg

Hey @Christina ,

I tried to use it, but it seemed to me that the filters of this tool were not enough for my requirements.

When I look for an Aliexpress product/store I always focus on the price, comments, and in the detailed seller ratings, for example:

Item as Described: 4.8 Above Average
Communication: 4.8 Above Average
Shipping Speed: 4.8 Above Average

And since I can not do it with this tool, I do not use it.

What I think would be very useful if implemented is to add to this filter the option to see all the products of a predefined store.
In this way, I can add the Aliexpress stores which I already work with to the filter, and thus add all the products of this store to my import list in one click.

That would be really useful.

Direct Webstore

What I think would be very useful if implemented is to add to this filter the option to see all the products of a predefined store.
In this way, I can add the Aliexpress stores which I already work with to the filter, and thus add all the products of this store to my import list in one click.
Not worth the trouble. Just get the new Dropship.Me plugin when it's released. :)

Direct Webstore

Doesn't matter ... Most people don't use it. It's still a waste of time. I suspect that this poll is just to confirm that before they actually get rid of it. Bottom line, I doubt they will go to the trouble of adding your requested filters to a feature hardly anyone uses. :)

You can get your packages here:
No thanks. I prefer a more "hands on approach" by using the existing filters at Aliexpress. Plus, you still have to edit titles and descriptions when you use Drop.Me anyway. It's good for newbies, lazy or really clueless people I suppose. :)

Last edited:

omktg

Doesn't matter ... 90% of people don't use it. It's still a waste of time. I suspect that this poll is just to confirm that before they actually get rid of it. :)

I understand your point, and maybe you're right. Maybe this survey is to decide whether to eliminate it or not. And that's why I suggested improving the filter so I could use it with the vendors I currently work with.

That would be useful. and other people in the forum may find it useful too.

Who knows, maybe some Dropshippers here work with sellers with whom they have already negotiated lower rates, or priority in shipping.

Christina

Administrator
Hey @Christina ,

I tried to use it, but it seemed to me that the filters of this tool were not enough for my requirements.

When I look for an Aliexpress product/store I always focus on the price, comments, and in the detailed seller ratings, for example:

Item as Described: 4.8 Above Average
Communication: 4.8 Above Average
Shipping Speed: 4.8 Above Average

And since I can not do it with this tool, I do not use it.

That would be really useful.

We are thankful for your suggestion! We really appreciate your inputs for the plugin improvement.

chosenv3

My biggest issue with this is that suppliers from AliExpress sneak their store names and website links and up sell products etc into their description and images. So these all need manually checking over first and removing/editing. Also the filtering is very limited. For example i only want sellers who offer e-packet etc So its no different from me manually looking on AliExpress myself and choosing who I trust and like.

Direct Webstore

My biggest issue with this is that suppliers from AliExpress sneak their store names and website links and up sell products etc into their description and images.
They don't "sneak" them in. They are simply promoting their "store" the same as anyone does. Aliexpress sellers are not set up purely to service dropshippers. LOL :)

So these all need manually checking over first and removing/editing.
When you find a plugin that automatically writes unique titles and descriptions ... let me know. I want one. :)

For example i only want sellers who offer e-packet etc
Yes ... that would be a nice added filter, but unrealistic as you can't even filter for that on Aliexpress.

So we both seem to realise that to run a business, some work is required. Not everything can be automated. Wouldn't it be nice if it could? Just turn our computers on in the morning, then go to the beach ... yay! :)

Last edited:

Mar

Who knows, maybe some Dropshippers here work with sellers with whom they have already negotiated lower rates, or priority in shipping.
You pay your order with AliExpress. Prices in AliExpress apply to everybody, meaning no special prices to dropshippers. AliExpress sellers cannot give you negotiated price unless you pay them directly which is not allowed.

Direct Webstore

AliExpress sellers cannot give you negotiated price unless you pay them directly which is not allowed.

I'm not sure about that. I've heard that too ... but in some articles and in this "Wholesale Ted" video they talk about about negotiating discounts from sellers if you make lots of orders over time. #Timemark 8.30 is about the discounts.

One day I'll look into it more and find out exactly what the situation is.

:)

Mar

I'm not sure about that. I've heard that too ... but in some articles and in this "Wholesale Ted" video they talk about about negotiating discounts from sellers if you make lots of orders over time. #Timemark 8.30 is about the discounts.

One day I'll look into it more and find out exactly what the situation is.

If you haven't come across this page, this is for everybody to see. Just hover above the seller, just below the Aliexpress logo and click Contact Now, you will see this page. It is quite obvious why it is not allowed.

I experienced it myself in my first sale because I did not prepare a credit card. What I have then was Paypal which is not supported by AliExpress. I paid directly to the seller. Something went wrong with the order. When I get in touch with AliExpress support for help, the first thing they asked is the order number. Since I paid it directly to the seller, there is no order number in the system. When I told them how I paid, I was told that it is not allowed and they cannot help me with my problem. You can pay directly to the seller and pray nothing goes wrong. Also, of course the order is not entitled with the cash back.

AliExpress Payment.png

chosenv3

They don't "sneak" them in. They are simply promoting their "store" the same as anyone does. Aliexpress sellers are not set up purely to service dropshippers. LOL :)

When you find a plugin that automatically writes unique titles and descriptions ... let me know. I want one. :)

Yes ... that would be a nice added filter, but unrealistic as you can't even filter for that on Aliexpress.

So we both seem to realise that to run a business, some work is required. Not everything can be automated. Wouldn't it be nice if it could? Just turn our computers on in the morning, then go to the beach ... yay! :)

OK so it seems you are confused a little here....

Firstly, I agree that they should be able to promote their stores, but they know full well that this is a huge marketplace for dropshippers and use that to their advantage.

A lot of them watermark all of their images. So if you want to use their images you either have to crop them and limit the image itself or you have to simply put their branding all over your shop. They aren't silly, they know what they are doing.

Also i find all sorts of hyper links etc hidden inside their description.

Second, There are plenty of ways to write unique titles and descriptions using simple regex queries or replace methods. You should be able to input your requirements and then it can output unique titles. For example you could put variables in place like replace "toy cat dog hamster bright colour male female bla bla bla" for "bright toy for cats and dogs". We can already auto populate and customise SEO content etc, so why not titles and descriptions too? Also check out Dropship.me. Its a plug in where they already tidy up titles and descriptions for you and you just import them in. OK not unique but still decent..

Thirdly, yes you can filter in AliExpress for E-packet.... This is the first option I chose when filtering.

Lastly.. i am actually an automation engineer by trade (Full job title) so yes, there are 99% of things that we can automate. Especially anything running on a website. There are plenty of API's and webhooks designed exactly for just that.

And trust me... If there is a way to automate something, i will find it... :)

Mar

Lastly.. i am actually an automation engineer by trade (Full job title) so yes, there are 99% of things that we can automate. Especially anything running on a website. There are plenty of API's and webhooks designed exactly for just that.

And trust me... If there is a way to automate something, i will find it...
So you are an automation engineer, but this contradict your first statement: "My biggest issue with this is that suppliers from AliExpress sneak their store names and website links and up sell products etc into their description and images" This should not be an issue for an automation engineer.

Spoilt-Pets

So you are an automation engineer, but this contradict your first statement: "My biggest issue with this is that suppliers from AliExpress sneak their store names and website links and up sell products etc into their description and images" This should not be an issue for an automation engineer.

If you find a way to identify someone has watermarked an image and remove it without interfering with the original image then let me know!

Sadly this falls into the 1% I cannot automate... hence I raised it as an annoyance in the first place..

Direct Webstore

OK so it seems you are confused a little here....
About what?

Firstly, I agree that they should be able to promote their stores, but they know full well that this is a huge marketplace for dropshippers and use that to their advantage.
The bulk of their sales are not to dropshippers. You and I as dropshippers are really not that special. :)

A lot of them watermark all of their images.
That's right ... again, their first priority is promoting their stores ... not making life easier for the few dropshippers that order from them.

Also i find all sorts of hyper links etc hidden inside their description.
And yet again .... their first priority is promoting their stores ... not making life easier for the few dropshippers that order from them.

Second, There are plenty of ways to write unique titles and descriptions using simple regex queries or replace methods.
Go ahead. I wouldn't ruin my stores by using such methods. Nothing beats good old human editing. Laziness will kill your business.

Thirdly, yes you can filter in AliExpress for E-packet
Err, no. You can't. You can only filter for free shipping. For the methods, such as E-Packet you have to pick and choose manually.

And trust me... If there is a way to automate something, i will find it
Right. I think your reply above was automated ... LOL

I predict that if you are so adverse to actually doing a little work and adding a human touch to your business, you'll be joining the ever increasing mountain of e-commerce failed dreamers. Time to stop dreaming, face reality as it stands now, pull your finger out and do a little work. The initial setup and importing of products is hard work at first, but once it's done, the maintenance, tweaking, deleting and adding of products on a regular basis is much easier. If you want your store full of automatically generated titles and descriptions ... like I said, ultimately you'll fail.

You'll just have to wait a few more decades until artificial intelligence is 100% perfected. In the meantime ... do some work like all business managers do.

Pass.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

If you haven't come across this page, this is for everybody to see.
That's good to know. I personally wouldn't even bother trying to get discounts from sellers. Way too much hassle negotiating with them and keeping track of them, especially if you have lots of varied products from lots of different sellers ... in addition to all the other tasks involved in running and promoting a dropshipping business. I'm happy enough to use the "Find cheaper sellers" option for each product I add.