Currency Switcher with Caching Plugin

Mar

It is hard to change currency in Ali woo currency switcher with a caching plugin active. I tried dynamic caching, even Woocommerce Cache Handler, it worked but they significantly slow down the loading of the site. I have asked the support of a caching plugin how to exclude the currency switcher in the cache. The support said the currency switcher must use Ajax. The datas are loaded via PHP. When a page is cached, it is saved as a static html file so PHP does not work. This is something for the developer of the Currency Switcher.

Direct Webstore

It is hard to change currency in Ali woo currency switcher with a caching plugin active.
That's strange ... I'm using WP Super Cache and don't have any problems switching to different currencies.

EDIT: Cancel that. I had Caching turned off on the site I tried. Yeah ... same problem here. The currency won't change. It's stuck on the last selected.

Mar

That's strange ... I'm using WP Super Cache and don't have any problems switching to different currencies.
I have tried all caching plugins I know. the effect is the same. WP Super Cache and Comet Cache support dynamic caching but it (dynamic caching) slow down the site.

Direct Webstore

I mostly target the U.S ... so I will disable the currency switcher until this problem is fixed. :(
Thanks for noticing it. :)

Mar

EDIT: Cancel that. I had Caching turned off on the site I tried. Yeah ... same problem here. The currency won't change. It's stuck on the last selected.
You can switch currency with cache plugins active but you have to try it many times, something visitors would not bother. This time I leave it like that. Everything that make choosing currency work is in place, but not activated. I choose loading speed over it.

Yaros

Staff member
I am waiting for a word from @Yaros, @Victoria Kudryashova, @Ekaterina Sayapina, etc. I believe something can be done especially when I don't experience this problem with the currency switcher of the original Alidropship plugin. If it is not resolved, this currency switcher is useless.
The issue with cache plugins is not solved yet, we are going to resolve it soon. For this moment you can use a third-party currency switcher like before or use a built-in one without activating cache plugins.

Mazhar Kazi

@Yaros thats the reason why I did not move to the Alidropship currency switcher... Page caching is a must for speed and ajax is needed for that... I run my site with WP Rocket + Cloudflare (Cache Everything) + Keycdn... PHP based switcher will screw my site.. All the major third party currency switcher has this option as well as geolocation!!

Another issue is that the plugin is loading JS Currency Switcher file even when the feature is deactivated.. I do not want them, but I have no idea how to remove them!! :(

plugins/alidswoo/assets/js/front/widget-currency-selector.js?ver=0.8.13
plugins/alidswoo/assets/js/front/currency-switcher.js?ver=0.8.13

askarali

i am also same issue facing currency converter not working properly some time USD, some time another currency different times different page different currency i dont know whats going on

Mar

i am also same issue facing currency converter not working properly some time USD, some time another currency different times different page different currency i dont know whats going on
This issue has long been resolved at my end. There must be some conflicts or something else at your end.

remoteict123

Hi guys , I am using Alidropship on woo, I had similar issue after installing the rocket caching plugin on woocommerce. However nowadays Rocket provides a setting to deal with it. On rocket settings you may go to Advance Rules / Never Catch Cookies and add the cookie ID like this : current_cu and voila !

chris37

Hi guys , I am using Alidropship on woo, I had similar issue after installing the rocket caching plugin on woocommerce. However nowadays Rocket provides a setting to deal with it. On rocket settings you may go to Advance Rules / Never Catch Cookies and add the cookie ID like this : current_cu and voila !
This solution was described by me in different thread a year ago..
Is still not recommended.. because for your first time visitor is still gonna have flag cache issue for the first load.(you first time visitor is going to see the flag of the previous selection you have load your site first time , the currency is going to change but not the flag)
After the second load 99% is going to work ok.

So the best solution is to use dynamic cache but your server must allow it . … like for example interserver is a litespeed cache server.. you can use the alidropship currency switcher without any issue if you follow some more steps..

Anyway i never use the alidropship currency switcher as is not allowed the customers to checkout in preference currency (only the store default currency)
I have replace it with Alias currency switcher.

They alidropship team promise is going to fix they issue of the currency switcher but is never happen for years now.

chris37

current_cu and voila !
If you exclude with this cookies .. check your variation prices products;)

(if a products have different price in the different variation, if you loaded and change the currency switcher 2 or 3 times is going to be cache in the previous setting .)

the way you exclude the cookies is wrong.