how to generate sales?

fanmerch

Hi! my site is Anime related fanmerchstore.com already used FB,Instagram ads and now using adwords and create different campaigning/ad-group ads with targeting audiance,keywords,placement and spent $300+ from last 20 days, but did not get any sales,why? Generally i have traffic flow of 500-700+ daily it only generate $200-300 sales average per month.How to increase sales?

axiom786

You are still Luckier than me to have $200-300 monthly average sales.. I have about 50 to 55 orders since i started and all have Gone to Abandoned Cart...it seems that my problem is with the Check out fields...may be?????. I hope that anybody who has experienced similar problem on his site may help me out

Direct Webstore

You need to think about what's on your site that's making the customers run away. Because there is definitely "something" there.

Imagine you are a customer ... go to your site and look at it.

Is it ugly? Is it boring? (no blogs or other content), Are the prices too high? (Your customer base would be mostly poor young men/boys, right?)

... and be honest with yourself. :)

:)

Last edited:

axiom786

thank you! You are right, according to me all seems to be correctly respected... price formula, postings, clear images, interesting products etc....
anyway thanks for your message...Regards....https://outdoorsmega.com (My concerned Website) Please Visit my Site...thanks

Direct Webstore

thank you! You are right, according to me all seems to be correctly respected... price formula, postings, clear images, interesting products etc....
anyway thanks for your message...Regards....https://outdoorsmega.com (My concerned Website) Please Visit my Site...thanks

The real answer to whether a site has any problems or not lies in the question "Is it making lots of money?" If the answer to that is "Yes" ... Then your site is indeed "correctly respected." :)

kevgl

I am no expert but, these are the things on your site that makes me want to run away:
- Low quality logo & low quality main images.
- Category menu looking weird.
- Valentines day offer showing.. It's april, not february.
- Chinese marks in images (product example). Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Low quality product images in details area.
- The fact you are having 30k followers on Insta and just 1115 likes/followers on Facebook.
- Homepage banner "1200+ Clients love us".. Really..
- Homepage banner "Shipping to 185 countries" while if you click on Shipping & Delivery, you'll see 200 countries instead of 185 (confusing).
- The fact i see no chat but i do see notifications of orders which i will always highly doubt about it.
- The fact you have 30k followers on Insta but you are only getting max. 100 likes per photo.
- I am not seeing a phone number or legit mail address (don't use gmail if you can use info@fanmerchstore.com)...

Direct Webstore

I am no expert but, these are the things on your site that makes me want to run away:
- The fact you are having 30k followers on Insta and just 1115 likes/followers on Facebook.
- Homepage banner "Shipping to 185 countries" while if you click on Shipping & Delivery, you'll see 200 countries instead of 185 (confusing).
- The fact i see no chat but i do see notifications of orders which i will always highly doubt about it.
- The fact you have 30k followers on Insta but you are only getting max. 100 likes per photo.
- I am not seeing a phone number or legit mail address (don't use gmail if you can use info@fanmerchstore.com)...

It's pretty much a 99% off the shelf site with no customization done at all except for the crappy logo. He needs to crank up his effort level from 0.01% to 110%! :)

Thai Anh

Can you explain why you have more than 30k follow that only receive less than 100 like every photo on Instagram :)

Mar

Hi! my site is Anime related fanmerchstore.com already used FB,Instagram ads and now using adwords and create different campaigning/ad-group ads with targeting audiance,keywords,placement and spent $300+ from last 20 days, but did not get any sales,why? Generally i have traffic flow of 500-700+ daily it only generate $200-300 sales average per month.How to increase sales?
If the site look tricky like the sales popup, not only that I would run away, I will really hate the site.

Arnaldo

Yes globally I agree with all the above comment. Customizing and add unique catchy content, great design, copyrightings and blog articles took me triple the time than any technical details.

That's what most people don't get. You have to be unique in all details.

Put yourself on your customer shoes.

It's not because you have a site ready and functional to process orders that you will inspire confidence and trust from unknown cold audience.

Don't be a clone. Be unique. And what to say about fandom merch... oversatured now?

There are tons of needs and problems to satisfy.

Sunster

Staff member

You forgot to drop your mic ;)

zenxyuan

Come on man, you guys are pretty harsh. The reason they come here is because:
  1. Newbies,
  2. They bought from Yaros so they expect some answer here instead of google. Why is this forum for anyway? To direct everyone to google?

Direct Webstore

They bought from Yaros so they expect some answer here
This forum is just for members, despite the fact that staff members post answers here now and again. It's stated so somewhere. Do a search :) Write to Support for staff answers to urgent/important problems. That's what it's for.
Why is this forum for anyway? To direct everyone to google?
I don't know about you, but I use all resources at my disposal to find an answer to a problem. I usually try Google first as I get an answer in seconds, compared to waiting days, months in a forum. That's if I get an answer at all. LOL :)

Like the question above about Paypal. It has nothing at all to do with Yarros or the plugin. It's to do with Paypal. It's much more logical to get an instant answer from Google, or a slightly slower answer from Paypal (By reading it's FAQ) or an even slower answer in an unrelated forum. I figured directing the person to a page with all the facts he needs would be much more efficient that repeating it all myself here. The guy in question thanked me for the link, so I don't know why you're complaining it.

99% of the time when someone has a problem or a query they think it's unique to them. In reality, others have had the same problem or query and answers to it are already online somewhere.

Was that bad of me to supply a link to information that he needed? If I upset you by doing so ... my apologies.

Common sense .. it's a dying art these days ... but ironically, it's exactly what's needed to run an online business. lol :)

Last edited:

Arnaldo

Yes, now that the forum is populated most of the common questions have been already answered at length.

Any newcomer should find all the information they need to build a nice looking store.

But still, some people are too lazy to search, read, learn, question themselves, debug, etc...

You won't find all your solutions just by reading only the forum. You have to try and test and dig by yourself.

Also apart from all the technical stuff, If you don't read books, articles, studies, watch courses, constantly learn, it won't get you anywhere.

If you can't handle the frustration, stop it right now and do something else. That seems harsh but it is not.

Because It would imply that it is easy for us when it not at all. We put tremendous energy and work in our stores and we are frustrated and upset too on a regular basis. That's what it takes.

If you hang on firmly to your independence there's no reason for not having some success.

No matter the few minutes you have your day, If you have to sacrifice free time, do it and don't complain.

Regarding the initial question of the thread:

It's good to surf on trends but when everybody is already doing the same - the same way -, potential consumers get bored quick.

If you don't have anything to differentiate yourself (design, offer, identity, concept, target audience? etc...), test another niche. There's so much to do.

There are so many interesting niches to try, it always surprises me when people do the same fandom stores, outdoor, fitness, phone cases... So fucking boring.

Do a store you will be confident to buy on, ask your friends around you. Fulfill a need that can be done better than the competition.
Always think of money as the result of good work not as a mean to an end.

A store filled with products and traffic is not a store... Put some life in it, put some interesting content, learn to tell stories people want to read, compelling descriptions, blog articles that could improve dwell time. Think of the most logical and simple navigation possible. Choose your category wisely.
Develop mail automation with follow up sequences so people don't feel you forgot about them once you have their hard earned money.

Be creative. Be bold and work your ass off and put some passion into it.

I could always complain that some people have more money than me to invest in paid ads, but I will never be jealous of any successful store when operated brilliantly. But I see boring stores after boring stores complaining about no sales, the explanation is quite simple.

1) Maybe the niche has no potential or is now boring to death because 10,000 people already do it the same boring way.

2) Your store sucks.

3) You suck and should learn more. We all got gaps to fill in some areas that need improvement. Google and learn like a demon, no excuses.

When something works, there are no mysteries involves. It works because all the boxes have been meticulously checked one by one.
You can be almost satanic to perfection when crafting the way your store operates when all is done properly. No guesswork.

And despite all these beautiful motivational words, I also see very successful stores with almost no content or description, poor design, that performs extremely well on irrational niches like Kpop and literally killing it. Yes, sometimes success can be totally irrational. But it's more the exception than the rule.

At least if you have done things well, let some irrationality comes in and appreciate even more success.

Try working with a Youtube influencer... That works wonders too.

Wish you success and lots of headaches too ;-)

Direct Webstore

Wish you success and lots of headaches too ;-)

Everything you said is pretty much the same as I have said on several occasions but it seems to have upset a few people who can't handle truth so I try to ease off on it now. There really should be a "Rose Coloured Glasses" browser filter for some people. Lol. In society we already have one ... it's called "Political Correctness". :)