Make Davinci theme compatible with Woocommerce

kingpin

hi there.
I love Davinci theme and would love to see it working/compatible with Woocommerce.

I want to use Davinci theme with the woo version of alidrop ship plugin

This would be awesome to have this.

Thanks in advance

Let me know whatd you think about this

Reda Saiko

I think it will be great. Watching this thread, Davinci theme is very good (I have s store with this theme) but actually building and other site with woocommerce version, missing this theme.

Reda Saiko

Actually I'ma searching a good theme for woocommerce? any suggestion (something close to davinci ^^ or shopify themes like supply).

Arnaldo

Even more cool and less complicated: make alidropship compatible with elementor!
I know some make salespage with it.

But you can built quickly awesome looking theme with it too!

LightlyScorched

I choose to build my own themes with Beaver Builder and Beaver Themer for most projects. It didn't even occur to me that the Alidropship Woo plugin wouldn't work with the Alidropship themes. I now have a site that uses the Alidropship plugin and all three themes (I'm test driving them all to see which I like). So far, I'm taking a shine to Davinci now that I see the store with my products in it. I was thinking of trying it out on one of my Alidropship Woo projects... but I guess I won't.

finderskeepers

I bought a wordpress theme bundle from a developer called Dessign. He has 16 woocommerce themes and they all look elegant. They come along with video tutorials for each theme so if you are into woocommerce version of Alidropship, they would come handy. My personal favorite themes are - Shopper, Grid Commerce, E-Box and Large Grid.

Arnaldo

Hey, @LightlyScorched I planned to use Elementor with Alidropship.

With Beaver Builder do you just use it to make single custom funnel sales pages or you can redesign and rearrange Da Vinci Theme to your convenience?

Alidropship themes are not that bad but I see so many sites using it, I personally find them too generic for me.

That's why I use Flatsome which I heavily customize to look unique and inspire confidence.

To what extent you can customize your site? Any example or application you use it?

Really interesting topic.

LightlyScorched

Hey, @LightlyScorched I planned to use Elementor with Alidropship.

With Beaver Builder do you just use it to make single custom funnel sales pages or you can redesign and rearrange Da Vinci Theme to your convenience?

Alidropship themes are not that bad but I see so many sites using it, I personally find them too generic for me.

That's why I use Flatsome which I heavily customize to look unique and inspire confidence.

To what extent you can customize your site? Any example or application you use it?

Really interesting topic.

Hi Arnaldo,

I'm still deciding what to do with some of my stores. I know it sounds like a lot to start with, but I have 4 fledglings, haha! It's a long story. At any rate, the Beaver Builder child theme is completely blank and I love that because it's well coded and I don't have to hide a bunch of things I don't want to use. I'm not sharing any of my URLs at this time. This is the breakdown of my sites:
  1. Woocommerce using Beaver Builder Child theme (Alidropship Woo plus manual POD integration)
  2. Woocommerce using Beaver Builder Child theme (manual POD integration only)
  3. Woocommerce using Beaver Builder Child theme (Alidropship Woo)
  4. Alidropship classic and Davinci Promo theme
I am not using Beaver Themer to modify any of Alidropship's themes. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to disable their Facebook Open Graph code, or even find it, because the Alidropship theme guesses which text blurb to use and always gets it wrong (for example, pulling from the most recent review or the shipping section) and it uses one of the product pictures and cuts a square picture to be rectangle. I actually make branded open graph images for sharing on social media that include the product image, logo, site address, product name and I really make them look slick. But anyway, my OG image and text are being overridden by the theme's guesses and theirs looks awful! Things have to look gorgeous when the product is shared on social media!!!

But I digress. I'm just trying to work with the Alidropship themes (primarily Davinci) and tweak them to my site's needs. I made a child theme using Child Theme Configurator (this is before Davinci Promo was released) and it gave many warnings that indicated the theme was using some outdated coding techniques. Configurator seemed to update them without an issue, so I was going to customize the code from there, but the next day the Davinci Promo child theme was released, so I went with that. There's so much to set up... not just the product landing pages, but redoing all the settings one by one. But I believe in this product, so I'm doing it. My purpose is to learn the software inside and out while launching these stores. :)

Arnaldo

Hey @LightlyScorched You have 4 stores in production or just one with Aidropship?

I will publish my first soon and work in parallel in 5 new stores building themes, changing the way/process building sites.

First, I make all the theme layout locally with all the categories etc... then I source products and suppliers on excel sheet and finally install Aliwoo on live server... cleaner and faster.

Elementor is pretty similar to Beaver and allow to customize your site pretty well.

When I began with Aliwoo only used elementor but after a month I decided to use Flatsome theme because it has all the e-com functionalities I needed already integrated and a WYSG frontend editor (not compatible with others sadly). You can go pretty hard on customization with it, which I've done, you won't be able to guess it's flatsome now lol Maybe I'll use elementor for custom landing pages only later.

I didn't want to lose too much time on development vs marketing.

You also mentioned that you use POD (print on demand) along with Aliwoo, which I also do with Printful ;-) So far it seems compatible but we will have so more manual work going on ;-) Is that what you meant by manual POD integration, because I was figuring out a way to let customers upload their own design on mockups... maybe it could be the next frontier of dropshipping with auto-ordering lol

Did the Open Graph pictures issues you had were related to using Aliwoo or Alidropship?

LightlyScorched

Hey @LightlyScorched You have 4 stores in production or just one with Aidropship?

I will publish my first soon and work in parallel in 5 new stores building themes, changing the way/process building sites.

First, I make all the theme layout locally with all the categories etc... then I source products and suppliers on excel sheet and finally install Aliwoo on live server... cleaner and faster.

Elementor is pretty similar to Beaver and allow to customize your site pretty well.

When I began with Aliwoo only used elementor but after a month I decided to use Flatsome theme because it has all the e-com functionalities I needed already integrated and a WYSG frontend editor (not compatible with others sadly). You can go pretty hard on customization with it, which I've done, you won't be able to guess it's flatsome now lol Maybe I'll use elementor for custom landing pages only later.

I didn't want to lose too much time on development vs marketing.

You also mentioned that you use POD (print on demand) along with Aliwoo, which I also do with Printful ;-) So far it seems compatible but we will have so more manual work going on ;-) Is that what you meant by manual POD integration, because I was figuring out a way to let customers upload their own design on mockups... maybe it could be the next frontier of dropshipping with auto-ordering lol

Did the Open Graph pictures issues you had were related to using Aliwoo or Alidropship?

I have 4 stores in development, basically 95% done or completely done, and I'm about to start marketing. One thing that holds me up is that everything has to look amazing when shared. I don't know what you are referring to when you say "Aliwoo" - is that a different plugin? I was referring to Alidropship Woo version, which I stated. I can control my Open Graph just fine with my Beaver Builder stores running Alidropship Woo, but not the one running the Alidropship plugin (without the Woo).

Printful is expensive and I believe that they actually use InterestPrint to fulfill their orders anyway. I integrate straight into InterestPrint. It's much less expensive and allows me a decent margin without having to overprice like I'd have to with Printful.

Have you noticed that the Alidropship Woo plugin sets all your prices of your POD products to $0.00 if you run a manual price update for the drop shipped items? It did that to my store even though those products were set to be ignored! I submitted a bug report on this forum and it was ignored.

Arnaldo

Hey, @LightlyScorched Thank you for your input.

Like you, I only use exclusively Alidropship Woocommerce version, for the sake of unique customization.

I didn't know about InterestPrint, and seeing their offer, you are right it's definitely cheaper than Printful and with a broader range of Printful.

Sadly I already made a complete collection mockup with Printful (my bad)...

Yes, Printful T-shirt prices are really insane! I will check immediately InterestPrint and how it integrates with Woo. Do they only sell in the US or also in EU too? (that was the reason I choose Printful first over Printify)

For price auto update, I just simply don't use it and wait for Yaros and his team to integrate Price markup per categories like in Alidropship.

Problem is I have a broad niche store but with many different product categories that all have different "value perception" so I put price manually only at the moment.

I've made a test once when I began my store and never had an issue with Printful price updates with Alidropship auto-update.

Like you, my store is 95% near finished and will begin social media marketing very soon.

How many months did it take since you began with Alidropship to build your 4 stores?

When I reflect on past mistakes since I began is:

- Focusing too much on little details because I want to build a brand, a real looking nice store with a reputable customer support despite long shipping.

- Learning the in and outs of Woocommercen which took a long time even if I'm used to Wordpress for a long time.

My biggest problem is I just can't launch a business if the very skeptical man in me is not 100% convinced the site looks legit and awesomely good-looking with a unique selling proposition, with great copyrighting, banners, emailing strategy and discounts in place.

I see so many of these site selling the same things over and over like gadgets of the day etc... I don't think it can't work, but I think it's not the best way to create recurring customers with a store you can run more than 3 months... not my strategy... maybe I'm wrong I have no stats to brag yet.

I have a lot of work to close before sharing it, but once done in a few days/week (hopefully before the end of April) I will share it with you in private just to have your input and share knowledge, you seem to have a good mindset i don't see in many drop shippers.

Good luck with your work, hope will we find our way to a modest but real success.

Cheers!

Arnaldo

Sorry to disturb you again @LightlyScorched but how did you integrate Interestprint with Woocommerce? I didn't find any tutorial on their site except their api. I suppose you had all your product manually then? I don't see a plugin either.

Their interface and mockup generator seems great, great product choice, and Chinese price lol So same shipping delays but not a problem.

Thank you.

LightlyScorched

Sorry to disturb you again @LightlyScorched but how did you integrate Interestprint with Woocommerce? I didn't find any tutorial on their site except their api. I suppose you had all your product manually then? I don't see a plugin either.

Their interface and mockup generator seems great, great product choice, and Chinese price lol So same shipping delays but not a problem.

Thank you.
Hi! How interesting that I should see this question as I am putting together the graphics for my free bootcamp coming up next week. I'm teaching a step-by-step process of creating a print on demand eCommerce store on Wordpress and Woocommerce with no step skipped. The short answer is that they don't have an easy integration. Hence, this is why I am holding the bootcamp! This will include a module on grapics manipulation and a branding module.

I'll be back later (hopefully today) with a link to the challenge, since I'm doing the graphics and landing page now.

valentina

Hi! How interesting that I should see this question as I am putting together the graphics for my free bootcamp coming up next week. I'm teaching a step-by-step process of creating a print on demand eCommerce store on Wordpress and Woocommerce with no step skipped. The short answer is that they don't have an easy integration. Hence, this is why I am holding the bootcamp! This will include a module on grapics manipulation and a branding module.

I'll be back later (hopefully today) with a link to the challenge, since I'm doing the graphics and landing page now.
Hello @LightlyScorched I'd love to see your work as I'm setting up a POD store.. whether this is possible, please send me a PM :D
Thanks a lot!