Inaccurate shipping information

Mar

I received a one item U$437.00 order today after the 20% discount I offered in my store, only to realize that I might have to issue a refund. The reason is when I checked the product in AliExpress, it turned out that it is not really a free shipping product. The shipping address is Brazil, and the cheapest shipping option is U$168.42 and U$2100.00 as the fastest. When I opened the chat window of the seller the product is even marked not available anymore.

This is a big gap in the accuracy of the product information when imported and the product update if confirmed that it is not really available anymore. I always import product with free shipping or with free shipping option. This product has no shipping option, meaning the default free shipping is applied. I know that it could be the seller not updating the product, although just recently there were updates of price and quantity. I just sent a message to the seller, asking confirmations, hoping the buyer would understand and pick similar product as a replacement that would fit his budget since there is no way I can absorb the shipping cost, or maybe just accept a refund.

What ever is the outcome, this is something to take a look of how the plugin work or we will be in trouble.

Mar

I received a one item U$437.00 order today after the 20% discount I offered in my store, only to realize that I might have to issue a refund. The reason is when I checked the product in AliExpress, it turned out that it is not really a free shipping product. The shipping address is Brazil, and the cheapest shipping option is U$168.42 and U$2100.00 as the fastest. When I opened the chat window of the seller the product is even marked not available anymore.

This is a big gap in the accuracy of the product information when imported and the product update if confirmed that it is not really available anymore. I always import product with free shipping or with free shipping option. This product has no shipping option, meaning the default free shipping is applied. I know that it could be the seller not updating the product, although just recently there were updates of price and quantity. I just sent a message to the seller, asking confirmations, hoping the buyer would understand and pick similar product as a replacement that would fit his budget since there is no way I can absorb the shipping cost, or maybe just accept a refund.

What ever is the outcome, this is something to take a look of how the plugin work or we will be in trouble.
Have started this thread, no word from support team, as if it is invisible. Apparently, this is something they don't want to see.

Yaros

Staff member
When you are importing products with free shipping what country (to ship to) do you set on AliExpress local settings?

Yaros

Staff member
Have started this thread, no word from support team, as if it is invisible. Apparently, this is something they don't want to see.
this forum is generally for communication between the members, we can provide support here only if support managers are free from their main support tasks on main support channels.

Mar

When you are importing products with free shipping what country (to ship to) do you set on AliExpress local settings?
Yes I set it to a local setting, but it is possible to one country only. How do you know if the next order will come from that country?

Mar

this forum is generally for communication between the members, we can provide support here only if support managers are free from their main support tasks on main support channels.
This thread is not only for the support team. Yes it is communication between members and it is important for everybody to know. We have banners of Free Shipping World Wide, but it turned out that it is not free to some countries. This is serious and something to think about.

Yaros

Staff member
Yes I set it to a local setting, but it is possible to one country only. How do you know if the next order will come from that country?
When I am searching for products with free shipping I select a country like Brazil in local AliExpress settings (in spite of the fact that my main target audience is from US). If a product has free shipping to Brazil, it usually always has the same free shipping to US and most other countries. But if you are searching and importing free shipping products with the USA selected on your settings, you will often get a situation when you can't find a free shipping option for customers who ordered on your site from Brazil, Argentina, Ukraine, etc.

Mar

When I am searching for products with free shipping I select a country like Brazil in local AliExpress settings (in spite of the fact that my main target audience is from US). If a product has free shipping to Brazil, it usually always has the same free shipping to US and most other countries. But if you are searching and importing free shipping products with the USA selected on your settings, you will often get a situation when you can't find a free shipping option for customers who ordered on your site from Brazil, Argentina, Ukraine, etc.
That is a good tip.